No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Bond 25 is released in 2019. There is just not an ounce of information about anything being put in motion about the next installment at this hour.

Aren't you panicking a bit prematurely? What info was there about SP at this point in 2013?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    QoS seemed to be the 'current' Bond film for so long that I ended up kind of accepting it for what it was. I hope that if we are in for another 4 year gap, people will give SPECTRE another chance between now and 2019, then maybe more people will end up enjoying it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Bond 25 is released in 2019. There is just not an ounce of information about anything being put in motion about the next installment at this hour.

Aren't you panicking a bit prematurely? What info was there about SP at this point in 2013?

Based on the 'SPECTRE' production thread, it seems that Craig was already confirmed to be returning for B24, screenwriters were already onboard and a 'plot was being developped', all of this by late 2012.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Sadly and unfortunatley I believe will be 2019 before we get the next Bond film.
    ?! I certainly hope not sir. We've waited long enough to get just 4 films in the last 10 yrs.

It's nuts when you think that the halfway mark in the 53 year old franchise is TLD(ish) which is the 16th film out of 24.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    By the way, does anyone follow the timeline in the OP? Should I continue updating it?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Hey, think of it this way, Star Wars fans have had to wait a decade for TFA. :!!

Based on the 'SPECTRE' production thread, it seems that Craig was already confirmed to be returning for B24, screenwriters were already onboard and a 'plot was being developped', all of this by late 2012.

Well said plot was still utter bollocks and no better than QOS's rushed script so I don't think time is the most important factor.

Better writing talent is.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    Sadly and unfortunatley I believe will be 2019 before we get the next Bond film.
    ?! I certainly hope not sir. We've waited long enough to get just 4 films in the last 10 yrs.

During the first half of the franchise, we got twice as many films as during the second half. I wonder why.

It's nuts when you think that the halfway mark in the 53 year old franchise is TLD(ish) which is the 16th film out of 24.

I see you made the same point as me. LTK is actually more like it.
    Hey, think of it this way, Star Wars fans have had to wait a decade for TFA. :!!

And 16 years for The Phantom Menace. The film that saved the franchise.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Then there's the Marvel franchise (MCU) that put out movies practically every year.

Yes but they have like a dozen of superheroes to develop and a lot of source material to use. It is more the exception that confirms the rule.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Ludovico wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Then there's the Marvel franchise (MCU) that put out movies practically every year.

Yes but they have like a dozen of superheroes to develop and a lot of source material to use. It is more the exception that confirms the rule.
    Or far bigger company productions.
    The odds are, that Craig will do one more, and then move on. He could be pushing for B25 to made as quickly as possible.

During the first half of the franchise, we got twice as many films as during the second half. I wonder why.

Movies back in the day were much easier and faster to make. Basil Rathbone made 14 Sherlock Holmes pictures in about 7 years from 1939-1946. 14! Sideny Toler made 22 Charlie Chan films. Twenty. Two. That simply can't happen nowadays for the most part. Robert Downey Jr. might have a chance to play Iron Man around 9 times if they keep him in there, but not all appearances will be a leading role like for Rathbone. Movies are much bigger productions, actors get busy doing other things... it's a miracle Moore did 7 Bond films. I can't fathom that record ever being broken.

Because they had all of Fleming's material to plunder so the scripts could be turned around a lot quicker.

Because they had all of Fleming's material to plunder so the scripts could be turned around a lot quicker.

No doubt the no 1 factor. So much for evolution and survival of the fittest.
  • The problem with the bond franchise now is they don't have a long time plan of when films will be released. Look at how marvel have set a dozen films for the next five years, as have Star Wars, and now the DC films with justice league starting filming before superman v batman is out. Even fast and furious have the next 3 films locked. Answer get some writers in working together for a few film release plan just like bond use to do up till the 80s. Bond is too slow for a franchise nowadays.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    2018 is still possible.. we have no clue what's going behind the scenes right now
    Marvel has a plan reaching all the way to 2029.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 5,767
    SonofSean wrote: »
    Anyone catch Brand new BBC spy thriller The Night Manager? Tom Hiddleston apparantly gives a great audition for Bond. Sounds like everyone is declaring their candidacy for Bond now...all except Daniel Craig!
    Yeah, because he is Bond, more than most of the aother Bond actors. I have to say as much, no matter how mediocre I found SP as a film.

QoS seemed to be the 'current' Bond film for so long that I ended up kind of accepting it for what it was. I hope that if we are in for another 4 year gap, people will give SPECTRE another chance between now and 2019, then maybe more people will end up enjoying it.
    Oooh I would love it a lot if I could enjoy it more!
    2018 will be the year of choice, MGM want DC as well as Eon once the new partner has been selected? DC is not getting any younger and Bond 25 will be his final one.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    Anyone catch Brand new BBC spy thriller The Night Manager? Tom Hiddleston apparantly gives a great audition for Bond. Sounds like everyone is declaring their candidacy for Bond now...all except Daniel Craig!

Yeah I've just seen the first episode on iPlayer and I wouldn't have thought of him as Bond but after watching that I can see him as Bond. If he did I would want him to keep his posh English accent that he has in this - Craig is darker edged, emotional Fleming Bond but misses some of the class and upper class Englishman of Fleming's Bond.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 389
    My prediction. If Craig returns, Bond 25 will be released in late 2018. If Craig quits, we will have to wait until 2019.
    I said it elsewhere but EON or Barbara had to have asked Craig before making Spectre if he would be willing to do a fifth film & close out the story that they are starting.

It takes EON four years to turn out a critically acclaimed film it seems,

if we dont have an B25 2018 official announcement by years end it will most likely be 2019 IMO
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A 2019 release is ridiculous. Wtf are they doing that's taking so long? Its not like EoN have other productions to put out. Even if a distributor isnt selected until much later on this year we can still get a 2018 release.

All this time wasting is aggravating and unecessary and EoN would do well to assert some sort of authority in getting things done in a much shorter space of time.Craig's done 4 films, ask if he's serious to return or not in time for a 2018 release; if yes great, if not, step down and move aside for Bond number 7.
    So we are getting angry about assumptions now? Ego, you are talking about time wasting, when none of us has ANY idea, whats going on behind the scenes. Like kids not getting WHAT they want WHEN they want it. Maybe it would do good to treat this like grown ups. Just a guess... ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    :-@ Save your patronising for yourself, thank you. You do realise that more than 90% of everything being discussed for Bond 25 is all assumption and speculation, right? There isn't even a guarantee that we'll even get Bond 25 in 2018 and what I said wasn't puerile. It was an observation coming from a place that isn't chained to a bias towards Daniel Craig. I addressed the comments about a possible and hypothetical 2019 release. It's called discussion. ;)
    The way you do ot, I call it a fully grown rant amd that is out of plave at this point. Thats allI said and no, I didnt expect you to agree .
    Germanlady wrote: »
    The way you do ot, I call it a fully grown rant amd that is out of plave at this point. Thats allI said and no, I didnt expect you to agree .
    Not to mention as well, the hunt for new writers which could easily take 12-14 months inandofistelf.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 832
    I have to agree, there is no excuse for another 4 year gap, that's unacceptable. I would rather they replace craig than have that happen, and I dont want them to replace craig. If eon cannot produce a good film in 3 years then it is dysfunctional. Also, its not a matter of "demanding" what we want when we want it, so much as it is concern about what eon is capable of.