No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Nobody beats the Wiz at DAD commentary! Nobody!

Do a bootleg commentary @TheWizardOfIce ?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0
    On Sky Sports they used to do a thing where they would have a fan from each team doing the football commentary. It would be pretty cool to have a fans' commentary on a Bond film.

Yeah cracking idea. Babs anytime you want me to go through DAD for you shot by shot just drop me a line!

@TheWizardOfIce, no lie, I'd pay a solid hundred dollars American for that edition for the entertainment value alone!

I don't know it that's such a good idea. The Wiz is already in the sights of EON's lawyers, and pretty soon things will go all silent on his end, leaving us to wonder if he was silenced permanently or was simply told to take a vacation.

Well now youre talking hard cash Brady you have my attention! Lets Crowdsource the shit out of this. If we get to $1000 I'll do it!!

That said youre probably right. If we actually went and did this EON would furnish the mods with a cupful of polonium to shut me up once and for all; and probably you as well as an accessory to the heinous crime of fans discussing something they are passionate about without getting permission from EON's lawyers - despite over the years us having more than paid for David G and Gregg's school fees and Babs having her bikini line waxed.

You should do it as a downloadable podcast. I'll produce it, all you have to do is turn up and rip the s*** out of it. Fans can just sync from phone to screen.

That way we could all call in and give our own interpretations, or ask The Wiz some questions.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0
    On Sky Sports they used to do a thing where they would have a fan from each team doing the football commentary. It would be pretty cool to have a fans' commentary on a Bond film.

Yeah cracking idea. Babs anytime you want me to go through DAD for you shot by shot just drop me a line!

@TheWizardOfIce, no lie, I'd pay a solid hundred dollars American for that edition for the entertainment value alone!

I don't know it that's such a good idea. The Wiz is already in the sights of EON's lawyers, and pretty soon things will go all silent on his end, leaving us to wonder if he was silenced permanently or was simply told to take a vacation.

Well now youre talking hard cash Brady you have my attention! Lets Crowdsource the shit out of this. If we get to $1000 I'll do it!!

That said youre probably right. If we actually went and did this EON would furnish the mods with a cupful of polonium to shut me up once and for all; and probably you as well as an accessory to the heinous crime of fans discussing something they are passionate about without getting permission from EON's lawyers - despite over the years us having more than paid for David G and Gregg's school fees and Babs having her bikini line waxed.

You should do it as a downloadable podcast. I'll produce it, all you have to do is turn up and rip the s*** out of it. Fans can just sync from phone to screen.

That way we could all call in and give our own interpretations, or ask The Wiz some questions.

I'm not sure chaps.

I think it's a lot harder to keep a stream of amusing vitriol flowing for 2 hours than it is to type it on here with time for breaks, rewriting stuff etc.

Unlike EON I wouldn't be happy putting a substandard product out there.
  • They might also be waiting to release another, deluxe version, with commentary.
    The problem is, is there enough interest in the general public for a delux edition? We got one with CR, which obviously deserved it. We KNOW there was one planned for QOS, but we never saw it probably because of the film's reception. So will EON think it's worth it to release a Delux Editon? I'm not sure. I love the film so I'm hoping they do
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    The problem is, is there enough interest in the general public for a delux edition? We got one with CR, which obviously deserved it. We KNOW there was one planned for QOS, but we never saw it probably because of the film's reception. So will EON think it's worth it to release a Delux Editon? I'm not sure. I love the film so I'm hoping they do

Well given the phenomenal success of SF hasnt been enough for a special edition don't hold your breath.
    I found this on the internet..I guess these days there are going to be quite a bit of a "review" vids coming out

I've watched my copy only once and frankly can't wait to watch it again. Just can't seem to find the time, dang it. SP is gonna be one of the most re-watchable Bond films ever for me, if not the most. As soon as it was over I wanted to start it again, even though it's a bit long.
  • ordered the steelbook from Amazon .
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ordered the steelbook from Amazon .
    You won't regret it.
  • bondbat007 wrote: »
    If a delux version is released, I will buy it. If an ultimate delux version is released, I will buy it. If a platinum ultimate delux version is released, I will buy it ... ;)
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    SP is gonna be one of the most re-watchable Bond films ever for me, if not the most.
    +1
  • I'm finally picking it up on Blu-Ray tomorrow morning when it gets released here in Sweden.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Picked it up Saturday night this weekend, but alas didn't have time to watch it before I headed back to campus. It'll be the first thing I do when I get back home next weekend.
    Was just in Tesco and they've got posters of Bond everywhere obviously but they've also got a chart of the top 100 DVDs/Blurays.

SP already at number 1 apparently despite it not going on sale until this morning and given that they would have printed that last night at the latest a tad presumptuous (at best) or down right lie?

I wonder if it constitutes false advertising and if I ask to see the manager he might give me a free copy to go away?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Was just in Tesco and they've got posters of Bond everywhere obviously but they've also got a chart of the top 100 DVDs/Blurays.

SP already at number 1 apparently despite it not going on sale until this morning and given that they would have printed that last night at the latest a tad presumptuous (at best) or down right lie?

I wonder if it constitutes false advertising and if I ask to see the manager he might give me a free copy to go away?

Heh, I bet EoN are developing their own project insight program especially just for you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Might be from " pre orders " ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,882
    Are they based on sales, or is it #1 because it's a new release (the biggest new release)?
    Might be from " pre orders " ;)

Hmm perhaps.

But more likely just part of EON's North Korean style propaganda machine that seems hell bent on turning us all into faithful minions trotting out the party line.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
    Amazon delivered mine this morning. Watching it now. :)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    So am I! I am already much more impressed on the second viewing. Definitely a 4 star film now for me. May even squeeze into my top 5, still an hour to go!
    So am I! I am already much more impressed on the second viewing. Definitely a 4 star film now for me. May even squeeze into my top 5, still an hour to go!

Well don't get too excited. If you've got an hour to go it means you're round about the train fight and after that it's downhill all the way.
  • Cb1Va-RW8AEY3VV.jpg steelbook arrived today and it came in enough packaging to fill a skip. Looks great though.
  • AWMAWM
    Just got the DVD in Tesco for £7. Bargain.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Cb1Va-RW8AEY3VV.jpg steelbook arrived today and it came in enough packaging to fill a skip. Looks great though.
    I'm liking the rest of your collection there!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Boy, they sure skimped on the SP extras. Looked for a director commentary at least and did not see one.

"Skimped" is an understatement, for sure. I won't be surprised if they do a re-release of it in six-twelve months with proper special features, just because they know a great deal of fans will double dip to pick it up. Seems to be a staple of home entertainment these days, sadly.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Boy, they sure skimped on the SP extras. Looked for a director commentary at least and did not see one.

"Skimped" is an understatement, for sure. I won't be surprised if they do a re-release of it in six-twelve months with proper special features, just because they know a great deal of fans will double dip to pick it up. Seems to be a staple of home entertainment these days, sadly.

I would. They didn't even have the marketing nous to do a double dip special edition of SF - the most successful Bond ever - so why would they do one for a slightly less successful film?

I would. They didn't even have the marketing nous to do a double dip special edition of SF - the most successful Bond ever - so why would they do one for a slightly less successful film?

Because SF shipped with commentaries with four different people, an hour long documentary on shooting the movie, and scenes from the premiere, whereas SP came with a look at the PTS and that's about it. However, you do have a point, and even if they have enough to warrant making some 'special edition' down the road, I won't be shocked if they don't, given the lack of creativity they've delivered lately.
    More extras were on the DAD dvd [-(

Because SF shipped with commentaries with four different people, an hour long documentary on shooting the movie, and scenes from the premiere, whereas SP came with a look at the PTS and that's about it. However, you do have a point, and even if they have enough to warrant making some 'special edition' down the road, I won't be shocked if they don't, given the lack of creativity they've delivered lately.

I'd be very surprised if we ever get a director's commentary given what a shambles it appears from the leaks the scriptwriting process was.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mendes wishes he had not had his head turned and come back in the first place.
    Who knows what we would've received if he was firm about not returning and we got SP (or whatever it would've been) in 2014- and given the wild success of SF and the lackluster reception that SP had, he may have been much better off doing that.