How many Bond films do you watch a week?

Comments

I will be doing a Bond marathon starting in June leading all the way with Bond 24. Watching them in order
  • I watch a Bond movie by each main actor on his birthday (6 per year), plus a few others if the mood strikes me, and in Bond film years, there's a one-a-week Bondathon leading up to the big release.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I watch the following on a regular, rotating basis:

Tb
    Gf
    LTK
    DAF
    YOLT
    TMWTGG
    LALD
    Sf
    CR
    QoS

I watch one of the Craig films almost every day (call me obsessed). Though "watch" is a loose term. I work from home and like some sort of background noise...the Bond films are perfect for this.
    I tend to watch them all only once a year.I just got the blu ray box set recently and started with DR. No and will watch one once a week ( Yes even the Craig films when i get to them ).
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Didn't really seem necessary to start a thread for this, but if you want to watch one a week at the cinema and you're a fellow Londoner...

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/events/events.php?seasonanchor=007
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    "Arnie Fridays" hahahahahahah!
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Didn't really seem necessary to start a thread for this, but if you want to watch one a week at the cinema and you're a fellow Londoner...

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/events/events.php?seasonanchor=007

They advertise it as every Bond film from Dr. No to Skyfall, but it looks like they're missing one.

Oh well, not like it's a particularly important one anyway. ;)
  • Thanks, I noticed that in the minute print after I posted. Still an amusing omission upon first glance.
  • Christ, I wish I lived in London...
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 654
    I regret to say that it's starting to become less and less. Apart from Spectre which I have seen eight time since the premiere...
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    When I'm doing one of my Bondathons, I could watch up to 3 per week. When they finish, it's much less.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I go through trends, sometimes I watch 1 Bond film per day for a few weeks, then none for a little while, etc.
    When I was a kid I'd probably watch a good 5 a week. But alas adult life and with loads of other films to watch means that i only watch them on occasion now.
    I regret to say that it's starting to become less and less. Apart from Spectre which I have seen eight time since the premiere...

Bloody hell why would you pay to see Spectre EIGHT times at the cinema? Especially knowing its out on blu in only three months or so? Think of all the money youd save! Think of all the boredom you could avoid by NOT watching Spectre?

• RC7RC7
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Bloody hell why would you pay to see Spectre EIGHT times at the cinema? Especially knowing its out on blu in only three months or so? Think of all the money youd save! Think of all the boredom you could avoid by NOT watching Spectre?

I spent £300 watching SP at the cinema and it was worth every penny for me. Horses for courses, innit.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    AstonLotus wrote: »

I spent £300 watching SP at the cinema and it was worth every penny for me. Horses for courses, innit.

Exactly my opinion!
  • RC7RC7
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Some of us have money, some don't.

The point was more that if you love something enough money goes out of the window, you'll find a way. If you don't, you feel every penny. Whether it's $3 or $300.
  • augie7107augie7107 Boston
    I go through phases as well. Never more than a month without watching one. I agree with some others that I wish I was in London as well. Being able to see them at the theater is a treat. I have been to every Bond movie since my first in 1977, TSWLM. I was fortunate enough to see this one again at a retro cinema chain in San Antonio TX a few years ago but all of the others were during release.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,296
    I watch one every night before bed but someitmes I nod off ususally I do halfway through so during the winter months I start all the films halfway through so I never miss a second of pure Bond pleasure as I cram toblerone in my throat and listen to deep house EDM tropical house with the film on mute.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Depends. Certain Bond films I don't watch very often at all, others I find myself constantly coming back to. On average, maybe 3-4 Bond films a week?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,786
    Very little these days sadly but as a younger Bond fan with more free time I probably did watch a few each week!
    How do people have the time to watch 3-5 Bond films a week?
    I don't watch them very often anymore. Maybe one every other month. I did take in a couple of Craig's films around the time that Spectre was released, but none since. Probably won't watch any until I pick up Spectre on Blu-ray.
    If I'm doing a Bondathon usually I can watch 3-4 at week. When I first became a Bond super fan I would watch as much Bond as I can. As I got older I started watching them less and less. For the last few years I would only watch all films in the summer and have a summer Bond movie marathon but this past year I found it to be more of a chore then a fun thing to do. So from now on I'm just gonna watch them whenever I feel the urge too. Right now I have no urge to watch any of them anytime soon.

I watch one every once in a while.Sometimes id watch 2 in a month.Sometimes 1 a month.I could never watch multiple ones a week.I actually do have a life.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm an inconsistent binger. I can go months without, then 5 in a week. I just watched SPECTRE 2 times in 2 consecutive days...
    Not very many over the last couple of years due to my collection being in storage! :((
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Interesting thread.

I have never watched as many Bond movies as in the last 12 months.

In fact I watched 73 Bond movies since March 2015, which means more than one a week.

That's a record for me. Before I watched the whole bunch always chronologically about every other year. Except the newer ones which I watched every now and then.

Getting older, I'm not so keen on new content anymore as I have been.
    Meaning, out of 4 movies I watch, three are back-catalogue and one is new, mostly in cinema.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    This week I've watched LALD ( twice) TMWTGG, and Spectre ( three times ) :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Birdleson wrote: »
    After going on a 3 month hiatus, I have been averaging about 8 a week over the past two months.

That's positively shocking!

:D

Now I know why you know EVERYTHING about the Bond movies.

Do you second screen during Bond viewings and do you always watch them on tv or on a tablet or computer?