No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I saw it twice in IMAX at the Chinese.

That's pretty impressive.

The Bamboo Garden down our way just has a little 20 inch showing Eastenders and X Factor.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I waited three years, so I don't think a few more weeks will kill me. Never been much of a digital guy when it comes to films.

Quite. I can't understand this desperation to watch a film we've all watched multiple times only a few weeks ago that you'd sit there watching it on your phone. A new Bond should be an event on the biggest screen you've got and with the sound cranked up.

I agree, can't wait to watch Spectre thru my projector, 104" screen and full 5.1 hifi :)

Jealous. I have a measly 53" TV.
  • RC7RC7

The Bamboo Garden down our way just has a little 20 inch showing Eastenders and X Factor.

I just spat beer over a work colleague.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's not the size of your screen, it's what you do with it. :D
    I waited three years, so I don't think a few more weeks will kill me. Never been much of a digital guy when it comes to films.

Quite. I can't understand this desperation to watch a film we've all watched multiple times only a few weeks ago that you'd sit there watching it on your phone. A new Bond should be an event on the biggest screen you've got and with the sound cranked up.

Since when is digital only viewable on a tiny smartphone screen? I can easily watch it on a 24" lcd pc monitor or my 40" lcd tv. I prefer the bluray, but I was just saying it would be nice to get the digital code early if they are going to release it earlier than the bluray.
  • Yeah, I have the MGO films on both iPhone and iPad as well as Samsung SUHD. The 4K Blu Ray Player will likely be out in less than a month, my current Blu Ray player upconverts to 4K in the meantime. I have Kingsman, Exodus, Wild, The Martian, and Die Hard in 4K Vividity on the Western Digital Drive. I'll probably buy November Man it looks really great in 4K. Spectre is the only non 4K title I have from MGO, it's not available in 4K, just HD. The Vividity films take a day or two to download and are around 60 to 90 GB depending. Compared with the upconverted 4K The Counselor, which is one of the UHD titles in the Samsung UHD pack, but it's only 34 GB, for example. There's no way even one of those films would be practical for iPhone or iPad currently, so they're standard HD streaming. I don't know why November Man in 4K and Spectre in HD are not downloads, even with the Western Digital pack, unlike the Vividity titles, but that's how they are.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,554
    I am late to the party and surprised to find SP available for purchase already through iTunes in HD... I am watching it right now!!!!!!!
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I agree, can't wait to watch Spectre thru my projector, 104" screen and full 5.1 hifi :)

Jealous. I have a measly 53" TV.

Yes, it feels like a long time ago back in the day when I would watch my Bond movies on a 14" 4:3 TV! I've just been watching the M:I films on my 104" screen and it's great - with Blu Ray it's so theatrical and film-like, you get all the film grain and with the 5.1 too - superb!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    One of the lads that works for me was given a new 32inch tv this Christmas he is somewhat pleased with it when were talking over a cuppa the other day he asked about my telly and was interested to hear that my Sony is a 48 inch model I didn't have the heart to tell him that's front to back !.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Ed83 wrote: »

Since when is digital only viewable on a tiny smartphone screen? I can easily watch it on a 24" lcd pc monitor or my 40" lcd tv. I prefer the bluray, but I was just saying it would be nice to get the digital code early if they are going to release it earlier than the bluray.

I was actually responding to this post:
    JET007 wrote: »
    Couldn't wait any longer. Bought the digital copy from itunes. Presumably the blu will have ultraviolet and I'll use that with Vudu. Looks pretty stunning on my iPhone6s! Can't wait to watch it on my tele at home in a few weeks! As much as I'd like another steelbook, I'll probably cast my lot with the Target edition.

It's not all about you Ed!

RC7 wrote: »

I just spat beer over a work colleague.

Well if you will order Fosters old man.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I will get the SPECTRE Blu Ray for my birthday. 3 days late, but a good present! :x
    @TheWizardOfIce Gotcha! I guess I could watch movies on my 10 inch tablet, but I certainly couldn't really enjoy them on a screen that was smaller than that. But in a pinch it could help one get a Bond fix.
    I have them all on a little Samsung tablet ( along with the books ) on kindle
    and audio book. It's helped me pass the time on long shopping trips with
    the wife, or waiting in reception rooms, or waiting to pick up my daughter after
    a night out, walking the dog ..... The list is endless. :)
    @Thunderpussy Would be really nice to have on the plane. I have all of the books in digital format as well. You can couple it with some nice text-to-speech software and have an awesome experience.
    Mine was nothing as advanced @Ed83 I bought all the Bonds on audio CD
    Then ripped them to the laptop, and transferred to my tablet. I don't know why
    but I don't seem to have the time to read as much as I used to, but the audio
    books can be listened to everywhere.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Mine was nothing as advanced @Ed83 I bought all the Bonds on audio CD
    Then ripped them to the laptop, and transferred to my tablet. I don't know why
    but I don't seem to have the time to read as much as I used to, but the audio
    books can be listened to everywhere.

Edit
  • I saw it twice in IMAX at the Chinese. Watching it on Samsung SUHD from MGO as an HD download is not all that different.

Ha, I saw it there too on opening night! It looked great. And it was disappointing when I saw it for the second time at a multiplex a couple of weeks later, it looked...murky.
    SP sounds pretty amazing on a 7.1 setup. The low bass in several scenes really rocked my house!
    Here's the single disc BestBuy Exclusive steelbook. It has no embossed/debossed title fonts, but it is partially matted and partially glossy:

Otk8ZaX.jpg

Agreed, and I watched both Spectre and Skyfall in IMAX for my first viewings: the digital is for watching whilst I'm on the elliptical to pass the time and provide motivation!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm going to wait with this and wait till it drops in price, I'm not that fussed about seeing it yet, I really wasn't that impressed with it.

Just blind bought Scicario and Macbeth, figure this is a much better use of my money.
    I usually buy Bond day one and can't wait but SPECTRE can wait, that has to say something about my feelings on this film.

Where as Star Wars TFA which I only saw once at the cinema will be day one, it's not like the extras for SPECTRE are enticing me to buy it anyway, not even a commentary.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Shardlake, do let me know what you think of 'Sicario.' It's one of my favorites of 2015, got my blu-ray copy on the way in the mail, can't wait to see it again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 The bluray of 'Sicario' comes out next week here, and I am definately going to be picking it up the very morning it hits the stores.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Shardlake, do let me know what you think of 'Sicario.' It's one of my favorites of 2015, got my blu-ray copy on the way in the mail, can't wait to see it again.

@Creasy47

I will indeed let you know, I would have caught this on the big screen if I'd had the time but was definitely sure I'd just buy rather than wait for a rental. I'm really looking forward to it, Deakins as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, I've seen 'Sicario' twice now but still haven't watched my blu-ray copy yet. Can't wait.

@Shardlake, Deakins' work on it is, as usual, phenomenal. Pay attention to the score in the movie, too, it's incredibly well done and really fits the atmosphere of what's going on around the characters.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Great week for Bond. SP out and Vargr #4 hopefully
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Thanks to this thread I am a little poorer :) I've pre ordered the Kimchi Blu Ray!
  • Let's unbox the "SPECTRE" steelbook, and then we discover that it's actually one of the nicest designed steelbooks from the Bond series! It's simply, stylish, andddd it has some embossed/debossed effects (which previously only the "GoldenEye" and "Goldfinger" steelbook had). As you can see, the bullet hole is embossed:

I got the Target Bluray with Bonus DVD today. Here's a couple of photos.
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/BGt9G"><a href="//imgur.com/a/BGt9G">Spectre Bluray (Target Edition)</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>