Top 3 Favourite Scenes of a Bond Movie: Final Results

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    AceHole wrote: »
    I love Bond arriving at the hotel in Cortina - the music, setting, way 007 checks into his abode and then the 'steam message' on the mirror: it's beautifully old fashioned, reminiscent of FRWL...

Great pick. I love that part as well.
    2-Bond and Melina's carriage ride

Man i totally forgot abot that one. That is one my favourite scenes of the entire franchise. Can't believe you are the first putting it in yours. I'll have to edit my list.
  • This was surprisingly tough to pick. FYEO is an above average movie, but it has a bunch of great scenes.

1. Bond kicks Locque off a cliff.
    2. Bond visits Tracy's grave
    3. Rock climbing sequence

Honorable mention: Countess Lisl's death, Bond meets Columbo
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 1,631
    Hard to come up with just three moments in this fantastic film, but my choices would be:

1. Bond kicks Locque off the cliff.
    2. Bond scales the Meteora
    3. The keelhauling sequence
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    1. Bond kicking Locque's car off the cliff. Easily Moore's coldest moment and best kill, and it was also shot very well too. By far the best moment in the movie.
    2. The ski chase. I know it's cheesy and almost outrageous, but the stuntwork is so amazing that I don't even care about that. The tense build-up with Locque and the others following Bond up to the ski lift added so much to the scene as well.
    3. The keelhauling sequence. Another tense scene not ruined by Moore's traditional comedic take on things.

Honorable mentions to the OHMSS reference at the beginning (it's not on the list because it's marred by the Blofeld comedy that happens after), and the Lotus exploding, which was just unexpectedly funny.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    The tense build-up with Locque and the others following Bond up to the ski lift added so much to the scene as well.

That was truly a great moment.
  • I agree with everyone here saying that it's truly a memorable entry. Even when it slows down it's well paced. Only gripe I have is the hockey scene not needed and bothers me every time. I feel it also embodies the 80s a bit, and doesn't age particularly well. Great movie nonetheless.

1. Bond kicks Locque's car.(fight at the docks incl.)
    2. Ski chase. (LOVE THE MUSIC)
    3. Rock climbing

Honorable mentions: Car chase (Go backwards forwards quickly!)...and main titles.
    No one has mentioned it, but apart from the excellent keel hauling scene (planned for LALD from the novel, but no one knew how to film it!) I have to declare all the underwater scenes as well filmed, particularly when Bond and Melina retrieve the ATAC, and are attacked by the villain in the JIM diving suit, Glen handles the tension well here, and even though its hard to make underwater sequences exciting (Hello TND!), Glen and his team do sterling work here.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Hmm not a huge fan of FYEO, but here goes

1. Warehouse raid/Loques Death
    2. Identograph scene with Q
    3. Bond and Melina try to recover the ATAC
    1. Keel-hauling scene
    2. Bond kicking Loque off
    3. Bond and Melina's carriage ride

Honourable mentions - Warehouse raid, scene with Bond and Milena about digging two graves, ski chase, rock climbing, Bond and Columbo on his boat, visiting Tracy's grave

So many good moments in this film - my favourite of the Moore Bonds.
  • 1. Bond killing Locque
    2. Keel-hauling scene
    3. "That's detente Comrade"

Number one is self-explanatory. Number two, well I needed to include one scene featuring my namesake. :). And it's a really brutal but well done scene anyway. I am surprised that no one has mentioned my number three pick yet. Great confrontation between Bond and Gogol, especially when Bond flings the ATAC off of Meteora. Added points for Gogol's facial expression while watching the ATAC fall while maybe still thinking it will land without breaking apart! :)

Honorable mentions to Bond meeting Columbo for the first time (very close to being my number 3 pick), the car chase, the ski chase, the mountain climb, the fight in the monastery, and the carriage ride.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    1.) Scene with Columbo and Bond meeting for the first time. Great dialogue, Topol has great screen presence and Bond has some cold quips in return before deciding to trust him.

2.) Bond disarming the morotbike henchmen and throwing the flowers he just ordered on them. Balances the serious action with the light humor perfectly here.

3.) Q lab before the identigraph. How's the arm Smithers? and the Nobody Does It Better theme on the keypad. Great stuff!
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 3,336

I love Gogols handmotions after the ATAC is broken.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    1. Locque´s death
    2. Bond meeting Columbo for the first time
    3. Ski chase
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited February 2016 Posts: 6,785
    I'm not too fond of FYEO. But I'll give it a shot:

1. Tracy's grave, but not what follows
    2. the scenes with Cassandra Harris
    3. Columbo's introduction
    1. Bond climbing the rock toward the monastery
    2. Escape from Gonzales' resort
    3. The beach scenes chased by Locque in the dunebuggy
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Glen started on a high. He never bettered himself after this.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    1. Bond climbing the rock toward the monastery
    2. Escape from Gonzales' resort
    3. The beach scenes chased by Locque in the dunebuggy

By this do you mean the car chase?
    Glen started on a high. He never bettered himself after this.

Agree. Although i really like the Daltons aswell.
  • 3. "That's detente Comrade"

I agree. That's classic too!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883

I agree. That's classic too!
    I've always been curious about that hand gesture he gives before leaving, and which Bond reciprocates. Is that some kind of Russian greeting or something? Or is he just sort of saying "that's the way it goes" with his hand.
    A record 32 voters so far! Anyone out there who hasn't and wishes to vote :D ?
    For Your Eyes Only, 32 voters

1 = Death of Loque = 49 Points
    2 = Ski chase = 24 Points
    2 = Keel hauling = 24 Points
    3 = PTS (mostly because of Tracy's grave) = 22 Points
    Octopussy is up next. Lets hope that as many people as on FYEO will vote. :)

I will let someone else go first.
    1. PTS
    2. Mishka and Grishka tracking 009
    3. Bond in Alfa Romeo/diffusing the bomb at the airbase.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Octopussy

1. Sotheby's (one of the best scenes in a Bond film imho, although it's borrowed from North By Northwestl).
    2. Bond racing to the Circuis and the bomb chase defusal (one of Moore's best scenes)
    3. The whole train sequence & fights including killing of Mishka (or was that Grishka?)

Honourable mentions to a) Mishka/Grishka post-titles killing of 009 (including Barry's superb score), b) pretitles (great special effects and Moore is in fine form, setting the tone for the rest of the film), c) the backgammon confrontation, and d) the dinner with Sheep's eye delicacy
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    1. The backgammon scene. I've said "double sixes, fancy that." many many times.
    2. "You have a nasty habit...of surviving, Mr Bond." “Well you know what they say about the fittest."
    3. Train fight.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    1. Sotheby's
    2. Train fight
    3. Backgammon
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1. Sir Rog at the Auction
    2. Q scene
    3. Sir Rog confrontation with General Orlov
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    @bondjames - I remember an auction scene in NbN, but did Cary actually bid in order to smoke the opponents out, or was that just a convenient place to hide? Anyways, it's not the first time that the Bond films have borrowed from NbN.

Octopussy

1. Bond and Orlov's train confrontation
    2. Bond and the bomb
    3. Hunting of 009

Hon Mentiones -

Bond on discovering Vijay's mutialated body
    The PTS
    The Nene Valley railway escapades - have to mention this because of Martin Grace.