The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    mepal1 wrote: »
    It isn't Valentin Zukovsky.

I hope there is a sensible answer to this question @Creasy, otherwise "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you". :))

"Good luck."

Here it all is again, with a new clue:

- "Some of my passions include fast cars, killing, and being killed. Who am I?"
    - It's a "good" character, not a henchman or villain.
    - Think outside of the box.
    - The quote clue spans over a few films, not just one.

Does this mean just Bond films, or Bond and other films?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,578
    Solely Bond films. Another hint: this character has been directly or indirectly involved with three separate James Bond actors.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    009?
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    009?

That's what I was looking for! 009 loves fast cars (the Aston Martin prototype in SP is meant for him), killing (his mission is to kill Renard, which, in a way, he accomplishes in TWINE), and being killed (he's killed in the PTS of OP.) Very well done, over to you.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    009?

That's what I was looking for! 009 loves fast cars (the Aston Martin prototype in SP is meant for him), killing (his mission is to kill Renard, which, in a way, he accomplishes in TWINE), and being killed (he's killed in the PTS of OP.) Very well done, over to you.

Yep, that was a good question @Creasy, i had forgotten about the other 00 agents.

Thank you! About time I stumped someone, been a while since I've hosted a game for longer than five minutes.
    I set 009 from OP as a 'guess the character' no more than three months ago, which helped :-)

Next question...

We've all heard John Barry's music, but in which Bond film can we see something that once belonged to him?
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Skyfall - M's home at 82 Cadogan Square, Knightsbridge- it belonged to John Barry
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Skyfall - M's home at 82 Cadogan Square, Knightsbridge- it belonged to John Barry

Indeed. Didn't think that would last long. Over to you.
    Okay, I'm looking for a connection between Diamonds Are Forever and The World is Not Enough. Clue: Something that Bond sometimes uses, but in these films is seen in some form or other, but not actually used by Bond - at any rate we don't see him use it on screen. So what is it?
    Hovercraft?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Toilet paper?
    No and No, but Hovercraft is somewhat warmer than toilet paper.
    Another clue, there can be different models of it, and different models appear in both these films.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    A card table?
    No not a card table. It is a case of product placement, this object, this thing is made by a particular company and they make different models - I'm looking for both the name of the manufacturer and the thing that they produce of what Bond is not seen to be using in these two films. Bond does use this thing in these films but that thing is made by a different company(ies) to the one for which he does not use this object in DAF and TWINE.
    Walther PPK? I have no clue about guns so that's a wild guess.
    Hydrofoil?
    No not a Walther PPK, there is no PPK seen in TWINE or a hydrofoil. Roger Moore is the only Bond actor to not have one in any of his films, never mind be seen using one.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    No not a Walther PPK, there is no PPK seen in TWINE or a hydrofoil. Roger Moore is the only Bond actor to not have one in any of his films, never mind be seen using one.

Wasn't the boat Bond shoots around the Thames in TWINE a mini jet hydrofoil?

Sorry I meant that there is no PPK and that it isn't the hydrofoil, besides which Bond is seen on screen using that.
    I'm guessing it's a vehicle or a gun of some type. Hmm.
  • RC7RC7
    Isn't this the Aston. Sat in the back of shot in DAF (behind Q) and only driven in deleted scenes in TWINE.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Isn't this the Aston. Sat in the back of shot in DAF (behind Q) and only driven in deleted scenes in TWINE.

Learn something new every day. Did a quick Google search, is he supposed to drive it during Sir Robert's funeral? That's what this image looks like it's from, wonder why it was cut.

Also realized (for the first time today) that Anthony Dawson (Professor Dent) is the only person to play Blofeld more than once, in both FRWL and TB.

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Learn something new every day. Did a quick Google search, is he supposed to drive it during Sir Robert's funeral? That's what this image looks like it's from, wonder why it was cut.

Also realized (for the first time today) that Anthony Dawson (Professor Dent) is the only person to play Blofeld more than once, in both FRWL and TB.

Yeah, there's a deleted scene with him driving it. But in the film it's just parked up.
    I don't think I ever caught that scene somehow, perhaps I did a long while ago and don't remember it. The only deleted scene I recall from TWINE is the shot of Renard in the apartment, after he snipes the guy that's about to kill Bond during the PTS.
    Well done @RC7 you are absolutely right. It's Aston Martin cars. The one in Q's workshop in DAF and parked up and seen through R's thermal imaging satellite image in TWINE. and yes there was a deleted scene of him driving it to King's funeral. Over to you.
    What is the prize for getting a correct answer to a question here on this thread? :)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Another beer
    mepal1 wrote: »
    What is the prize for getting a correct answer to a question here on this thread? :)

The winner electronically sends me $50 via PayPal. Just let me know if you need my e-mail address!