No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @marketto007, could you give us all the final judgement concerning whether or not commentaries of any form are on the Blu-ray? I keep trying to tell myself this has all been a dream and we're getting a stellar release, but I need a shot of reality.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Not that I know Brad, sorry. :/
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    @marketto007, could you give us all the final judgement concerning whether or not commentaries of any form are on the Blu-ray? I keep trying to tell myself this has all been a dream and we're getting a stellar release, but I need a shot of reality.

I'm still waiting to wake up from the shitty 50th box set mate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That's a nightmare you'll never wake up from, sadly.

What did you hate about it?
  • Might be stupid question, but does anyone know when it will be released in Sweden?
    Might be stupid question, but does anyone know when it will be released in Sweden?

It'll be released thirteen days after the U.S. release, on February 22nd.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spectre-Blu-ray/140152/
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Might be stupid question, but does anyone know when it will be released in Sweden?

It'll be released thirteen days after the U.S. release, on February 22nd.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spectre-Blu-ray/140152/

Ah! Thank you so much!
    @fromswedenwithlove, you're very welcome! Happy to help.
    dragonsky wrote: »

Maybe the fact that they just repackaged the same ultimate editions with no new extras.

Or was it that they just gave us a straight copy and paste of QOS with menus that didn't match the rest?

Or maybe it was just the embarrassment of the extras disc which merely offered all the title sequences back to back and a few vlogs that had already been released.

I am asking too much for EON to make even a modicum of effort given it is the 50th annif**kingversary?
    dragonsky wrote: »

Maybe the fact that they just repackaged the same ultimate editions with no new extras.

Or was it that they just gave us a straight copy and paste of QOS with menus that didn't match the rest?

Or maybe it was just the embarrassment of the extras disc which merely offered all the title sequences back to back and a few vlogs that had already been released.

I am asking too much for EON to make even a modicum of effort given it is the 50th annif**kingversary?

Yes, it does appear that they decided to spend the absolute least amount possible, with the least amount of effort possible, and hope to cash in on the 50th Anniversary hype alone. I hated the fact they didn't have the discs in actual cases. That whole book disc holder idea is not conducive to good storage if you watch the films even somewhat often. I won't be going back for any more sets or special editions until everything moves over to 4k, only then if it's within the realm of reason on price.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Anyone download it yet?
    i dont dowload films I buy the offical copy :D which I will get for easter more then likely
    @Risico007 I think he's referring to the legal digital copies for sale.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ed83 wrote: »
    @Risico007 I think he's referring to the legal digital copies for sale.
    Indeed I was.
    oh no I know Ed was just saying I could never legally download a film there is somthing special about having the box
    I like to have both. I get more use out of the disc though.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    I like to have both. I get more use out of the disc though.
    Agreed. Nothing like having the physical copy.
    Thinking about it...I believe I would have loved this film better if I never spoiled myself with theories and leaks. Maybe that's why I love Skyfall so much. I hope after rewarding it on my TV will satisfy things.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i dont dowload films I buy the offical copy :D which I will get for easter more then likely

I do this:
    A) I first download the film
    B) I buy the 2-disc German steelbook of "SPECTRE", and
    C) I buy another 500 copies lim.ed steelbook from "SPECTRE" at BluFans

and...

D) I'm always poor at the end of the month.

So...

C) One download doesn't hurt!

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited January 2016 Posts: 3,675
    Risico007 wrote: »

I do this:
    A) I first download the film
    B) I buy the 2-disc German steelbook of "SPECTRE", and
    C) I buy another 500 copies lim.ed steelbook from "SPECTRE" at BluFans

and...

D) I'm always poor at the end of the month.

So...

C) One download doesn't hurt!

:))
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada

I couldn't agree more. It feels as if the instant that people/critics are not enamoured with a film, then the studio goes cheap with the supplements, as with QOS. Oddly, DAD had not one but 2 stellar home video releases, so perhaps that throws my theory into the garbage bin.

I think they should do the opposite. Get people who are on the fence with respect to the movie to buy the blu-ray by filling it to the brim with great documentaries and commentaries, but that's just me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @eddychaput, I think there's definitely a connection between badly reviewed movies and lackluster releases, QoS being a very recent example. That being said, the phenomenon that was SF didn't get that mind-blowing a release either, despite it's big appeal both critically and financially, so what the hell do I know? Of course, at least that movie got a commentary track or two.

So, it could more be about the increasingly frequent laziness of those behind the disc releases and not much else.
  • RC7RC7
    SP isn't a badly reviewed movie. There's no correlation IMO. If it had banked $2bn you'd still be getting pretty much the same old, same old. They can't just conjure a bunch of decent docs.
    RC7 wrote: »
    SP isn't a badly reviewed movie. There's no correlation IMO. If it had banked $2bn you'd still be getting pretty much the same old, same old. They can't just conjure a bunch of decent docs.

Indeed.

QOS - Reasonably successful = piss poor DVD release.
    SF - Phenomenally successful = piss poor DVD release.
    SP - Pretty successful = piss poor DVD release.

This is basically the way of things these days. Irrelevant of the box office it's more important just to hurry out a bog average release onto DVD while it's still in cinemas than make any effort to give us anything impressive.

• eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »

Keep in mind I counter-argued myself in my own post with the DAD example!

:))
  • Any news when we can expect some 1080p screencaps? I would love to see Blofeld's scar in detail and just have the chance to admire Hoyte's cinematography.

I did find these. But they're not really the best shots to showcase the film's brilliant style

sp_bd01.jpg?w=1920
    sp-bd02.jpg?w=1920
    http://www.thebondbulletin.com/spectre-blu-ray-review
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    never downloaded a movie- but Amazon is delivering SP on the 9th they say, so I'll be watching it that night.
    I got it, and wow I really didnt appreciate hoyte's work in this film in the theatre as much as I do now
  • RC7RC7
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I got it, and wow I really didnt appreciate hoyte's work in this film in the theatre as much as I do now

It's a really distinctive looking Bond film. The photography is pure class IMO.