The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Legend Of Zorro on Blu Ray... we are into fencing... :))
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,874
    Eureka/The Masters of Cinema, The Thief of Bagdad 1924, Douglas Fairbanks stars and Raoul Walsh directs.
    http://twitchfilm.com/assets/2014/09/Thief of Bagdad packshot.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Night Stalker/Night strangler on DVD, & Legend Of Zorro on Blu Ray.
  • Die Hard
    The Incredibles
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Everest
    Solace (not Quantum Of...)
    Love & Mercy
    The Deep Blue Sea
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (2015)
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.
    Funny, I just got them on BD recently too. Can't heap enough praise on The International- so well written.
    Why do you call BluRay as BD?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    dragonsky wrote: »
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.
    Funny, I just got them on BD recently too. Can't heap enough praise on The International- so well written.

Because that is the short-hand for it Blu-ray Disc, look at the logo it's a b and a D.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.

Because that is the short-hand for it Blu-ray Disc, look at the logo it's a b and a D.

ha! idk how come i never realized this...I always used BR as a short for BluRay :D
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 7,653
    Bluray
    La Grande Belleza
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Batman the Animated Series: Season 1 :D
    My greatest guilty pleasure: CR'67 in bluray. To be fair, I bought the cheapest copy I've been able to find in Amazon (a French one, with only French and English audio and subtitles) from a vendor with a 100% qualification over 2900 votes.

Murdock wrote: »

One of my favorite shows. Joker's Favor and Heart of Ice, my favorites, are on that first season. I own the first 3 seasons; didn't care much for the redesign episodes in Season 4.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

One of my favorite shows. Joker's Favor and Heart of Ice, my favorites, are on that first season. I own the first 3 seasons; didn't care much for the redesign episodes in Season 4.

I plan on hunting down the whole series at one point and I do agree with you about the designs. Though I did like Scarecrow's redesign but the redesign I disliked the most was Bruce Wayne's In the original 3 seasons he had a very Fleming/Connery Bond style look but season 4 onward he became generic looking. Shame really. But I can't wait to get my Art Deco, Cartoon Noir love on. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited January 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Southpaw.

Jake Gyllenhaal was superb on this.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Horrible Bosses 2 and Silver Linings Play book
  • Terminator Box 1 - 4
    Terminator: Genisys
    Predator
    Robocop
    Star Wars Episode 1 - 3
    Star Wars Episode 4 - 6
    Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation

All on Blu-ray
    I started collecting O Miyazaki Sama's movies. Started this week with Nausicaa and Laputa.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    To prepare for 'Inferno' coming in October:

Da Vinci Code
    Angels & Demons

Both on Blu Ray. I love both these films and can't wait for the 3rd one.
    BD
    Braquo season 1& 2
    Blackhat
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SaintMark, I've been wanting 'Blackhat' on blu-ray for a while now, just been waiting for a good price on it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SaintMark, I've been wanting 'Blackhat' on blu-ray for a while now, just been waiting for a good price on it.

2nd hand BD, for a reasonable price, and it is one of the Michael Mann movies I really wanted to see and yet missed in cinema.

@SaintMark, I hope you enjoy it! Critics hated it, but to me, it just felt like another classic Mann entry, didn't have a problem with it at all. When there's action, it delivers, the intensity is there in both the dramatic scenes and the dialogue, and as usual, Mann's wonderful editing and camera work shines.

On my end of movie purchasing, my SP steelbook blu-ray is completely paid off and ready to ship for same day delivery, and I found someone selling 'Where Eagles Dare' on blu-ray for really cheap, with this custom cover that I thought looked classic:

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=99312

Had to buy it.
    That one is great, "Where Eagles dare" is one of my favorite WWII movies together with "Guns of Navarone". I would have bought it as well.

As for critics in time they tend to rethink their opinions way too often. I just saw "The Searchers" and that one was greatly overlooked by critics and is now considered one of the great Westerns with so many themes being dealt with by it director John Ford. Even Kurosawa was a fan of Fords work.

For me Michael Mann is a very special visualist and I understood that the hacking as used in the movie is closer to the truth than any movie before has shown it.
    I just couldn't believe what a sprawling, action-packed epic it was for it's time, it's so well done and thrilling.

Speaking of Mann, his next film will be the Enzo Ferrari biopic, which was going to star Christian Bale, but due to health concerns over him having to gain so much weight in time for the spring shoot, he had to drop out, so Mann should be hiring someone else pretty soon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,692
    @Creasy47 I'm happy to hear some love for 'Blackhat'. One of my favorites of 2015.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 1,009
    Just bought the 40th Anniversary Edition of The Wicker Man on Zavvi. We got the Cage version (it came bundled in a newspaper), so it was interesting to have the good one. 3 discs for about 6 £ seemed a nice purchase.
    G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra
    G.I. Joe: Retaliation

I don't know why, but I just enjoy these sort of films, like the 'Transformers' films and 'Battleship' (yeah, that one was pretty bad, but aliens + battleships + (a little bit of) Liam Neeson? I couldn't refuse). 'Die Hard 5' is another, only if I forget the fact it's a 'Die Hard' film, and just focus on Bruce Willis wrecking havoc everywhere he goes for 90 minutes.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Interstellar on BR
  • The Losers on BR . only seen the trailer but it looks pretty funny.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have to travel some distance to get hold of movies in the physical format now. Everyone is streaming, those bastards! So the last shop in my town is now closed.

Some food chains will sell the biggest blockbusters and some kid stuff, but that is it. Others who have this problem?