Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

David Bowie... Dead? :( He was in everybody's mouth, we were celebrating his 69th birthday, I was listening a record of his...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, I didn t see that coming. RIP, Dave. Thanks for all the great music.
    RIP David Bowie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Shark_0f_Largo, my sincerest condolences, friend.

R.I.P. Bowie. Wonderful musician, underrated actor. :(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Thank you @DarthDimi, very much appreciated.

Just seen the news regarding David Bowie. RIP
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Utterly gutted after learning of the passing of David Bowie. Loved his music, and he was a very good actor as well.
    RIP
  • RC7RC7
    Dance the magic dance, Dave.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    edited January 2016 Posts: 45
    Damn David Bowie's dead, barely two weeks after my uncle's death. Sad way to begin the year. Rest in peace to both of them.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Good bye to The Thin White Duke RIP David .
    David Bowie? I'm in total shock right now. I don't know what else to say.
    After a struggle of 18 months against cancer, Bowie released a new cd on his birthday and then passed away.
    The world has lost Rock 'n roll royalty.

May he rest in peace and be forever remembered.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    SaintMark wrote: »
    After a struggle of 18 months against cancer, Bowie released a new cd on his birthday and then passed away.
    The world has lost Rock 'n roll royalty.

May he rest in peace and be forever remembered.

I've heard the new album is brilliant so at least he went out on a high and left us with something special.
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    RIP David Bowie
    There's a Starman in the sky....... :( . His name is Bowie, David Bowie. Enjoy your trip Mr Bowie. And take a good rest. R.I.P.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Of all the many tributes I've already seen, this piece from satirical site NewsThump is possibly the most touching:

http://newsthump.com/2016/01/11/david-bowie-returns-home/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Shocked to read of the sad news about the death of
    David Bowie.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP David Bowie. So sudden.

Great singer, great actor.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Tesla+balcony.JPG
    David Bowie in The Prestige (2006)

RIP..
    A true legend. He'll be missed :

Is there life on Mars ? Me I wonder if there's life on Earth.

Three men have died in France recently, but unlike Bowie, they had passed the big 9-0. The first was Pierre Boulez, french composer and conductor (1925-2016). The second was André Turcat, who was the test pilot of the Concorde (and thus the first to have flown that beautiful plane) (1921-2016). And last but not least, André Courrèges (1923-2016), star of fashion designers, and one of the creators of the mini-skirt, for which all red-blooded men will be forever grateful.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, pretty devastated about David Bowie. Haven't teared up this much since Robin Williams. RIP to incredible human beings. They're playing an endless tribute on the radio, helping to turn the grieving into a celebration of life and music. May have to watch Labyrinth and The Prestige this weekend, I reckon.

This brought a smile back to my face:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3392912/Cincinnati-Zoo-names-baby-penguin-Bowie-singer.html
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RIP David Bowie. Would he ever make a Bond theme song? We will never know.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Shocked and a little bereft to hear of the passing of the inimitable David Bowie. I just got to work at about 07.15, when my mum text that Bowie had died.

At first I thought she misunderstood, as Bowie starred recently in a music video called Lazarus. But no.

It seems strange that I am grieving for a person that I never knew. Greg and now Bowie, gone in the same month.

You are one my heroes David.
    Also RIP Sian Blake and her children. That's a pretty horrible way to go. What a tragedy !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP, Mr. Bowie. You were a legend, talented in so very many aspects of life and usages of the word, and you always taught the world to appreciate you for you, not how others may perceive you or want you to be. The world has lost a terrific human being.
    I feel a bit unsettled.
    Just two days ago I found out not only Bowie has a new album out, but it´s really good too!
    Ande then today I read he´s passed away.

R.I.P. one of the greatest musicians on the planet, and a darn good actor too!
    So long David. Man what a talent.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    That Heroes is a cracker of a song.

I'm not nor never have been a die hard Bowie fan, but I've always loved this:

Shocked and deeply saddened to hear about Bowie's passing. I personally remember him for his performances in Labyrinth and The Prestige. He has left behind an amazing legacy.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    A sad time for Pierce Brosnan it seems.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/beau-st-clair-dead-pierce-brosnan-producing-partner-1201676897/

Cancer seems to follow him around :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Three important women in Pierce's life, including his wife and daughter and now Ms. St. Clair, all struck down by ovarian cancer. What a world...

My thoughts are with Beau's friends and family in what is a most distressing start to 2016.