Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The 2016 In Memoriam video for the Oscars next year is going to need its own show to go over everyone who has passed if it continues at this rate.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    They might even include Rickman and Bowie in this year's Memoriam section. They did so with the man John Barry in 2011.
    Or, they'll manage to screw up like they do every year and omit a really big, world-renown name.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Maybe yes. Maybe no.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,490
    Another one sadly lost to cancer: Bergerac creator and Doctor Who writer Robert Banks Stewart has passed away at the age of 84:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/robert-banks-stewart-dead-bergerac-creator-and-dr-who-writer-dies-at-84-a6815366.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Yet another sad loss in the music industry. Glenn Frey, co-founder and guitarist of the "Eagles" has died at age 67.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/18/eagles-glenn-frey-co-founder-has-died-at-67.html
    Just saw that a little bit ago, how sad. You were one damn fine guitarist, RIP Glenn Frey.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man, that's heavy. These late 60s deaths lately are ominous and I don't like it. In just two weeks we've lost Bowie and now Glenn, both around the same age.

For my money, The Eagles are less a band and more of an institution. Glenn made some truly classic content in his short life, and touched so many lives. It'll never be the same from now on without him. Now the lyrics "There's gonna be a heartache tonight" have a whole new meaning. RIP, Glenn.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Glenn Frey
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Glenn Frey.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Glenn Frey the man that sang most of the soundtrack of my early teens RIP and Thankyou Glenn .
    There was an excellent documentary made about The Eagles a couple of years ago. It's 3 1/2 + hrs. long but thoroughly entertaining and engaging. Although Don Henley was always considered the angry one, Glenn Fry shows his darker side especially with a couple former band members who sought equal opportunities and pay. But like most marriages, there's a lot of gives and takes. He was a talent.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Mott The Hoople drummer Dale Griffin passed away on Sunday. RIP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35342699
    Sadly so many names of people lost since i last looked on this thread. Condolences and prayers to their families and friends.
    The incredible Paul Kantner has passed away at the age of 74. Thanks for all the incredible and amazing jams you delivered with Jefferson Airplane and Starship! RIP, Paul.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/paul-kantner-jefferson-airplane-co-founder-guitarist-dies-003827400.html
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    It's been 5 YEARS since the great John Barry passed away.

Let's all raise a toast to his memory today and play his music as loudly as we can.
  • RC7RC7
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    It's been 5 YEARS since the great John Barry passed away.

Let's all raise a toast to his memory today and play his music as loudly as we can.

Indeed. I've just put on DN.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Terry Wogan has passed away after a short battle with cancer RIP Sir Terry .
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    I've just heard that myself. Sad news :(

For people in Britain he was a very popular figure on television and radio.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sad news indeed, Terry was a fantastic presenter. RIP Terry Wogan.
    Just read the news about Terry Wogan. A very sad loss, a wonderful presenter. RIP Sir Terry....
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Terry Wogan gone too? Sad sad news.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Terry Wogan was known even here for his radio presentations of new exciting bands in the early 80s.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

R.I.P Sir Terry.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Great personality did ol' Terry have. BBC Radio 2 was never the same after Sir Terry had left.
    His interview with Arnie back in 1986:
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Very sad to hear about Terry Wogan. Growing up, he was a bright spot to my day. I'd always look forward to Wogan, and vividly remember his 1985 interview with Roger Moore in particular, when he asked Moore how he looked so young for his age, and Moore, shocked by the question, suggested it was on account of thick makeup. His Pierce Brosnan interview also brings back fond memories.

A one of a kind giant and increasingly rare to find someone with his charisma and bubbly personality these days.

Thanks for the memories, and RIP.
    Moore's hair in that interview looks terrible.