No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,400
    007.Com still says 2.9
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    =bg= wrote: »
    007.Com still says 2.9

Digital HD release date - 1.22
    US DVD/Blu-ray release date - 2.9
    UK DVD/Blu-ray release date - 2.22
    Anyone found a better preorder deal than this? Target has it for $22.99 (Bluray, Digital HD, and Bonus DVD) + $5 gift card.

http://www.target.com/p/james-bond-spectre-blu-ray-digital-hd-target-exclusive/-/A-50451110#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=spectre
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Wow. Just preordered it. Couldn't be quicker. Super easy. Sweet!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2016 Posts: 9,117
    There's no way Mendes and co. didn't do a commentary, right? Right? Guys? Anybody there?

Films haven't had good special features for years upon years now, but honestly is it too much for us to ask for just a doc or two and one damn commentary?

I remember the days when films would have so many special features they had to fit all on a separate disc. Spider-Man 2, one of my all time favorites, had 10+ hours of special features on the discs. Fast forward to today and we're lucky if all the content in these releases adds up to 45 minutes maximum, despite all the technology we have at our fingertips to produce fantastic special features for consumers.

EON's approach to QoS has made me livid as well. They treat it like the ugly duckling of the family that mustn't be spoken about just because critics didn't salivate over it, and because of that, they won't release any special additions of it to show us the deleted scenes (including the ending cut scene with White and Haines) or the commentary that Forster did for nothing. It's unfair to those of us that enjoy the film and want to see more.

Bang on the money on all counts.

I find it pathetic the way they are trumpeting the special features on this disc like its something to be proud of!

'An in depth look at one whole scene!!'

'A handful of videos you have all seen already!'

'Some stills (I wonder if there's a chance they will include that shot of Dan in the smashed up cockpit that accompanies every single f**king article on the film? Because I'd really like to see that again.)!'

'Thats all you're getting!'

'Now bugger off!'

Here's a tip for the marketing people at EON: when you've got a 1 inch cock you don't go around boasting about it. Seems like they are more obsessed at knocking it out while the film is still in cinemas rather than deliver a product of any quality.

What is the logic of releasing it pretty much the day after it gets pulled from cinemas? Because otherwise people will download it illegally? Aren't those people going to download it anyway?

As for QOS you can almost feel their pain at introducing an evil organisation rather than just sitting it out till Mcclory died.

I'd sooner they just came out and said 'Ok we f**ked up by inventing Quantum. Obviously for it all to fit together as seamlessly as we are trying to con you it does can you all please call Quantum SPECTRE from now on and we'll say no more about it.'

What mentions are there of QOS in SP compared to mentions of M, Vesper, Silva, Le Chiffre? Just one of Greene on Q's laptop and one of Quantum hastily said by Blofeld in a list with a load of others as far as I can recall.

• RC7RC7
    There's no way Mendes and co. didn't do a commentary, right? Right? Guys? Anybody there?

Films haven't had good special features for years upon years now, but honestly is it too much for us to ask for just a doc or two and one damn commentary?

I remember the days when films would have so many special features they had to fit all on a separate disc. Spider-Man 2, one of my all time favorites, had 10+ hours of special features on the discs. Fast forward to today and we're lucky if all the content in these releases adds up to 45 minutes maximum, despite all the technology we have at our fingertips to produce fantastic special features for consumers.

EON's approach to QoS has made me livid as well. They treat it like the ugly duckling of the family that mustn't be spoken about just because critics didn't salivate over it, and because of that, they won't release any special additions of it to show us the deleted scenes (including the ending cut scene with White and Haines) or the commentary that Forster did for nothing. It's unfair to those of us that enjoy the film and want to see more.

Bang on the money on all counts.

I find it pathetic the way they are trumpeting the special features on this disc like its something to be proud of!

'An in depth look at one whole scene!!'

'A handful of videos you have all seen already!'

'Some stills (I wonder if there's a chance they will include that shot of Dan in the smashed up cockpit that accompanies every single f**king article on the film? Because I'd really like to see that again.)!'

'Thats all you're getting!'

'Now bugger off!'

Here's a tip for the marketing people at EON: when you've got a 1 inch cock you don't go around boasting about it. Seems like they are more obsessed at knocking it out while the film is still in cinemas rather than deliver a product of any quality.

What is the logic of releasing it pretty much the day after it gets pulled from cinemas? Because otherwise people will download it illegally? Aren't those people going to download it anyway?

As for QOS you can almost feel their pain at introducing an evil organisation rather than just sitting it out till Mcclory died.

I'd sooner they just came out and said 'Ok we f**ked up by inventing Quantum. Obviously for it all to fit together as seamlessly as we are trying to con you it does can you all please call Quantum SPECTRE from now on and we'll say no more about it.'

What mentions are there of QOS in SP compared to mentions of M, Vesper, Silva, Le Chiffre? Just one of Greene on Q's laptop and one of Quantum hastily said by Blofeld in a list with a load of others as far as I can recall.

I don't think they are trying to meld it all completely seamlessly, neither do I think they're desperately trying to bury Quantum. They always wanted to use SPECTRE and couldn't, now that they can they are rolling with it. Why can't Quantum just be a subsidiary of a larger organisation? I don't really give two shits how it all fits together, it has no importance. Here's a bit of serendipitous continuity for you- Greene turns up with two bullets in the back of his head... SP agent, Hinx, perhaps?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The main issue I and others have is how the Quantum/SPECTRE connection was handled. I wanted a far deeper explanation and don't feel I got it. Worse yet, EON did a lot of retconing to fit SPECTRE into the plot and have it make sense, which they shakily manage, if only just.

The biggest disappointment was how the events of SP change our perceptions of Silva. Three years ago I appreciated him as a one-man wrecking ball who was in it for himself and on his own mission, but now we come to find out he was a part of the same fold as all the others. I think SP actually robbed him of some of the attributes that made him most interesting, which really is quite a shame. And how exactly did it work? Did Blofeld urge him to muck up MI6 and M, or did he simply provide the means for which the man's revenge was had?

Loose ends like this that were created by the shoddy attempt EON made to connect the past films to SP and the organization are troubling and with the time they had, they should've been approached far more originally and effectively.
    The main issue I and others have is how the Quantum/SPECTRE connection was handled. I wanted a far deeper explanation and don't feel I got it. Worse yet, EON did a lot of retconing to fit SPECTRE into the plot and have it make sense, which they shakily manage, if only just.

The biggest disappointment was how the events of SP change our perceptions of Silva. Three years ago I appreciated him as a one-man wrecking ball who was in it for himself and on his own mission, but now we come to find out he was a part of the same fold as all the others. I think SP actually robbed him of some of the attributes that made him most interesting, which really is quite a shame. And how exactly did it work? Did Blofeld urge him to muck up MI6 and M, or did he simply provide the means for which the man's revenge was had?

Loose ends like this that were created by the shoddy attempt EON made to connect the past films to SP and the organization are troubling and with the time they had, they should've been approached far more originally and effectively.

Exactly.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I don't really give two shits how it all fits together, it has no importance.

I'm really happy for you then. Some of us just prefer a coherent script rather than a hastily cobbled together retcon that's all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @RC7, we all really should care how it fits together, because what we now know from SP (which isn't much) effects everything that came before it. It changes how we watch CR, QoS and SF in pronounced ways. So dismissing SP's handling of the Quantum/SPECTRE connection as unimportant is to dismiss the entire Craig era and how it's developed.

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to explain Quantum's role in relation to SP. I just wanted something. All the explanation we have of what really happened post QoS and how SPECTRE exists are pictures on a laptop monitor that appear for but seconds and one throwaway line from Blofeld. I think we deserve far better than that, and the Craig era even more so. Most everything up to this point has been handled extremely well, but Mendes and co. couldn't afford to shave off two minutes of an action sequence to give us an actual explanation of just what happened with Quantum and what it's role was in relation to SPECTRE? Come on, now.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,512

With Quantum an explanation isn't necessary, the sort of detail your talking about is something that could be left for a novelisation, but it doesn't need to be addressed. How Quantum function in relation to Spectre has no bearing on the narrative. With Silva, I agree that it changes one's perception of him, but I don't have as much of a problem as some. It's a two way street. I was never a lover of his apparent ubiquity and the leaps of logic his actions presented, where SP gives that some retrospective reasoning.

What I do have a problem with in SP, which is far more intrinsic to the actual plot than the minutiae of the relationships between Quantum/Silva/Spectre, is the way the key players are connected. The actual detail concerning this is that they're all linked by the toxicology reports on their respective corpses. A specific element (Rhodium, I think) is found in the SP rings that are forged from the meteorite. I actually think this is a decent bit of detail and could have made some neat exposition. It was big mistake, imo, and reminded me of several moments in SF where things just magically happen.
    I'm really happy for you then. Some of us just prefer a coherent script rather than a hastily cobbled together retcon that's all.

I'm not saying everything is flawless, far from it (see above) but in respect of retcon I thought they did a reasonable job without getting bogged down in unnecessary detail. It could have been much worse.
    @RC7, we all really should care how it fits together, because what we now know from SP (which isn't much) effects everything that came before it. It changes how we watch CR, QoS and SF in pronounced ways. So dismissing SP's handling of the Quantum/SPECTRE connection as unimportant is to dismiss the entire Craig era and how it's developed.

The detail of the Quantum/SPECTRE connection as organisations is irrelevant within the narrative. White is the link to CR/QoS and White is confirmed as a Spectre agent, otherwise known as The Pale King. It's also clear from Greene's death in QoS that, while he may have been running Quantum, he was never the 'top man'. I'm not saying it absolutely shouldn't have been addressed through exposition, but it doesn't need to be.

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to explain Quantum's role in relation to SP. I just wanted something. All the explanation we have of what really happened post QoS and how SPECTRE exists are pictures on a laptop monitor that appear for but seconds and one throwaway line from Blofeld. I think we deserve far better than that, and the Craig era even more so. Most everything up to this point has been handled extremely well, but Mendes and co. couldn't afford to shave off two minutes of an action sequence to give us an actual explanation of just what happened with Quantum and what it's role was in relation to SPECTRE? Come on, now.

They could have just kept it as Quantum.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 389
    Hopefuly, there will be at least one commentary track. I would have loved more information about some matters, too. Anyway, I asumed that Quantum was just one branch/tentacle of Spectre. About Silva, in one of the leaked scripts, Oberhauser explained that his anger was already there, but Oberhauser fed that hate and Spectre helped Silva´s organization.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited January 2016 Posts: 3,277
    So no goodies this time around?! I remember for SKYFALL we had a Blu-ray with some Promo cards at German Amazon.
    but Mendes and co. couldn't afford to shave off two minutes of an action sequence to give us an actual explanation of just what happened with Quantum and what it's role was in relation to SPECTRE? Come on, now.

This hits the nail on the head. Mendes gives us 5 minutes of some poncey tracking shot of Bond walking through a crowd but can only spare 3 seconds showing us how the rings link all the other villains to SPECTRE which is crucial to the plot.

The guy seems to have his priorities all wrong. There's a similar thing in a behind the scenes video when he's jumping around wetting his pants that they've just filmed the biggest explosion in history - like that matters. How about you give us a memorable stunt to rival the ski jump or the bungee jump in your two films? TB had the biggest explosion ever recorded I think and possibly so did DAD and who gives a toss?

But people still remember Bond pulling the Union Jack ripcord or landing a 360 degree roll in a car 40 years on.

I fear Mendes is a bit of an emperors new clothes situation. Style trying to mask a lack of substance. Compared to Martin Campbell (who most people would call a journeyman director) his action scenes are appalling. He seems to think character and Bond's past is all that matters but you have to deliver the goods on the action front too I'm afraid Sam.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 28,694
    but Mendes and co. couldn't afford to shave off two minutes of an action sequence to give us an actual explanation of just what happened with Quantum and what it's role was in relation to SPECTRE? Come on, now.

This hits the nail on the head. Mendes gives us 5 minutes of some poncey tracking shot of Bond walking through a crowd but can only spare 3 seconds showing us how the rings link all the other villains to SPECTRE which is crucial to the plot.

The guy seems to have his priorities all wrong. There's a similar thing in a behind the scenes video when he's jumping around wetting his pants that they've just filmed the biggest explosion in history - like that matters. How about you give us a memorable stunt to rival the ski jump or the bungee jump in your two films? TB had the biggest explosion ever recorded I think and possibly so did DAD and who gives a toss?

But people still remember Bond pulling the Union Jack ripcord or landing a 360 degree roll in a car 40 years on.

I fear Mendes is a bit of an emperors new clothes situation. Style trying to mask a lack of substance. Compared to Martin Campbell (who most people would call a journeyman director) his action scenes are appalling. He seems to think character and Bond's past is all that matters but you have to deliver the goods on the action front too I'm afraid Sam.

The SPECTRE HQ explosion just opens up another can of worms, @TheWizardOfIce. I was quite critical of Sam's demeanor during the shooting of the scene as well, giddy that he and his team had thrown vast amounts of money down the drain to pay for all the explosives to implode the set-money that could've been used elsewhere-just so he could say, "Look at us, we did this for real!" while seductively massaging their Guinness World Record plaque. Really, a miniature set with minute CGI really would've done the job, Sam.

Honestly, I thought the explosion was fake when I first saw it anyway, so what was the point really? To brag? And now, this attitude the production had of wasting boatloads of money on stupid elements of production like the HQ explosion and dozens upon dozens of cars to recklessly destroy means the next film will have a very clipped budget. Maybe then EON and their team will be forced to think more originally and on their feet while making some smart investment decisions. One hopes, at least, otherwise Bond 25 will be treated to the same criticisms SP got in regards to its budget while trying to break even against and profit beyond an unnecessarily astronomical budget.
    Okay, I admit I really enjoyed Spectre, but can also see its many flaws. But at the end of the day it is just a movie. The amount of vitriol towards Eon at times is ridiculous and actually quite funny. I'm a huge Bond fan, but I don't sit at home every night for 3 years praying for the best Bond movie (get the reference? lol) ever. There is other stuff in life, you know.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,512
    SP's budget was down to a vast amount of location shooting, something most fans were begging for after SF, but are now pissed off about. SP shot a massively complex action scene in Mexico city, several scenes (inc. the complex finale) around London, a car chase spanning Rome's centre, an aerial/snow chase in Austria, exteriors, inc. the explosion, in Morocco. All with one or more of the principle cast in each location. Compare that to something like TFA where they shot in Abu Dhabi, Gloucestershire and Berkshire, some plates in Iceland and a single scene in Ireland. Regardless of the cries of 'Yeah, but TFA was actually good', SP set out to shoot as much on location as they could and they achieved it.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Okay, I admit I really enjoyed Spectre, but can also see its many flaws. But at the end of the day it is just a movie. The amount of vitriol towards Eon at times is ridiculous and actually quite funny. I'm a huge Bond fan, but I don't sit at home every night for 3 years praying for the best Bond movie (get the reference? lol) ever. There is other stuff in life, you know.

I actually agree with some of the dissent and don't think EON always get it right, but you're right that the vitriol is at times actually quite funny. Making a movie is difficult, making a great movie is borderline impossible.
    SP's budget was down to a vast amount of location shooting, something most fans were begging for after SF, but are now pissed off about. SP shot a massively complex action scene in Mexico city, several scenes (inc. the complex finale) around London, a car chase spanning Rome's centre, an aerial/snow chase in Austria, exteriors, inc. the explosion, in Morocco. All with one or more of the principle cast in each location. Compare that to something like TFA where they shot in Abu Dhabi, Gloucestershire and Berkshire, some plates in Iceland and a single scene in Ireland. Regardless of the cries of 'Yeah, but TFA was actually good', SP set out to shoot as much on location as they could and they achieved it.

Don't forget they also filmed TFA in the Lake District :)
  • RC7RC7

Don't forget they also filmed TFA in the Lake District :)

I thought it was the Forest of Dean? My bad, must have cost them a bloody fortune getting from Pinewood up north. Particularly if they went Virgin West Coast.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I would have liked to have had a bit more than this. The scripts perhaps.. no. :(
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,119
    And it keeps going on. In every topic, that is not related to the quality, the story, the reviews of " SPECTRE", sooner or later discussions turn into bashing sessions of the films vs. hailing sessions of the film.

See things into perspective please. Be a sport, be a big boy, and rank these TOP 6 of highest grossing films into a new TOP 6 of your favourite or your best quality films of 2016:
    67mOpJO.jpg

Here's mine:
    01. "SPECTRE" (Only 2D film in the list, and so much more intellectual and smart, especially theme-wise, than the other 5 films. Just google 'Nine Eyes'. And it has some memorable Fleming-esque scenes...not to be seen during the Brosnan-era)
    02. "Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens" (Although I liked it, especially plot-wise, it was too much of a perfect 'copy-past-the-fan's-formula' work: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas . Moreover, I'm getting tired of J.J Abrahms: The man who destroyed 'Star Trek' )
    03. "Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron" (Actually it has got a true Sci-Fi theme: the rise of Artifical Intelligence. But the theme got blurred by the porn of action. "Ex-Machina" is a much better film with the same subject)
    04. "Furious 7" (Back in cinema, it was an entertaining over-the-top popcorn flick. I couldn't stop laughing. But do we really want this "Die Another Day"-approach in the smarter Craig-era? "Skyfall" has proven that there's a market for intellectual blockbusters)
    05. "Minions" (This is pure kids fun. The best animated film for kids. My little nephews loved the minions. But it lacks the grown-up themes that we saw in "Inside Out")
    06. "Jurassic World" (Another example of 'copy-past-the-fan's-formula' to perfection, resulting in a rather soulless blockbuster that's a mix of a remake, sequel and reboot
    )

Now I think this is enough bullshit, time to focus on the positive things of the upcoming BluRay release :-). Yes, I agree that Fox is rather lacklustre with special features. Especially in comparison with Paramount's steelbook release of "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation". That release has got a 2nd disc entirely dedicated to special features.

But I do like to point out that there are already SO SO MANY 'special features' in book form. The recent Behind The Scenes book "Blood Swaet And Bond", "The James Bond Archives", a separate DVD release of "Everything Or Nothing" and a truly marvellous steelbook set with incredibly stylish main titles design on the front and back:
    Ckdh2k.jpg
    DSC_1738.jpg
    It's something that many competing spy franchises only dream off. Even Tom Cruise with his plastic smile.

So you don't hear my complain. Because I'm not such a spoiled, negative ass-hole as so many other forummembers in here. I for instance look forward to complete my beautiful shiny steelbook quadrilogy of Daniel Craig with another fine entry that is titled "SPECTRE". A steelbook that is simple, yet stylish in design...just like Craig's portrayal of Bond:
    $_57.JPG
    maxresdefault.jpg
    12317704_1391613491138299_1869201205_n.jpg

And please dear Bond forummembers? PRE-ORDER that damn steelbook! Stop whining about the other BluRay releases. Fox releases this steelbook for the Bond fans who prefer a little bit more than just a film!
    Europe: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spectre-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B017UAHMQM
    US & Canada: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/spectre-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-blu-ray-2015/m2219646.aspx?path=6fbbc32de50883dfb78e9c4a718728a8en02&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-rdA1cJZXOavbXdunBxhFSw

Now I go back to work and probably post again next month...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

I actually agree with some of the dissent and don't think EON always get it right, but you're right that the vitriol is at times actually quite funny. Making a movie is difficult, making a great movie is borderline impossible.

Actually, it isn't good. It's very derivative, the story is rushed in places and the only character that stood out was a metallic beach ball who acted everyone else of the screen! I was very disappointed, not a huge SW fan, but was expecting something better from JJ.

Actually, it isn't good. It's very derivative, the story is rushed in places and the only character that stood out was a metallic beach ball who acted everyone else of the screen! I was very disappointed, not a huge SW fan, but was expecting something better from JJ.

I am also a Trekkie. And I can say in all honesty that J.J. destroyed the Trek-franchise. You know, J.J. is nothing more than a perfect popcorn-movie director that understands movie marketing and the soulless aspects of movie franchise formulas. That's J.J. On the whole his movies are rather soulless shels: Perfectly entertaining, guaranteed money makers, but devoid of real sci-fi questions. A bit like Michael Bay.

Next to J.J. Bond fans should embrace Sam Mendes.
    Really, @Gustav_Graves, we appreciate you back, but is calling out certain members as "spoiled, negative ass-holes" really the best way to return?

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for some of us to be upset at what little is on offer for the upcoming SPECTRE release. You name the steelbooks as real special items EON are sending our way, but are they really? You're getting the same exact disc as those purchasing the standard Blu-ray, so how is it anything special? I'm not a magpie and these so-called beautifully designed shiny steel cases aren't going to make me get another copy of something I already have, especially since most of its life will be spent on a shelf. I honestly just don't get it, and if that's one of the "presents" or "special items" being sent our way, forgive me if my elation isn't sufficient.

It just seems weird that this year of all years we're getting a stripped down Blu-ray release. Everyone during the production of SP was talking big about how fun it was, yet nobody was on hand to create some cool behind the scenes features that showed all of us who couldn't be there just how great it was? I don't think that's asking much at all, and I genuinely wanted to have a Mendes commentary to get an idea of the process of how SP went from script to screen and all the troubles and successes met therein. In the past I've never been too concerned about commentaries and usually never listen to them except for films that truly captivate me, and these Bond films have been those rare movies for me, so to see them gone is sad. It's just a shame that none of this is on offer, but what is are quick, recycled three minute behind the scenes clips we've been able to see on the internet since months before SP's release. Honestly, why'd they put in all the effort of placing them on the discs when they could've just sent us a youtube link to view them?
    Really, @Gustav_Graves, we appreciate you back, but is calling out certain members as "spoiled, negative ass-holes" really the best way to return?

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for some of us to be upset at what little is on offer for the upcoming SPECTRE release. You name the steelbooks as real special items EON are sending our way, but are they really? You're getting the same exact disc as those purchasing the standard Blu-ray, so how is it anything special? I'm not a magpie and these so-called beautifully designed shiny steel cases aren't going to make me get another copy of something I already have, especially since most of its life will be spent on a shelf. I honestly just don't get it, and if that's one of the "presents" or "special items" being sent our way, forgive me if my elation isn't sufficient.

It just seems weird that this year of all years we're getting a stripped down Blu-ray release. Everyone during the production of SP was talking big about how fun it was, yet nobody was on hand to create some cool behind the scenes features that showed all of us who couldn't be there just how great it was? I don't think that's asking much at all, and I genuinely wanted to have a Mendes commentary to get an idea of the process of how SP went from script to screen and all the troubles and successes met therein. In the past I've never been too concerned about commentaries and usually never listen to them except for films that truly captivate me, and these Bond films have been those rare movies for me, so to see them gone is sad. It's just a shame that none of this is on offer, but what is are quick, recycled three minute behind the scenes clips we've been able to see on the internet since months before SP's release. Honestly, why'd they put in all the effort of placing them on the discs when they could've just sent us a youtube link to view them?

I said SOME of the forummembers sound like that.

Moreover, I also pointed out all the books and non-film DVD's that have been published. Not to mention all the forewords that Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli wrote for all these collector's coffee table books (Taschen, etc.). I prefer those over actual special features. I prefer a separate documentary DVD over the inclusion of the same stuff in the special features. Franchises like "Mission: Impossible" press all that joy on an extra special features disc....but not in beautiful old-school printed form:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=32216&d=1376660971&thumb=1
    900_250_boek_Blood_Sweat_And_Bond-900x250.png
    export.jpg
    GY6633a.jpg

One more thing, there have been so many numerous interviews with Sam Mendes. And all I heard, when I was on this forum, was nothing but contempt for the man. Most forummembers on here got tired of the poor man, and sick of his views on " SPECTRE". So I think it's entirely valid to use the word "spoiled ass-hole", when in here certain forummembers now suddenly complain about the very absence of Sam Mendes on the new BluRay, both as interview blog or commentary track. Be happy with what you get from Sinterklaas (Santa Clause), like my mum said when I got presents for Christmas.

By the way, who said that there won't be commentary tracks on the new BluRay disc? As far as I know there will be the same kind of commentary as with the "Skyfall" Blu-Ray:
    --> One commentary track with Sam Mendes
    --> One commentary track with other crewmembers and the producers
    edited January 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @Gustav_Graves, calling anyone what you did is beyond immature and unprofessional. That is why I mentioned it. It's not hard to give people common courtesy without wiping them through the mud.

Again, all this stuff you're listing largely amounts to nothing revolving around SPECTRE's production. Forwards/intros in a few SPECTRE related books don't have any connection to the film and its production. They're collections of materials Fleming wrote, nothing more. I and others would like features related to the actual film and its production.

And we have yet to read anything that confirms commentary tracks for SP, hence my disappointment this week.
    @Gustav_Graves, calling anyone what you did is beyond immature and unprofessional. That is why I mentioned it. It's not hard to give people common courtesy without wiping them through the mud.

Again, all this stuff you're listing largely amounts to nothing revolving around SPECTRE's production. Forwards/intros in a few SPECTRE related books don't have any connection to the film and its production. They're collections of materials Fleming wrote, nothing more. I and others would like features related to the actual film and its production.

And we have yet to read anything that confirms commentary tracks for SP, hence my disappointment this week.

I also mentioned this:
    One more thing, there have been so many numerous interviews with Sam Mendes. And all I heard, when I was on this forum, was nothing but contempt for the man. Most forummembers on here got tired of the poor man, and sick of his views on "SPECTRE". So I think it's entirely valid to use the word "spoiled ass-hole", when in here certain forummembers now suddenly complain about the very absence of Sam Mendes on the new BluRay, both as interview blog or commentary track. Be happy with what you get from Sinterklaas (Santa Clause), like my mum said when I got presents for Christmas.

I understand your disappointment. But I am equally disappointed in how forummembers in here react.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,116
    It's a discussion forum. We are fans. As lifelong fans or not even lifelong fans we can voice opinions.

Sorry @GG some of us ..whom are just as devoted fans have just as much right to be disappointed even angry at the direction of the series.

Like I have said I'm a Bond fan. I want to enjoy Bond as much as SW or Indy or whomever...

Besides @GG your complaining JJ ruined Star Trek just like some are complaining Mendes ruined Bond. Does that make you less a Trek fan?

You know I hated to see you go @GG and have been very complimentary and appreciative of what you have contributed to this forum but if your going to come back and just insult fans whom don't share your opinions then don't bother. That's a slap in the face.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    It's a discussion forum. We are fans. As lifelong fans or not even lifelong fans we can voice opinions.

Sorry @GG some of us ..whom are just as devoted fans have just as much right to be disappointed even angry at the direction of the series.

Like I have said I'm a Bond fan. I want to enjoy Bond as much as SW or Indy or whomever...

Besides @GG your complaining JJ ruined Star Trek just like some are complaining Mendes ruined Bond. Does that make you less a Trek fan?

You know I hated to see you go @GG and have been very complimentary and appreciative of what you have contributed to this forum but if your going to come back and just insult fans whom don't share your opinions then don't bother. That's a slap in the face.

Come onnn. You call it "insulting". But you know better. I do not mean it as an insult. And you miss my point really. What if I replaced the wording "spoiled ass-holes" with "spoiled fans" or "unhappy fans"? Call me an autist, but I don't see the difference. Don't blindstare on wordings please. My point doesn't change.

I never meant to hurt people. I honestly believe some of the people in here need to tone down a bit. And I really mean that. Lastly, there's room for interpretation. But that room for interpretation is entirely gone if I insult one particular person directly. And I have never done that. I have never personally insulted you. I have never said: "@McDonbb you are a spoiled asshole!".

I'm also slightly disappointed in you now, if I may speak freely. I think Sam Mendes is being treated like complete, vile dogshit in here. So I couldn't care less if Sam Mendes decides not to lend his vocals for a proper commentary audio track on the new BluRay release.

As my frustration about this doesn't change, I think, like you said @McDonbb, it's better if I stay away from this forum. You're a nice guy....and if you know me as a person, you know I'm quite a "nice asshole".

• edited January 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Handbags at dawn?

I agree Mendes is treated unfairly on here. People slam Spectre way too much, it's great, enjoy it. And frankly it's not the end of my world if the latest Bond film has no audio commentary, just saying.