No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• RC7RC7
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    They don't want to pay a documentarian for their services and no one on the production is bothered about sharing their craft in the way someone like Peter Jackson would. I know several documentary makers, including my wife, who'd be able to deliver an incredible feature length doc to accompany SP, but it comes at a cost and obviously they are not keen to shell out on anything that doesn't yield direct revenue, see the awful poster art. You guys should know better by now.

Also, do they really want to go into detail about the hack and the script issues etc.? Doubt there'll be a commentary. The blogs are a bit cheap considering we've been able to see them throughout production too. Also if they limit special features it leaves them open to release a deluxe or special edition later.

Like I said, it's all about maximising profit. Why spend money on features when people will buy the product regardless?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    They don't want to pay a documentarian for their services and no one on the production is bothered about sharing their craft in the way someone like Peter Jackson would. I know several documentary makers, including my wife, who'd be able to deliver an incredible feature length doc to accompany SP, but it comes at a cost and obviously they are not keen to shell out on anything that doesn't yield direct revenue, see the awful poster art. You guys should know better by now.

Also, do they really want to go into detail about the hack and the script issues etc.? Doubt there'll be a commentary. The blogs are a bit cheap considering we've been able to see them throughout production too. Also if they limit special features it leaves them open to release a deluxe or special edition later.

Like I said, it's all about maximising profit. Why spend money on features when people will buy the product regardless?

We're still waiting on a deluxe version of QOS to see the light of day. The pikey special features on that disc are a joke but it looks like we're getting the same sort of pathetic effort this time round.

Oh for the glory days when Bond films came accompanied by a documentary narrated by Patrick Macnee.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I watched all the Partick Macnee docs in the run up to SP. Superb.

The Bronsan and the Craig era have been let down by the paucity of their special features. (Minus DAD, which actually had two fairly decent docs. "Behind the Ice" and "From Script to Screen" I think they were called. Yes, and CR had a few, including the storied, and rather torturous story about how EON got the rights to CR)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2016 Posts: 9,117
    royale65 wrote: »

The Bronsan and the Craig era have been let down by the paucity of their special features. (Minus DAD, which actually had two fairly decent docs. "Behind the Ice" and "From Script to Screen" I think they were called. Yes, and CR had a few, including the storied, and rather torturous story about how EON got the rights to CR)

The CR bluray deluxe version comes with a decent amount of extras but other than that the Craig era has been pretty basic.

I would've thought they'd have cashed in on the most successful Bond of all time in the run up to SP by giving us a 3 disc deluxe version of SF but no. It seems they can't even be arsed to get us to double dip any more. Reminds of Corgi's apathy to making easy money.

Meanwhile Disney raking in cash by the billion by giving Star Wars fans more merchandise than their wallets can take.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    SPECTRE DVD and Blu-ray release announced

EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures have announced that last year’s hit film SPECTRE will be released digitally on January 22 and on DVD and Blu-ray on February 9.The SPECTRE DVD and Blu-ray Special Features include an in-depth look at the jaw-dropping opening scene in Mexico City alongside a host of video blogs about the supercars, music, action and more. 

• edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    For some reason I don't feel as excited about buying this as I did with a lot of the previous films.

Tbh it doesn't feel all that long ago since I saw it in the cinema.

I think i'm getting bored with Bond :-O
  • RC7RC7
    I would've thought they'd have cashed in on the most successful Bond of all time in the run up to SP by giving us a 3 disc deluxe version of SF but no. It seems they can't even be arsed to get us to double dip any more. Reminds of Corgi's apathy to making easy money.

Meanwhile Disney raking in cash by the billion by giving Star Wars fans more merchandise than their wallets can take.

It's an odd strategy for sure. I'd rather one comprehensive feature length doc for any of the Craig films over the range of SP tie-in steel book releases. I've no interest in buying the same films more than once on a specific format unless I'm getting something worthwhile rather than a bit of art I can print off myself.
    royale65 wrote: »

The CR bluray deluxe version comes with a decent amount of extras but other than that the Craig era has been pretty basic.

Even WB do an infinitely better job. Their Harry Potter, LOTR and Hobbit movies come with an insane amount of extra/special features. EoN have gotten away with being cheap towards fans for far too long.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    DVD/BD Worldwide release dates according to 007.com:

Australia - March 9th
    Brazil - February 17th
    France - March 11th
    Germany - March 3rd
    Italy - March 3rd
    Switzerland - February 24th
    US - February 9th
    UK - February 22nd
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 389
    I am excited about it, I want to have SP with the rest of the Bond movies as soon as possible, but I would like to have much more and better special features, I miss that John Corck ducumentaries narrated by Patrick MacNee.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hmm, it's somehow even worse than QoS' blu-ray release: awful cover-art, lack of original special features (lack of special features in general, for that matter). Let's hope the steelbook is much, much better than the generic cover art we got.
    Too bad the Brits get it later than us here in the States. It's payback for it coming to theaters later here. ;;)
  • RC7RC7
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Too bad the Brits get it later than us here in the States. It's payback for it coming to theaters later here. ;;)

Most of you hated it anyway.

Exactly, so it kind of balances out for many of us Americans on these forums who loved it. Looking forward to getting my copy.
    FYU for the US:
    SPECTRE will be released digitally on January 22 and on DVD and Blu-ray on February 9
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/news/644519-spectre-dvd-and-blu-ray-to-debut-in-february#3fAdBZuBjESSzvrp.99
    I wonder why January 22nd is the digital release date, and yet my buddy made me my own Vudu account (which lets me access all of his movies), and one of the latest ones added is an HDX version of SP. I wonder how he bought it.
    There are HD copies of SP that can be downloaded or watched online.
    Not even a commentary? Wtf.

I know Fox does the home video distribution for Bond but please tell me these blu rays will get better with a new studio partner making the films
    doubleoego wrote: »
    There are HD copies of SP that can be downloaded or watched online.

I know of illegal/cam-recorded/DVD screeners that exist, but Vudu accounts are comprised of digital copies one has purchased, and seeing as it's one of the newer ones on his account, it means that he legally purchased a digital copy of it already. How? I'm not sure, didn't even know one existed yet.
    Very curious. Are you able to ask your friend?
    I'm an idiot, apologies, everyone. It's in his account already because it appears to be a paid off pre-order; it exists there for the time being until the digital copies ARE available for purchase, so it should be up for me to view on midnight on January 22nd. Didn't realize until clicking on it now that the HDX version is what he owns, it's just unwatchable at this time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,586
    bondbat007 wrote: »

I know Fox does the home video distribution for Bond but please tell me these blu rays will get better with a new studio partner making the films

There must be more to the special features than those listed by 007.com.

By the way, has anyone seen this? It's a 13 minute making of video with some new behind the scenes footage we have yet to see. Something like this, but longer and more in-depth, would make for a great DVD/Blu-ray featurette, similar to the "Shooting Bond" documentary from Skyfall's Blu-ray.

From 0:55 to 3:35 is what I imagine we'll see in the Blu-ray based on their description.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    DVD/BD Worldwide release dates according to 007.com:

Australia - March 9th
    Brazil - February 17th
    France - March 11th
    Germany - March 3rd
    Italy - March 3rd
    Switzerland - February 24th
    US - February 9th
    UK - February 22nd
    So, you have your date for Brazil and not one for Spain...
    [-(
    jake24 wrote: »

By the way, has anyone seen this? It's a 13 minute making of video with some new behind the scenes footage we have yet to see. Something like this, but longer and more in-depth, would make for a great DVD/Blu-ray featurette, similar to the "Shooting Bond" documentary from Skyfall's Blu-ray.

From 0:55 to 3:35 is what I imagine we'll see in the Blu-ray based on their description.

The special features are:
    SPECTRE: Bond’s Biggest Opening Sequence
    The 6 Vlogs released
    Gallery
    http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/news/644519-spectre-dvd-and-blu-ray-to-debut-in-february#EX8UgTD9vKsPxvip.99
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

The special features are:
    SPECTRE: Bond’s Biggest Opening Sequence
    The 6 Vlogs released
    Gallery
    http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/news/644519-spectre-dvd-and-blu-ray-to-debut-in-february#EX8UgTD9vKsPxvip.99
    Without a commentary? Why stop now when they've been doing it for years?
    The original CR release didn't have a commentary and we never got one for QOS even though Marc Forster confirmed he recorded one. Unbelievable

Excellent comeback.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,116
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    For some reason I don't feel as excited about buying this as I did with a lot of the previous films.

Tbh it doesn't feel all that long ago since I saw it in the cinema.

I think i'm getting bored with Bond :-O

No no ...Just maybe I more draining experience. Excitement will build again.

And I still recommend Vargr ...

And wait ...umm no commentary? I love those :(
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    so they moved release date for US from 2/9 to 2/22? Amazon still says 2/9.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There's no way Mendes and co. didn't do a commentary, right? Right? Guys? Anybody there?

Films haven't had good special features for years upon years now, but honestly is it too much for us to ask for just a doc or two and one damn commentary?

I remember the days when films would have so many special features they had to fit all on a separate disc. Spider-Man 2, one of my all time favorites, had 10+ hours of special features on the discs. Fast forward to today and we're lucky if all the content in these releases adds up to 45 minutes maximum, despite all the technology we have at our fingertips to produce fantastic special features for consumers.

EON's approach to QoS has made me livid as well. They treat it like the ugly duckling of the family that mustn't be spoken about just because critics didn't salivate over it, and because of that, they won't release any special additions of it to show us the deleted scenes (including the ending cut scene with White and Haines) or the commentary that Forster did for nothing. It's unfair to those of us that enjoy the film and want to see more.