SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

#Campbell4Bond25, lets get it trending :)

Best idea so far...
    Campbell has quite the following, maybe this will sway him for one more.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Yes, let's get the director back who did Christopher Columbus the discovery. You guys sure know how to pick em
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yes, let's get the director back who did Christopher Columbus the discovery. You guys sure know how to pick em

Nice sarcasm and I agree ...no to Glen. Campbell yes. But many better options though.
    Podcast: Supervising Sound Editors Per Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers on Spectre

http://www.studiodaily.com/2015/12/sound-editors-per-hallberg-karen-baker-landers-spectre/#sthash.6BNcdkzG.dpuf

How Rushes created SPECTRE's UIs, graphics and animations
    The VFX house tells us about designing 300 sets of motions graphics for the latest James Bond film.

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/motion-graphics/how-rushes-created-spectre-ui-graphics-animations/

Introducing 'Spectre'
    The release of Sam Mendes’ Spectre marks another winning collaboration between Framestore and Daniel Kleinman, who bring together their years of past experience on Bond to create yet another stunning title sequence for the franchise.

http://www.cgw.com/Press-Center/In-Focus/2015/Introducing-Spectre.aspx

DTD
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We'll get Roger Moore to direct. Ha. ;)
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    Campbell has quite the following, maybe this will sway him for one more.

I think Sam Mendes doesn't deserve so much bashing from us fans.

IMO Sam Mendes and Martin Campbell BOTH reinvigorated the Bond franchise tremendously. Something that directors like John Glen, Roger Spottiswoode and Lewis Gilbert never really did. Mostly because of the more strict playbook from Bond producer "Cubby".

Both Sam and Martin were incredibly daring with their approaches on their Bond films. And both directors possible made some cult-classics/evergreens of their films as well.

Also, I always found it a bit 'stupid' to be a 'fan' of a director. Admiring a director for his filmography doesn't leave out worthy criticism. And let's face it, both Sam Mendes and Martin Campbell made some lesser critically acclaimed films. One can think of "Away We Go" and "The Green Lantern".

My favorite pick for a Bond director at this stage would be Ron Howard. What he did with his film "Rush" I found truly amazing. And maybe he could get inspired by one of my favorite action director's: The late John Frankenheimer ("Ronin", "Grand Prix"). I'm totally in for a Formula One-themed Bond film titled "Murder On Wheels"!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Big pass on Ron Howard, he's way too middle-of-the-road for me, and has failed to impress me.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 252
    #Campbell4Bond25, lets get it trending :)

No bring Christopher Nolan on board, and bring Waltz, Seydoux und Bautista back

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Big pass on Ron Howard, he's way too middle-of-the-road for me, and has failed to impress me.

Would you regard Campbell as less middle of the road?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I think Howard is versatile. He's done so many different things that I'm sure Bond would be a breeze for him. Angels and Demons showed he can do a fast paced thriller with great characterizations superbly well in my view.
    Haven't seen Angels and Demons but thought Da Vinci Code was pretty dire.

Have you seen Rush? That's brilliantly done and proof to me that he could handle Bond very well. Doubt EON are going to go looking for a US director though. May be that's the real reason they never got Spielberg - some weird thing about having a director from the British Commonwealth.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, Rush is excellent. Given the complexity of that story (character wise) I think he did a marvelous job while still giving it some oomph. You're right....he has no chance being American but he really is an excellent director and knows how to handle tension well.

Yes, Da Vinci Code was dire, but he was following a detailed narrative there and trying to do the book and the readers justice. I enjoyed it but after seeing Angels and Demons (which is not as true to the book......and the better for it as a film) I can only watch Da Vinci Code rarely these days.

I like how he handles pace, tension and characters in synch. That is a mark of a great director. Even Apollo 13 was tense. I also like the fact that he can work with different actors and bring out the best in all of them.
    He should then have had a better look into the C&A script, instead of sitting back (obviously) and let them do their thing. :-? Well, along with the rest.
    Did you know Kelly Lee and David Smith had a secret romance while filming
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DJK1 wrote: »

Great first post, welcome to the forums. Now, who the hell are they and who the heavens are you?
    DJK1 wrote: »

Great first post, welcome to the forums. Now, who the hell are they and who the heavens are you?

APOC and Gaffer

I don t feel enlightened. Should I know these celebrities?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The only Kelly Lee I know is tge chick with the 16 inch waist and enormous baps.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    :-?
    I have no idea who these people are.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    David Smith and Kelly Lee are crew members from SPECTRE. Smith was a Gaffer (film electrician) and Lee was an Assisstant Production Coordinator
    Just watched "The Mummy" on blu ray. Look at this

23907907iq.jpg

SPECTRE
    23907910uz.jpg
  • Bernie99 wrote: »

23907907iq.jpg

SPECTRE
    23907910uz.jpg

WOW, sharp find! Does this mean the crater is actually real and that filmmakers were actually filming this crater too?
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,021
    Bernie99 wrote: »

23907907iq.jpg

SPECTRE
    23907910uz.jpg

WOW, sharp find! Does this mean the crater is actually real and that filmmakers were actually filming this crater too?

Yes. Its the same crater. Its been in a few films before....including Prince of Persia.

It looks a lot better in the above picture.
    I still want to see the unseen Heineken UK vlog...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'SPECTRE' has made it onto the list of top films trends on Twitter for 2015.
    /\ That's a great find with regards to the crater! :-bd
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Is there a Blu-Ray/DVD release date set yet?