Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Christopher McQuarrie is now confirmed to be directing the sixth 'Mission: Impossible' film, alongside writing it:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/637115-christopher-mcquarrie-accepts-mission-to-helm-mission-impossible-6#/slide/1
    Best birthday news ever :)
    Happy birthday then, @Risico007 :-)!
    Thank you between this and the Macgyver Casting rumor my birthday has been filled with excellent spy new and rumors
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Christopher McQuarrie is now confirmed to be directing the sixth 'Mission: Impossible' film, alongside writing it:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/637115-christopher-mcquarrie-accepts-mission-to-helm-mission-impossible-6#/slide/1
    Thank you between this and the Macgyver Casting rumor my birthday has been filled with excellent spy new and rumors

Echoing @Boldfinger's sentiments. Hope you have a great birthday, @Risico007

Wait there's going to be Macgyver movie? What's the rumour?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Risico007, I'm happy to have delivered some positive birthday news for you!!! :)

While 'Rogue Nation' wasn't as great as 'Ghost Protocol' was, I still really enjoyed it and am looking forward to owning that glorious steelbook and giving it several rewatches. McQuarrie is a wonderful director (really enjoyed 'Jack Reacher,' as well), so I'm positive about his return.
    dragonsky wrote: »

Wait there's going to be Macgyver movie? What's the rumour?

thanks everyone for birthday wishes...

not to get TOO off topic but to answer Dragonsky's questions.

Back in October we had heard much like numerous other television show pitches a Revamped Macgyver focusing on the Secret Agent working for a clandestine organization (Original source was Varaity but here is EW'as which is how I first found out about it http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/02/macgyver-reboot-cbs) was potentially going to happen produced by James Wan (with the pilot being directed by him as well) as well as original show Producer Henry winkler and written by Scott Grimmel (who wrote for NCIS New Orleans)

the rumor is Pierson Fode might be the new macgyver (http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/54268/20151121/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-cast-spoilers-pierson-fode-leaving-bb-to-join-macgyver-reboot.htm) while I like rumors I don't like who is being rumored especially considering after the Player being cancled I have found the perfect Macgyver Phillip Winchester ( perhaps for a belated birthday present one of the brilliant fan artists here like Jwestbrook will do a fan poster of the New macgyver Tv show with Phillip Winchester as Macgyver.)

I did try to create a few Macgyver thread here that seemed to vanish in the wind but Yeah for me in terms of Spy Franchises Macgyver Should be up there with bond bourne and Hunt who knows maybe next fall it will be.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Just saw this tonight on Blu Ray, a blind buy. I enjoyed it very much.

Here are some random thoughts in no particular order. I will stick spoiler tags around them just in case. Well, I hadn't seen the movie until today.
    Overall I felt like there was a more serious tone to it than some of the other ones.

The "behind the scenes at the opera" stuff did give me a lot of Quantum of Solace deja vu. But I really enjoy liked how they threaded the Nessun Dorma music into the movie to become a sort of Ilsa theme. Which makes me like the music in this a lot more than the dire music in Spectre. And I did like Rebecca Ferguson as Ilsa.

Was the "charity auction" location the same location from Spectre, where Bond infiltrated the Spectre "board room" meeting?

The scene in the "water cooled computer room" was a bit bonkers but stil was suitably tense.

Car/bike chase was very well done and I liked how they didn't use music for the first part of it. Not too much crappy CGI, except for the car flip bit.

Interesting that they had such a London based climax. Set at night. That was another reminder of Spectre for me.

And I did like the background of the Syndicate. It reminded me of "Division" in Nikita among other things, but there was something about the way it was done, it was actually very believable.
  • Chevron wrote: »
    Just saw this tonight on Blu Ray, a blind buy. I enjoyed it very much.

Here are some random thoughts in no particular order. I will stick spoiler tags around them just in case. Well, I hadn't seen the movie until today.
    Overall I felt like there was a more serious tone to it than some of the other ones.

The "behind the scenes at the opera" stuff did give me a lot of Quantum of Solace deja vu. But I really enjoy liked how they threaded the Nessun Dorma music into the movie to become a sort of Ilsa theme. Which makes me like the music in this a lot more than the dire music in Spectre. And I did like Rebecca Ferguson as Ilsa.

Was the "charity auction" location the same location from Spectre, where Bond infiltrated the Spectre "board room" meeting?

The scene in the "water cooled computer room" was a bit bonkers but stil was suitably tense.

Car/bike chase was very well done and I liked how they didn't use music for the first part of it. Not too much crappy CGI, except for the car flip bit.

Interesting that they had such a London based climax. Set at night. That was another reminder of Spectre for me.

And I did like the background of the Syndicate. It reminded me of "Division" in Nikita among other things, but there was something about the way it was done, it was actually very believable.

I totally agree. "Mission: Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation" is the most serious M:I-film. Slightly darker too.

By the way, I got a huge "Skyfall"-vibe when I watched the film. This article summarizes it:
    https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/the-hunt-for-bond-mi-connections-to-007/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd say MI 1 and 3 have the most earnest vibe to me. 1 especially lacks the big blockbuster fun of 2, 4 and 5 that the heist aspects of the recent films have, along with colorful characters like Benji that provide a lot of levity. 1 and 3 are pretty straight forward, no joke films that have plenty of darkness to them, especially the latter.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,694
    Rebecca Fergusson confirmed she will return in Mission Impossible 6.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Rebecca Fergusson confirmed she will return in Mission Impossible 6.
    This is the best Christmas present I could ever have if true @DaltonCraig007... I was secretly hoping that this is what they were going to do, with McQuarrie back. I'm on cloud nine!
    I have no objections.

And it´s about time that the 17th arrives and I can get the br.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Very interesting. Ferguson was beyond stellar, and I look forward to seeing how 5 and 6 connect as stories.

mission-impossible_2484.jpg
  • Watched Rogue Nation last night. Story-wise, it was very similiar to Spectre, but as the Spectre plot was very thin, I found myself getting bored very early on. The one thing it did better than Spectre was in the stunt department. Cruise throws himself into each scene brilliantly and seeing the actual actor punch, kick and jump around the set (and dive off buildings and hang outside of planes) really gives it an authenticity I love. But the best thing about Rogue Nation was Rebecca Ferguson and THAT dress.
    Ferguson stole the show for me when it comes to 'Rogue Nation.' I loved her and her character, and I'd be upset if we don't see her in a Bond film at some point. She'd be a great choice.
    Ferguson stole the show for me when it comes to 'Rogue Nation.' I loved her and her character, and I'd be upset if we don't see her in a Bond film at some point. She'd be a great choice.
    With her returning in the coming M:I film it would be a bit cheap if Eon again took a M:I lady for Bond. But for sure she will appear in an MI6 film ;-).

@boldfinger, this is definitely true, but a man can dream. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If Ferguson appears in a Bond film, @Creasy47 and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 will wear off the 'pause' button of their Blu Ray player. ;)
    If Ferguson appears in a Bond film, @Creasy47 and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 will wear off the 'pause' button of their Blu Ray player. ;)

My remote will be perfectly intact, except for the pause button being mashed in and no longer in working use. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Good to hear. I made a comment about if Ferguson could be cast as a Bond girl, but i'll settle for seeing her in another MI film.
    With her returning in the coming M:I film it would be a bit cheap if Eon again took a M:I lady for Bond. But for sure she will appear in an MI6 film ;-).

Hey, the writers kicked poor Lea out the window (literally) in GP, so as far as I'm concerned, they didn't want her and EON were within their rights to scoop her up. ;)

I actually find it funny how she was largely mute in that movie, a cold killer going after the heroes, and in SP she's the hero type being chased after by Hinx, who is that film's cold and mute killer. Whatta world.

@DaltonCraig007, I probably would do that, if only I knew which one them was the pause button. Too many years of watching Eva Green have scratched the graphics off the fast-forward, rewind, pause and play buttons, while also making the analog sticks of my PS3 and PS4 controllers very wonky from constant use whenever I use them as remotes. It's a tough life, but one I walk willingly into as I continue to build up a film collection of every movie Ms. Green has shown so much as a bare shoulder in. :D
    'Mission: Impossible 6' will have its own style:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mission-impossible-6-style/
    'Mission: Impossible 6' will have its own style:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mission-impossible-6-style/
    I'm personally loving the comment about going for something leaner and more stripped down. He's right imho, that sometimes, less is more.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    EoN take notes!
    “I think the biggest thing I learned is you don’t always need as much as you think you do. The motorcycle sequence was originally so much bigger, so much longer, and so much more involved. There were so many action sequences in the movie. You can make a bigger movie with less, and I’m determined to do something leaner, less heavily reliant on plot, and a little stripped down.”

While the words "determined", "leaner", and "less heavily reliant on plot" are the sweetest music to my ears, I´m not sure how serious I´m supposed to take the above statement as a whole. I find it really hard to believe that the motorcycle sequence was originally supposed to be so much bigger and longer. I find it pretty massive as it is. Spectacular, and fantastic, but it seems totally unbelievable that there were supposed to have been plans for a "much bigger" chase. Sounds like a bit of bs to me. What does "less heavily reliant on plot" mean, if not spectacular action or iconic imagery?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    When I read the news that Rebecca Ferguson was returning for MI:6, I literally punched the air. Which got a funny look from the missus I can tell you (she completely understood when I showed her the article).

I can see them playing the 'let's leave this life behind' angle that Ilsa pitched to Hunt in Rogue Nation, only this time she means it.
    When I read the news that Rebecca Ferguson was returning for MI:6, I literally punched the air. Which got a funny look from the missus I can tell you (she completely understood when I showed her the article).

I can see them playing the 'let's leave this life behind' angle that Ilsa pitched to Hunt in Rogue Nation, only this time she means it.
    There was certainly unfinished business between Ilsa & Hunt, and I agree that this would be a suitable enticement for Hunt to retire. Heck, I would.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/mission-impossible-6-will-have-its-own-unique-style

Now I want to see the original motorcycle scene..
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I don´t, and I seriously doubt there was so much more in any script. The one in the films makes too much sense.

While Tom Cruise's 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' idea is "locked and loaded," it seems that 'Mission: Impossible 6' is already coming together with some very, very good action sequences. This article also explains a stunt that was going to be in 'Rogue Nation,' but was too complicated and expensive. Perhaps it'll show up in the sixth installment?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=128050
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RN was excellent. I can't wait for the next one.