Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah I don't see it. looks like C-Level henchmen to me.
    600px-DH5_73.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Murdock wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see it. looks like C-Level henchmen to me.
    600px-DH5_73.jpg

Oh now I know who he is now... sort of.

No no no ....please no no no nada no
    He looks like Patrice with crazy eyes. :))

Lol ...btw nice avatar. I now have the Ghostbuster theme in my head.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Lol ...btw nice avatar. I now have the Ghostbuster theme in my head.

Thanks. :P
    My .02 on some names constantly mentioned,

Elba, great actor, race less and less a factor, but too old

Hiddleston, good actor, but not macho in person (comes off fey in interviews)

Hugh Jackman, too old

Worthington, Cahill; dumb as lumber in interviews. Doing Bond is 50% promotion.

Damon Lewis; too old, too homely

Hardy, great actor, beyond doing Bond no matter what he says

Fassbinder; great actor, perfect looks, but serious personal issues will kill any chance that Babs would ever hire him.

If Craig doesn't return, and Bond 25 opens in 2017, I'd put my money on Hunnam. He's bigger, and more conventionally handsome than Craig when he cleans himself up, and his career has a similar trajectory to Craig's, but then objectively, his resemblance may kill off his chances.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    bondjames wrote: »
    Richard Armitage

His name has come up a couple of times. I've seen him in the Hobbit and Hannibal tv series. Does anyone know of something closer to Bond that he may have done which I could check out?
    566dd6cbe7f48215f89db12c95cf4ed8.jpg

British TV spy series about Mi5, called SPOOKS, don't know how many series he was in, but pretty sure he wasn't in the recent film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @Lancaster007. I will try to get in some seasons of SPOOKS, as well as STRIKE BACK. Armitage certainly has the presence, although I realize he's over 40 and probably past it if they are going to go younger next time.
    Oh so Idris Elba thinks he's more famous than Sean Connery or Roger Moore?!
    Direct quote from a recent article.
    “It feels like I’m campaigning, and I’m not. At first it was harmless — oh, I know, wouldn’t it be great? — and now it’s started off racial debates. I’m probably the most famous Bond actor in the world, and I’ve not even played the role.”

Sort of glad he will never be Bond. Let's get off this now and not worry about the next Bond till we know for sure that DC has left the role - so after Bond 25.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    He's just having a bit of fun with it. He has a point. The media have blown it up so much that he's the most talked about Bond actor that never was. This sort of reminds me of the draft Brosnan period from 86 to 95.
    He's just having a bit of fun with it. He has a point. The media have blown it up so much that he's the most talked about Bond actor that never was. This sort of reminds me of the draft Brosnan period from 86 to 95.

Yes, I can understand he's fed up with it (aren't we all), and you can't be a 'Bond actor' if you haven't had the role, perhaps he meant 'actor talked about for the role', doesn't trip of the tongue so well though! There is too much media BS about, an unfortunate sign of the times.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Joseph Mawle just saw him in The hallow, thought he was decent
    Born: March 21, 1974 in Oxford, England, UK - 41 years old probably going to be too old now.

he has a bit of Dalton intensity thing about him.

4tvdyx.jpg

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Sam Huntington
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Oh so Idris Elba thinks he's more famous than Sean Connery or Roger Moore?!
    Direct quote from a recent article.
    “It feels like I’m campaigning, and I’m not. At first it was harmless — oh, I know, wouldn’t it be great? — and now it’s started off racial debates. I’m probably the most famous Bond actor in the world, and I’ve not even played the role.”

Sort of glad he will never be Bond. Let's get off this now and not worry about the next Bond till we know for sure that DC has left the role - so after Bond 25.

Elba is so 'Mr Big'.
  • I imagine Elba is probably getting pissed off about the whole Bond thing at this point (and its partially his own doing). He's trying to promote other movies and projects that actually DO exist, and Bond is all anyone wants to ask him about.
    Joseph Mawle just saw him in The hallow, thought he was decent
    Born: March 21, 1974 in Oxford, England, UK - 41 years old probably going to be too old now.

he has a bit of Dalton intensity thing about him.

Ha...he looks a bit TOO much like Dalton. He would probably play him if they made a biopic of his life!
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    We are finding all these potentially great candidates ten years too late it seems.

Although I actually prefer an actor in his 40s.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I agree. It takes quite an actor to portray Bond's finesse and worldly manner in their 30's. Most aren't quite there in life yet, and it may show. Connery and even Lazenby were exceptions, and they don't make 'em like that any more.
    I agree. It takes quite an actor to portray Bond's finesse and worldly manner in their 30's. Most aren't quite there in life yet, and it may show. Connery and even Lazenby were exceptions, and they don't make 'em like that any more.

Agree ..plus 40 is the new 30 :)
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 613

That's just something older people say lol.

That's just something older people say lol.

[-X ...be nice to your elders. :D
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

This is true because society is generally different now. By that I mean that people in their 30's are less mature than the generation before (grow up slower), because there are more choices in life. So the mature Connerys and Lazenbys at 30 don't really exist....People just look and act younger now....generally.
    suavejmf wrote: »

This is true because society is generally different now. By that I mean that people in their 30's are less mature than the generation before (grow up slower), because there are more choices in life. So the mature Connerys and Lazenbys at 30 don't really exist....People just look and act younger now....generally.

Quite true. People mature later. Or may be they stay younger longer...
    Keep Bond in his 40s. The 57 year old Moore of AVTAK could mop the floor with most of the 32 year olds today. In addition to Bond remaining a vague late 30s-40s- bring back the two year cycle so the new actor could feasibly do 5 films within his 40s. This nonsense of a 3 year, four year and six year gap between films got old when it robbed us of a 3rd Dalton film. As for who to replace Craig when his time is up- I'd say all the actors currently mentioned in recent polls, articles, forums- i.e Hardy, Elba, Fassbender, etc are about as Bondian as country singer Kenny Rogers. May sound kind of harsh, but really today there are no real leading men that quite embody Bond. Most actors out there are franchise actors as opposed to movie stars who truly carry a film like Sean Connery.
    Hopefully the next Bond will be as under the radar as Craig was when he was cast and will surprise audiences by being a great Bond.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 1,310
    I think this young man has that special something to be Bond
    Played the lead in War horse

Jeremy Irvine 25 years old, one for the future.

wtbzab.jpg

If you have seen the film, Stonewall, Jeremy Irvine gives a career ending performance there. The film was a pile of garbage, granted, but man was he horrible.

Him, along with Jamie Dornan (who gives a similarly terrible performance in 50 Shades)...what ever little chance they might have had...I might recommend saying your goodbyes now.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 725
    The delays between films were not nonsense as they were not EON's decision. Only the extra year waiting on Mendes for SP was their decision. MGM's bankruptcy, and other studio craziness caused most of the delays. It's wishful thinking EON can mount a film every 2 years going forward. To much crap happens in the film business. People die, they get sick, critical figures are not available, huge financial and studio problems occur, EON could undergo some critical personnel changes, and on and on.

Also, there is no way EON is going to double the risk of recasting by hiring someone who could be will be into their 50s before their 4-5 films are up. They are not going to be able to go back to having stunt doubles do all the stunt work. The audience will expect the next Bond to be credible in the action scenes. They need someone younger to deal with doing most of their own stunt work, and also to appeal to an ever younger audience. I'd bet the next Bond is going be young (30s) or even younger (late 20s)and all the actors in their 40s the press keeps yammering about haven't a chance.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    smitty wrote: »
    The delays between films were not nonsense as they were not EON's decision. Only the extra year waiting on Mendes for SP was their decision. MGM's bankruptcy, and other studio craziness caused most of the delays. It's wishful thinking EON can mount a film every 2 years going forward. To much crap happens in the film business. People die, they get sick, critical figures are not available, huge financial and studio problems occur, EON could undergo some critical personnel changes, and on and on.

Also, there is no way EON is going to double the risk of recasting by hiring someone who could be will be into their 50s before their 4-5 films are up. They are not going to be able to go back to having stunt doubles do all the stunt work. The audience will expect the next Bond to be credible in the action scenes. They need someone younger to deal with doing most of their own stunt work, and also to appeal to an ever younger audience. I'd bet the next Bond is going be young (30s) or even younger (late 20s)and all the actors in their 40s the press keeps yammering about haven't a chance.

Yup. Look for little known British actors with strong screen presence and decent athleticism that are about 26-28 years of age right now, the next Bond will be amoungst them somewhere...
    I was thinking Andrew Garfield? His physical exquisitry is not immediately apparent, just like Craig's.
    Oh yeah. He is a lock in. Why havent we thought of him before?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    I was thinking Andrew Garfield? His physical exquisitry is not immediately apparent, just like Craig's.

Too fey. Can't see him in the role at all.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Garfield won't be Bond. He's a tremendous actor though but he's too boyish.