I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Having watched TMWTGG in my current Bondathon on a 65" Curved Samsung TV I saw something that leaves me puzzled.

Nic Nac is alive? His eyes are open it seems.
    I always thought Bond killed him and put him in that crow's nest/look out for show.
    Does anybody know?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Having watched TMWTGG in my current Bondathon on a 65" Curved Samsung TV I saw something that leaves me puzzled.

Nic Nac is alive? His eyes are open it seems.
    I always thought Bond killed him and put him in that crow's nest/look out for show.
    Does anybody know?

No, he was not killed. Bond said he did to Goodnight just to show he was a bad 'a' but then they showed him alive. Bond doesn't kill bottle throwing midgets I guess. It's beneath (pun intended) him.

I just realized, this was the first film in a row of 3 where the main henchman survives (TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR).
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 14,882
    http://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Skyfall/pages/Skyfall-1020.htm

The man on the left of screen, with the goatee and carrying the bag, also appears a couple of minutes later (after Bond has jumped on the train with Silva) at a completely different station.
    http://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Skyfall/pages/Skyfall-1111.htm

There's no follow up screenshot, but it's after Bond and Silva have slid down the escalator and Silva and Bond duck out into the next tunnel.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    @haserot

Great finds in For Your Eyes Only. That's one of my favorite sequences with dozens of watches and I never caught either of them.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Though I am attempting to stay on a Bond film hiatus until the month leading up to BOND 25 (with the exception of SPECTRE, I plan on watching that one until I know it as well as I do it's siblings), I did cheat a little by watching my favorite Title Sequences on YouTube this evening. For the first time I realized that the silhouette of Lazenby hanging form the clock in the Title Sequence of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE is taken from the scene in the film where he is hanging from the Gondola cable while escaping from Piz Gloria. So obvious, but it never clicked before.

@Birdleson, About that clock thing in the title sequence, i've just read that it was a reference to the 1923 film " Safety last"
    Found it here, some pretty interesting stuffs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064757/movieconnections
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The hands of the clock are going backwards, to signify, I think, taking Bond back to before the OTTness of YOLT (and to some degree TB, i.e. not so many gadgets, Bond relies on his wits more).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    In Spectre, has anyone noticed the two SUVs driving away from the layer after Bond blows it up?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Yeah, I noticed that on my 2nd viewing. I guess that's him making his escape.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I've been to bring this scene up on this thread -

When Bond and Elektra are trapped inside of Bond's avalanche proof coat, she says -

"I can't breath!"

to which Bond replies

"you're not going too!", as he's punching a way out to the surface.
    royale65 wrote: »

When Bond and Elektra are trapped inside of Bond's avalanche proof coat, she says -

"I can't breath!"

to which Bond replies

I don't know why but that just made me laugh pretty good that's really funny to me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I always get a giggle out of that scene
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    royale65 wrote: »

"I can't breath!"

to which Bond replies

He says that in response to her saying "I can't stay here!"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Having bought a much bigger TV, I only noticed the other day watching
    the Bluray of TMWTGG. That as Bond flew over Scaramanga's island. A
    Fly lands on Rogers upper arm and stays there, till the next cut. Honestly
    I've never noticed that before. :D
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Well he is in the tropics.
    Well that's just typical, a British fly could have played
    the part. :D
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I guess the fly loved him.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    echo wrote: »
    I guess the fly loved him.

The title should have been THE FLY WHO LOVED ME.

Excellent stuntwork by that fly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm really not sure where to put this, as I always notice it, but I figured this may be the closest place to staying on topic. But, does it ever bother anyone else how Mathis compliments Vesper in CR on how beautiful she looks, and all she does is smirks a little and looks away? Not a "thank you" or anything, it always bugs me for some reason.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Probably sick of compliments from male colleagues. .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sark wrote: »
    Probably sick of compliments from male colleagues. .

Probably. Suppose it fits her character and her own battle to beat her male colleagues and superiors.
    M in the cats house in LTK was a nod to Blofeld.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Ludovico wrote: »

I can't see why anyone would think that. The cats are a well-known feature of Hemingway House, notable for being polydactylic (having more toes than usual on each foot).

Not every recurrence of a theme or object throughout the series is a 'nod', sometimes it's just coincidence...
    I only noticed the other day ( I'd been told about it) in DAF, when Bond is
    drowning Bambi and Thumper, he releases both girls, with his left hand ! :))
    I'm sure like many here, I've watched that film hundreds of times and never
    noticed that before.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

I can't see why anyone would think that. The cats are a well-known feature of Hemingway House, notable for being polydactylic (having more toes than usual on each foot).

Not every recurrence of a theme or object throughout the series is a 'nod', sometimes it's just coincidence...

Maybe, but I think I've read it here, then when I saw that bit last time, it struck me that it was like one of those scenes foreboding Blofeld in the early movies.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm really not sure where to put this, as I always notice it, but I figured this may be the closest place to staying on topic. But, does it ever bother anyone else how Mathis compliments Vesper in CR on how beautiful she looks, and all she does is smirks a little and looks away? Not a "thank you" or anything, it always bugs me for some reason.

I see it as mere shyness. Bond has her playing this role and it has got her anxious enough, so it's very easy for her to be sheltered and cut off.
    Just watched Octopussy and i noticed it said "James Bond will return in From a view to a kill".
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Speaking of A View to a Kill. I think the guy who gets dropped from the airship is next to Mayday during the horse race
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    In SP in Q's workshop there's more than just the Aston Martin DB5 in the background, is there not? It looks as though the car from QOS is there as well. Has anybody spotted this?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Speaking of A View to a Kill. I think the guy who gets dropped from the airship is next to Mayday during the horse race

Yes, I only noticed this in my last two viewings of the film.