SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Wow! That's from Russia with love style !
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Need to see more of that fight and other fisticuffs Bond gets into for SP. The lack of music lends itself tremendously to the train fight.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Need to see more of that fight and other fisticuffs Bond gets into for SP. The lack of music lends itself tremendously to the train fight.

Could be the best fight of the Craig era, if it can best the stairwell fight from CR.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Could be the best fight of the Craig era, if it can best the stairwell fight from CR.

There's definitely a credible possibility and a strong fighting (pun intended) chance this could be so. It's definitely going to be a longer fight too.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Wow. Train fight looks amazing memoirs of FRWL love just carnage. Another scene I saw the other day it was a short snippet but it was like two guys trying to grab Bond and he takes them out liquid quick with two hits. The choregoraphy looks incredible in this film Bond after Skyfall looks like he has worked hard to get himself back to physical peak levels again and is more lethal than ever. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Finally, a scene between Bond and a henchman that's realistically gritty. And by henchman, I mean a giant henchman. Brilliant piece of a scene.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Finally, a scene between Bond and a henchman that's realistically gritty. And by henchman, I mean a giant henchman. Brilliant piece of a scene.

Dave Bautista is a godsend. From what I read he has quite some screen time which is good. He was brilliant in GOTG and he'll be brilliant in Spectre as well.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    edited October 2015 Posts: 221
    ..ah,-Yes, a giant of a henchman making a scene..!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    By the way, has anyone seen this? The instrumental version?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    New photos (from Entertainment Weekly)
    spectre-007-bond-01.jpg

SPECTRE-007-Bond-03.jpg

SPECTRE-007-Bond-02.jpg

SPECTRE-007-Marco-01.jpg

SPECTRE-007-Bond-005.jpg
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,310
    That brief train fight clip looked incredible and I LOVE the fact there is no score underneath.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does anyone know when the Graham Norton special is tomorrow?
    RC7 wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    Everything the critics have said is exactly what I expected, including this unfortunately:

"...and thrifty when it comes to character development. The Bond Gi
    Everything the critics have said is exactly what I expected, including this unfortunately:

"...and thrifty when it comes to character development. The Bond Gi
    Sorry, I was writing a response and the thread went haywire on me as it often does. Everything I typed disappeared. Now there are two meaningless posts above and I never even hit "post comment". Don't have time to write my comment again.

@RC7 In short, I'm speculating as to how I feel which is something I often do. Certainly I haven't made up my mind after not having even seen the film. That would be crazy.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,598
    Zekidk wrote: »

Wow, thanks for that! I've been to Copenhagen many times and have lived in Denmark, including Copenhagen, although just for 3 months. I lived in Kalundborg for a year on a student exchange when I was 18. Very nice to see.
    Metacritic has it at 70, RT at 7.2

I know it's early to tell.

Anyway, I'm glad the reviews are mostly good. Nowhere near the euphoria in 2012 though.

And many saying SP is not as good as SF leaves me worried :)) (a tiny bit) :))

Let's be honest, where a lot of people were waiting to love SF, a lot were waiting to hate SP. There's a video, which I now can't find, of four blokes doing a quick review outside the Odeon. The guy in the middle is basically gagging to say how he doesn't like it, not with a look of disappointment, but a look of restrained glee. There are too many people like that these days, even Bond fans. It's laughable. If I were to not like a film my overriding emotion would be disappointment. me people just revel in baselessly knocking things.

@RC7 The guy with the glasses, I think you mean. I cannot stand when people behave like that. It's almost being smug that a film didn't impress you. It's how people act when they think they understand how a magic trick is done. :-w

I think you guy's are overreacting. They all seemed perfectly fine to me. Not everyone is going to like the film. "A bit slow in parts" Sounds great! I'm NOT being sarcastic. This is what I like to hear. Frankly, I can't help thinking that the general consensus among general movie goers and not Bond fans is that SF will be the better film but maybe I'm wrong. SF didn't follow the formula which was great and most non hardcore Bond fans I think, appreciated this. We also had a Bond at his weakest and most vulnerable for a while. It's something they can't really do again in these films or at least not for a while. SF was one out of the book. Having said this, I still liked CR a little more.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 725
    I've tried to figure out my problem with SF. I didn't dislike it when I first saw it, I just didn't love it. I think as you note, it was not at all a typical Bond film. The critics loved it because of the drama, the great ensemble cast, and the subject of an aging, weakened Bond, probably a topic near and dear to the heart of every critic who can be replaced in a nano second. But to me it wasn't really a Bond film. So that is maybe what we are seeing with some of the reviewers who wanted more of the same. While those of us who wanted a return, not to cheesy Bond, but to a witty, less dark and tragic Bond, may be happy with SP, others who loved SF including some of the critical reviewers of SP, maybe not so much.

smitty wrote: »
    I've tried to figure out my problem with SF. I didn't dislike it when I first saw it, I just didn't love it. I think as you note, it was not at all a typical Bond film. The critics loved it because of the drama, the great ensemble cast, and the subject of an aging, weakened Bond, probably a topic near and dear to the heart of every critic who can be replaced in a nano second. But to me it wasn't really a Bond film. So that is maybe what we are seeing with some of the reviewers who wanted more of the same. While those of us who wanted a return, not to cheesy Bond, but to a witty, less dark and tragic Bond, may be happy with SP, others who loved SF including some of the critical reviewers of SP, maybe not so much.

Agreed
    @Gustav_Graves You made my night with that pic of Fatima! Gotta love those pants :)
  • First US talk show appearance I've found:

Live with Kelly & Michael

Tuesday 3rd Nov Ralph Fiennes
    Thursday 5th Nov Daniel Craig
    Friday 6th Nov Christoph Waltz

Since this tapes in NY, I would expect some or all of these three might also do Fallon/Myers/Colbert in the same week

• For the first time ever in France, there will be a short-lived special TV channel with all the Bond movies. And Skyfall will premiere on French TV a few days before the release of Spectre. This is the first positive promotion of the movie (Sam Smith didn't chart well, the "wrists" interview was all over the media, etc).
    Watch @BBCBreakfast's James Bond #SPECTRE special with @colingpaterson this morning at 8:50. Edited @GreenRockTV
    Another one worth listening to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06j6t8r
    Hmmm, doesn't sound good:

http://whatculture.com/film/spectre-review-disappointing-but-fun-james-bond-is-ridiculous-again.php/2

"One dimensional characters, a rushed, regurgitative script..."

Certainly there are many things that look good about this film but for me, the top two are the most important. Well, Bond is Bond. Should have known it would be just too much to continue with Skyfall's more dimensional characters. Still, it's not like most of the other Bond films outside of the Brosnan era (don't like the Brosnan movies) have had multi layered characters and I've always been a big fan of them. It's just that with after CR and SF, I thought we'd get more of the same in the way of character movement. I'm not against the formula otherwise I probably wouldn't be a Bond fan. Well, I'll go into IMAX, Shanghai in November, expecting part Moore part later Connery outings and maybe it will be a lot of fun but not quite what I hoped for in terms of getting a little extra something in the way of characters. We'll see...
    Seems, after many asked for more fun and less drama, now that we got that, some don't like it. Others do. IMO the audiences will pretty much go for it. Its fun, its entertaining, what you ask from a popcorn blickbuster
    Hmmm, doesn't sound good:

http://whatculture.com/film/spectre-review-disappointing-but-fun-james-bond-is-ridiculous-again.php/2

One dimensional characters, a rushed, regurgitative script...

Certainly there are many things that look good about this film but for me, the top two are the most important. Well, Bond is Bond. Should have known it would be just too much to continue with Skyfall's more dimensional characters. Still, it's not like most of the other Bond films outside of the Brosnan era (don't like the Brosnan movies) have had multi layered characters and I've always been a big fan of them. It's just that with after CR and SF, I thought we'd get more of the same in the way of character movement. I'm not against the formula otherwise I probably wouldn't be a Bond fan. Well, I'll go into IMAX, Shanghai in November, expecting part Moore part later Connery outings and maybe it will be a lot of fun but not quite what I hoped for. We'll see...

WhatCulture was extensively reporting on the SonyLeaks earlier this year. I am not surprised they review "SPECTRE" with in mind that so called 'bad script'.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Seems, after many asked for more fun and less drama, now that we got that, some don't like it. Others do. IMO the audiences will pretty much go for it. Its fun, its entertaining, what you ask from a popcorn blickbuster

Yep, now critics are criticising Bond for being the Bond we all know and love. The media can be a bunch of real arse-clowns.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Hi, off topic. It's rather odd that Barb and Michael have stayed in the Shadows for the PR for this film. I know Michael was unwell during filming. Barbs though it usually doing the rounds with interviews she seems to be taking a quieter approach on Spectre.