SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Well, obviously she's the secondary Bond Girl here. I don't think an earlier interpretation of development of her role had her exactly in mind, she probably came at a later stage before the leaked scripts emerged.

I think she's just there to satisfy some of the Bond fans who demanded to see her in a Bond film. Not that I'm complaining. ;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So finally the movie will finish with the glorious line We Have All The Time In The World? Have you read anything about this?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I read in a review that Waltz will not appear until the last third of the movie.

That really bothers me and I hope that was a typo. I mean how little screen time will Waltz have??
    Already sounds like Denbigh or Hinx will be the main villains.

Who cares? Look at when Dr.No showed up and he's arguably a top 5 or even 3 villain in the whole series. Hinx as a henchman rightfully needs more screen time than Waltz.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    it seems there is a torture scene in the movie. Maybe they brought it back from the first screenplay?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2
    i support Obama
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Not here ger123
    Is Spectre "SPECTRE Leaks Discussion", and in the title they are « LEAKS », is not just topic where we discuss on the spoilers who are in reviews...
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Hey, where's @dumwalker?? All those people he knows apparently lied to him.
  • I have studies the Sony leaks for days now but can't find much info on previous drafts - especially no documents. Anyone with more info on that? What kind of torture scene was there???
  • As some know I went to the preview screening yesterday, I was just curious how the Blofeld reveal was handled in the initial drafts (I haven't read any of the leaks).

My understanding is that the reveal in the film was re-written.

I'll use spoiler tags just in case:
    In the final film, Bond has been tied to a dentist's chair and is about to be lobotomized. As he wakes up he sees a white persian cat on the floor (which drew a laugh from the audience). As Bond awakens him and Oberhauser trade barbs, at this point the cat jumps on Craig's laps and says something like "Get off my pussy". Then Oberhauser comes to collect the cat and Bond addresses him as "Franz", at this point Oberhauser reveals that since killing his father he now goes by his Mother's family name and reveals his identity as Ernst Stravo Blofeld.

Totally corny.

However, I did get a thrill seeing Bond and Blofeld square up to each other in the finale, whilst Craig utters "You're a hard man to kill Blofeld".
    The audience are laughing during a torture scene? Never happened in Marathon Man
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Pierce2Daniel Thanks for this info.
    I wanted to ask you does this torture scene happen in Morocco or London?
    And finally I wanted to ask you how the finale in London unfolds?
    That sounds great @Pierce2Daniel, let's face it, Blofeld was never high drama! Even in OHMSS he is a cartoonish villain! btw does bond still throw away his gun at the end? is the OHMSS line still there? what about the song?
  • But Marathon Man wasn't a Bond film was it? It was a hard-hitting post-Watergate thriller. Bond needs levity and even CR gave us a few jokes in its bollock-thrashing sequence.
    "Get off my pussy". Mrs Slocombe? Please this can't be right?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,622
    As some know I went to the preview screening yesterday, I was just curious how the Blofeld reveal was handled in the initial drafts (I haven't read any of the leaks).

In the final film, Bond has been tied to a dentist's chair and is about to be lobotomized. As he wakes up he sees a white persian cat on the floor (which drew a laugh from the audience). As Bond awakens him and Oberhauser trade barbs, at this point the cat jumps on Craig's laps and says something like "Get off my pussy". Then Oberhauser comes to collect the cat and Bond addresses him as "Franz", at this point Oberhauser reveals that since killing his father he now goes by his Mother's family name and reveals his identity as Ernst Stravo Blofeld.

Totally corny.

However, I did get a thrill seeing Bond and Blofeld square up to each other in the finale, whilst Craig utters "You're a hard man to kill Blofeld".
    I hope you are playing with us. What you have above is not like anything in the Dec draft.
    @antovolk @aaron18 , can either of you confirm the above to be rubbish?
    Then again, the bit with the cat is a deft touch, connecting new Blofeld with classic screen Blofeld. Maybe the scene won't be so bad.
    Might be an improvement on Dec script, if done well.
    Doesn't have to be as cornball as described above.

But Marathon Man wasn't a Bond film was it? It was a hard-hitting post-Watergate thriller. Bond needs levity and even CR gave us a few jokes in its bollock-thrashing sequence.
    Has anyone heard the audience laugh during the torture scene in CR? Visually, the torture scene was spot on, it was Bond who used humour to defend himself. There were no pets jumping on to his lap.
    I think we are having our legs pulled a little?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,400
    timmer wrote: »
    As some know I went to the preview screening yesterday, I was just curious how the Blofeld reveal was handled in the initial drafts (I haven't read any of the leaks).

Totally corny.

I hope you are playing with us. What you have above is not like anything in the Dec draft.
    Then again, the bit with the cat is a deft touch, connecting new Blofeld with classic screen Blofeld. Maybe the scene won't be so bad.

Like I said, I don't know anything about the drafts. I've only seen the finished film.

In the film (once again, even those who have read the scripts may not want to read on):
    Blofeld is Oberhauser's mother's maiden name. He tells Bond whilst he picks up his cat. Simple.

He later gets the traditional scar, which looks fantastic btw (it comes courtesy of an exploding watch)! He also has a milked out eye a bit like Le Chiffre.

In regards to the other questions:
    Bond does throw his gun off the Westminister bridge after Blofeld is captured. I have to say Craig does it rather flamboyantly. He's in full Roger Moore mode.

There is no OHMSS final line. the last piece of dialogue is between Bond and Q. The final shot is Bond and Swann driving off into London with the bond theme blaring out. It's a great ending.

The torture scene is less successful, it's in Morocco and it's groanworthy. I did not like it. The lighting isn't great, the set is bland, Waltz's trousers are weird (waaaaay too much ankle), Craig is overacting to the hilt and the CGI is a little dodgy. Also there are slight overtones of the Steven Moffat Doctor Who-era 'love conquers all' to it. It's shit

Totally corny.

Oh my god. I hope that's not true.
    The scene in the december script is much better with Blofeld not knowing that he's Blofeld. That was a cool "in your face"scene, when Bond asks him "Who's the cookoo now?"
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal

Totally corny.

Like I said, I don't know anything about the drafts. I've only seen the finished film.

In the film (once again, even those who have read the scripts may not want to read on):
    Blofeld is Oberhauser's mother's maiden name. He tells Bond whilst he picks up his cat. Simple.

He later gets the traditional scar, which looks fantastic btw (it comes courtesy of an exploding watch)! He also has a milked out eye a bit like Le Chiffre.

Bond does throw his gun off the Westminister bridge after Blofeld is captured. I have to say Craig does it rather flamboyantly. He's in full Roger Moore mode.

There is no OHMSS final line. the last piece of dialogue is between Bond and Q. The final shot is Bond and Swann driving off into London with the bond theme blaring out. It's a great ending.

The torture scene is less successful, it's in Morocco and it's groanworthy. I did not like it. The lighting isn't great, the set is bland, Waltz's trousers are weird (waaaaay too much ankle), Craig is overacting to the hilt and the CGI is a little dodgy. Also there are slight overtones of the Steven Moffat Doctor Who-era 'love conquers all' to it. It's shit

Hi guys, sorry to bother you @Pierce2Daniel but i have another question. I have read the DEC script, and in the movie (contrary to the script) its M that kills C, right? Is that at the same time Bond confronts ESB in the Mi6 building? thanks
    .. and about the Titles sequence. How would you compare it with previous Daniel Kleinman's ones? Better? Worse? Just different?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    patb wrote: »
    "Get off my pussy". Mrs Slocombe? Please this can't be right?

Sounds like the writers got Are You Being Served? and Air Force One ("Get off my plane.") mixed up.
  • Anyone who knows about the gun barrel. Is there the traditional blood running down the screen ?
    Anyone who knows about the gun barrel. Is there the traditional blood running down the screen ?
    ... And is Bond in a tuxedo or wearing a suit and tie?

• edited October 2015 Posts: 3,164

Totally corny.

The reviews do mention the torture scene so that is legit....but yeah - the reveal seems like this is combining elements of the October draft (with the 'I killed my father' bit) and the December with the family name. What's a shame really is that it seems that they indeed did keep the familial connection in some respects. What I loved about the version of the reveal in the December script is that it was subversive of previous similar 'big reveals' like Khan/John Harrison in Star Trek Into Darkness, in which it was Bond who did the reveal, saying that Oberhauser was in fact adopted by the Oberhauser family much like Bond, despite him saying that he is the real Oberhauser son, and that his real name in Blofeld.

We'll have to see how that's done on screen but on paper, IMO the December version is more subtle. But, it wouldn't work in the context of the torture scene. It seems the poker game scene has been indeed cut and replaced with that.

Totally corny.

You don't need spoiler tags ever in this thread.
    That was established at thread creation.
    The whole point of the thread is to.suss out as much info as possible pre release!
    So thanks for the great spoilers!

• patb wrote: »
    [
    Has anyone heard the audience laugh during the torture scene in CR?

After "Now the whole world's gonna know that you died scratching my balls!" Not so much belly laughs but sniggers.