Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Official)

December can't come quickly enough !
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Thank you for titling this thread "Star Wars" and NOT "Star Wars: A New Hope" or "Star Wars: Episode IV"
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,813
    I'd sure like to see Luke, besides that same shot of his hand on R2 I mean.
    It makes me wonder if the rumors are true that he just has a cameo at the end (bummer)
    Oh well. That just means his big reveal will be that much more epic!

lol My facebook wall is littered with people suggesting that Luke is actually Kylo Ren- which I almost would believe if not for the pictures of him without the mask and it's just plain ol' Adam Driver :D

Superb trailer though- must have watched it 20 times already!

Regarding the poster, is that another Death Star? Or just something completely different? I'm wondering if it's an actual planet with a big giant weapon on it, since it looks like it has an atmosphere. Or then again, maybe it's a 'Death Star', but for the good guys this time? Either way, the design is cool. Guess we'll see!

*Edit* If this is Death Star III, I certainly hope they cover up that pesky exhaust port this time! ;)
    Holy shit, I knew that it was all true, the Dark Side, the Jedi, and all, but hearing it directly from the man himself is f***ing intimidating!
    @Thunderfinger has almost ruined this trailer for me as I can't forget his Donald Duck remark :)) Also why is there a beach ball at 0.20?

But...that music...it's...it's...wonderful.
    There is only going to be one movie over Christmas, that is an epic trailer IMHO, excitement overload for anyone who is a Bond/Star Wars fan, all too much to take in
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,602
    I know many have been waiting a long time for this movie, three years ago, on another forum, I tried to guess/create a plot. I think I may be right on Lukes role:

"Going one step futher, if Carrie Fisher (unlikely as Fisher hates SW by all reports) and Harrison Ford can be pursueded to return (Ford will do anything for the right pay check) , for the first 20 mins of the movie, then a great start would be them being murdered by a Boba Fett clone, son and daughter retuned home to find mum and dad dead and chewy uncouncious and badly injured. They treat cheewy and save him .

Middle section is the three of them trying to find Uncle Luke, their only family left, experiencing hints of The Force during the adventure,

last 1/3, they find Uncle Luke who they have never met. Luke, reflecting Guinnes, has become a recluse and cant relate to humans, having just the 2 antiquted robots as his friends. He has struggled with the reposnsibilty of The Force and has not used it for twenty years. When heariing that his Sister and Hans have been murdered, revenge seeks him to relearn the force and teach this to his neice and nephew. Baba Fett tracks them down with the help of a new "baddy" that we get to know better in SW 8, the finally is a fight where Baba Fett is killed by Luke but Cheewy is criticaly injured whilst trying to save the young heroes by the new baddy. During ending, its revealled that Baba Fett let Chewy live during their first battle but planted a tracker in him, knowing that , due to the The Force connecting them, the neice and nephew were the only ones who could find him.

SW 8 is then set up with 2 new heroes helping Luke out of his "dark time" and a new baddy who the audience hate as he killed Chewy."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It wouldn't surprise me if this movie makes 2 billion + dollars. That trailer...gave me the feels...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't much care for Kylo Ren's voice (assuming that was him saying "I'm going to finish what he started"), but other than that, this trailer is g*ddamn magnificent.

So, 30 years after Return of the Jedi, the Jedi have to return again? Nobody seems to know about them, if Han has to clarify rumors.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Tickets booked 17th 8pm, that trailer gave me goose bumps and I've only watched it on my phone so far, will firing up the 40" 4K to savour it tonight

This is the way to do it, tease with amazing visual and little dialogue moments but I still don't really know the story.

I do think if SPECTRE is a good as it looks TFA might have to go some to be at it's level ( for me at least) but this trailer certainly gives me a great amount of hope.

As someone who stood in line in 1978 aged 6, this fills me with that same boyish anticipation and puts a huge grin on my face, seriously can't wait.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    This will crush Avatar's Box Office, holy cow have you seen the trailer??!

74 million: guess what this number is!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Excellent trailer. Probably the best one since SF's teaser from early 2012 imho.

I'm not sure what John Boyega's role is here, but he seems like a weak link from the trailer (somewhat expressionless). I'm hoping my concerns are proven unwarranted. Daisy Ridley, however, impressed here.
    This looks epic!!! Less CGI makes it look so more realistic!
    TripAces wrote: »
    Thank you for titling this thread "Star Wars" and NOT "Star Wars: A New Hope" or "Star Wars: Episode IV"

Well I believe this thread is about the franchise in whole anyway.

It'll always be "Episode IV: A New Hope" to me. Just when I grew up

Fantastic trailer. Already bought my tickets
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Possibly a spoiler, but it's right there in the trailer so.....

W2hsbK8.png
    Anybody else notice who it looks like standing on the far left of this image??
    There's no way they'd let that sort of thing leak...would they?
    I love the new trailer, but is Mark Hamill even in this movie?
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Boy ... this trailer sure brought me memories from my childhood!!
    The music remind me so much of TheEmpireStrikesBack. Loved it!
    This one i am going to see with my son (9 years old), already a fan!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    100 million views on Youtube!!!!! Trailers 1-3. Unbelievable!!
  • RC7RC7
    The music remind me so much of TheEmpireStrikesBack.

It is from ESB.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen a whole star wars film from beginning to end?
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen a whole star wars film from beginning to end?

No. My wife hasn't.
    RC7 wrote: »

It is from ESB.
    My bad!! Totally right!
    ^:)^
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Get out. Now.

Seriously, though, why? Do you not have 2 hours to spare in your life to watch one?

It is from ESB.
    My bad!! Totally right!

No .. it is THE Empire strikes back. Or were you just confirming what i said? I thought you were correcting me @RC7 cheers

• RC7RC7

It is from ESB.
    My bad!! Totally right!

No .. it is THE Empire strikes back. Or were you just confirming what i said? I thought you were correcting me @RC7 cheers

Yes, just confirming!

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Get out. Now.

Seriously, though, why? Do you not have 2 hours to spare in your life to watch one?

I tend to stick on jurassic park or bond in my spare time. I've never felt interested in exploring the universe. I will one day I'm sure but just seems a bit boring to me. All that jedi stuff so dull so dull.

I'm assuming you guys recommend them? Aha

• edited October 2015 Posts: 5,767

Get out. Now.

I tend to stick on jurassic park or bond in my spare time. I've never felt interested in exploring the universe. I will one day I'm sure but just seems a bit boring to me. All that jedi stuff so dull so dull.

I'm assuming you guys recommend them? Aha

Weak the force in this one is.

BAIN123 wrote: »
    @Thunderfinger has almost ruined this trailer for me as I can't forget his Donald Duck remark :))
    Well,... he was so... right...

RogueAgent wrote: »
    This looks epic!!! Less CGI makes it look so more realistic!
    You should have added a winking emoticon, I almost thought you are serious, despite the trailer being 95% CGI ;-).
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Empire is the good one. The rest range from meh to downright awful
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    The people in the rain are - MAJOR SPOILER so don't look if you don't want to know!
    The Knights of Ren. Responsible for a murderous attack on...