SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Forgettable pieces if you ask me. John Barry's melodies were so much more crisp, clear and memorable.
    I am not here to discuss taste. But facts. So please stop moving the goalpost. You were saying that the main themes during Arnold's reign wasn't "clear when it comes to the "song being incorporated into the score". Not if they to you are "memorable", likeable, crisp or whatever.
    No use to anger yourself over...
    Wow... guess we got ourselves a local psychiatrist here ;-)
    The official 007 social channels confirmed it'll be the first track premiering on Classic FM - Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 7,500
    I also hope to see the theme song play a bigger role in the score this time. But I doubt it will happen. Mostly because the score was set to be recorded so soon after Smith's song was announced, which implies that most of, if not all the music was written already. Or I might be wrong. Maybe the producers had decided on the theme song well in advance and notified Newman about it? I don't know. But I guess other people here know more than me about how a production process like this works. Any speculations?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jobo wrote: »
    I also hope to see the theme song play a bigger role in the score this time. But I doubt it will happen. Mostly because the score was set to be recorded so soon after Smith's song was announced, which implies that most of, if not all the music was written already. Or I might be wrong. Maybe the producers had decided on the theme song well in advance and notified Newman about it? I don't know. But I guess other people here know more than me about how a production process like this works. Any speculations?
    It's possible Smith sent Newman a demo of the tune during the early stages of writing the score.
  • RC7RC7
    Smith recorded in January, so ample time.
    jake24 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    It's possible Smith sent Newman a demo of the tune during the early stages of writing the score.

But that wouldn't help if it wasn't yet decided which tune would be the theme song...
    Some new footage in this OMEGA spot:
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What a great line :))

[Q hands Bond Omega watch]

"Does it do anything?"
    "It tells the time."
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,164
    So Classic FM just uploaded a clip from "Donna Lucia"!
    https://audioboom.com/boos/3693007-spectre-soundtrack-clip-donna-lucia
    Here it is also on YouTube:
    What a great line :))

[Q hands Bond Omega watch]

"Does it do anything?"
    "It tells the time."

:)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I LOVE IT !!! IT"S DIFFERENT
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    antovolk wrote: »
    So Classic FM just uploaded a clip from "Donna Lucia"!
    https://audioboom.com/boos/3693007-spectre-soundtrack-clip-donna-lucia
    Here it is also on YouTube:
    Not a bad ambient. I quite like this one.

Let's see what the other tracks contain.
    Wow a lot of Grand Bazaar in that track. Interesting.
    Not bad. But not great either. So far. But if the two tracks we've heard so far are suppose to be among the best tracks on the soundtrack, I'm worried.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    zambunipr Adam Holdsworth of @n_peal_1936 chats to press about their involvement in the most recent two #bond films #Skyfall & #Spectre! Not long to go until the release of Spectre! #jamesbond #mayfair #london #cashmere #npeal #jamesbond 13min

http://websta.me/p/1096244606394428765_397891274

• MarcFC15MarcFC15 London
    For a minute there I actually thought they were playing 'Grand Bazaar' by accident. Sounds way too similar. Miss the John Barry glory years
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    zambunipr French press gather in the @n_peal_1936 Burlington Arcade store for a private viewing of the sweaters featured in #Spectre & #Skyfall #jamesbond #style #menswear #npeal #cashmere #london #mayfair 37min

12139584_543971902419605_564502069_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1096235162667314328_397891274

zambunipr All the sweaters featured in #JamesBond by @n_peal_1936 being papped! #celeb #spectre #Skyfall #style #menswear #cashmere #quality #london #mayfair #jamesbond 36min

12106118_499497070211926_937863938_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1096237224486497483_397891274

The track is called Backfire:
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've just listened to the FM Preview... It's a rehearsal of the Skyfall soundtrack with the same cliche repeated all over again. I'm far from being impressed if not disappointed... But ah well... I guess time will prove me wrong.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    So no dias de Los muertos?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I'm pretty sure there's going to be a reason why he recycled Grand Bazaar.
    Scamp wrote: »
    BBC website says SPECTRE cast are guests on Graham Norton a week on Friday, 23rd October.

Goodie.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 95
    Sounds like SF. Which to me is a good thing!
    We have been hugely spoiled by John Barry during his Bond-tenure! Everyone else on a Bond score sounds generic compared to him. It's all just functional music during the movie, not for an albumlistening.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Deleted. Duplicate
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34346075/bond-film-when-grimmy-went-behind-the-scenes-of-spectre

Radio 1 Grimmy behind the scenes of Spectre interviews with production/wardrobe/SFX etc.
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer To Allegedly Debut With Spectre. The first full cinematic trailer will feature in cinemas prior to showings of Spectre.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Soundtrack track list from Amazon
    1. Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
    2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental)
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    18. Day Of The Dead (featuring Tambuco)
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)
    Thanks for posting this.

Should probably have put this in spoiler as it gives an indication to what locations/sections of the film appear in.