SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Thanks very much. I'm trying to see if I can sky plus a radio station on the TV.

I really enjoyed newmans sky fall score.

Good Morning Britain celebrates the return of Britain's favourite secret agent with our James Bond season.

It's an explosive season of behind-the-scenes exclusives, Spectre stars and surprises for your eyes only... we'll leave you shaken and stirred from Thursday 15 October!

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/entertainment

DTD
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    People outside the UK can listen to it via the website if you use Google Chrome and download the Hola extension.
    Gonna be asleep, would appreciate if someone recorded. Can't wait to hear this soundtrack!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    jake24 wrote: »
    People outside the UK can listen to it via the website if you use Google Chrome and download the Hola extension.

And via that way you can record the soundoutput of the computer.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    IMAX Sydney just posted this photo of the October issue of Film Ink.

VBiG9AC.jpg
    It´s disgusting that we get such lousy poster "art", when there are such good fotos around...

JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Massive news: Classic FM will air the score (unknown how much of it through) tomorrow 10:30am
    http://www.classicfm.com/composers/newman/news/james-bond-spectre-soundtrack/

Do you have the ability to record this?

I'd love to listen to it as well.
    Like I said, I'll do my best to record it and put the tracks up on YouTube or otherwise.
  • RC7RC7
    Like I said, I'll do my best to record it and put the tracks up on YouTube or otherwise.

Would be much appreciated. I have a meeting at 10:30, Sod's law.
    RC7 wrote: »

Would be much appreciated. I have a meeting at 10:30, Sod's law.

I've got training all day. I beat you, my day will suck more.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Daniel, Christoph and Léa will be on French TV on the 30th October

CRR56XaWUAEHfrr.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If TV appearances are lining up soon, shouldn't we be getting clips, too?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 117
    BBC website says SPECTRE cast are guests on Graham Norton a week on Friday, 23rd October.
    Massive news: Classic FM will air the score (unknown how much of it through) tomorrow 10:30am

CAN.

SOMEONE.

DOWNLOAD.

THE ENTIRE.

SHOW????

=P~

CAN.

SOMEONE.

DOWNLOAD.

THE ENTIRE.

SHOW????

=P~

If the show has interview and stuff with Newman, yes. If it's just the tracks from the score, I'll upload just the tracks.

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    boldfinger wrote: »
    It´s disgusting that we get such lousy poster "art", when there are such good fotos around...

I agree, many of the fan-made posters were miles more creative without photo material. In terms of official photos, this one would be my favourite as a poster:
    51DTlntNSrL._SX418_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to hearing a bit of the score tomorrow - hope it doesn't disappoint!

• Great news. Looking forward to hearing it. The classic FM website won't let listeners outside of the UK listen to the station via the website. We can use this link to listen to the radio station

http://tunein.com/radio/Classic-FM-1009-s8439/

happy listening
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How much of the soundtrack do you think they'll preview? Surely they won't play all 100+ minutes of it.
  • @jake24 my guess would be small extracts from the score. Maybe cues that appear on the CD release.
    Soundtrack track list from Amazon
    1. Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
    2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental)
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    18. Day Of The Dead (featuring Tambuco)
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 850
    Well, these guys who make the CD are not able to class the ost on the apparition order again... fuck.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Guess this confirms that Newman will use it during the movie?
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    jake24 wrote: »
    How much of the soundtrack do you think they'll preview? Surely they won't play all 100+ minutes of it.

Didn't they (or maybe it was another site) showcase about three tracks for Skyfall? I believe it was something like New Digs, Severine and The Moors (from memory).

edited October 2015 Posts: 10,588
    1. Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
    2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    18. Day Of The Dead (featuring Tambuco)
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)
    Thanks for posting this.
    Zekidk wrote: »

Why is everyone longing so much for the "song being incorporated into the score" :-). Really, I don't care so much for it. The only composer who really knew how to do that was John Barry. And even then......ever since Michael Kamen's score for "LTK" there hasn't been so much cooperation between the main composer of the score and the composer of the song. And although David Arnold did do it very well in "TND", all his following Bond scores were way more suggestive and less clear when it comes to the "song being incorporated into the score".

Just..........please guys.........try to enjoy Thomas Newman's score a bit before thinking too much in formularic tropes that sometimes make us kill off the pleasure before fully indulging into it.
  • MarcFC15MarcFC15 London
    Satorious wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

I agree, many of the fan-made posters were miles more creative without photo material. In terms of official photos, this one would be my favourite as a poster:
    51DTlntNSrL._SX418_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to hearing a bit of the score tomorrow - hope it doesn't disappoint!

Agree this should have been used for a poster

• edited October 2015 Posts: 3,169

Why is everyone longing so much for the "song being incorporated into the score" :-). Really, I don't care so much for it.
    But you care to post an opinion that you don't care ;-)
    The only composer who really knew how to do that was John Barry. And although David Arnold did do it very well in "TND", all his following Bond scores were way more suggestive and less clear when it comes to the "song being incorporated into the score".
    Really?

Just..........please guys.........try to enjoy Thomas Newman's score a bit before thinking too much in formularic tropes that sometimes make us kill off the pleasure before fully indulging into it.
    Thank you for the advice. Although his moviescores - for me - are not bad, but not really fantastic or memorable either, just rather generic, I'm hoping that SP will prove me wrong.

Why is everyone longing so much for the "song being incorporated into the score" :-). Really, I don't care so much for it.
    But you care to post an opinion that you don't care ;-)
    The only composer who really knew how to do that was John Barry. And although David Arnold did do it very well in "TND", all his following Bond scores were way more suggestive and less clear when it comes to the "song being incorporated into the score".
    Really?

Forgettable pieces if you ask me. John Barry's melodies were so much more crisp, clear and memorable. The only truly memorable composition that David Arnold used throughout a Bond film, was his song "Surrender". Now THAT was a good melody. IMO the only good exception where a composer used the song throughout the score. Michael Kamen's "LTK", Eric Serra's "GoldenEye", David Arnold's last two scores ("DAD", "CR" and "QOS") and Thomas Newman's "Skyfall"....all suffered from this. But I think it's hardly their mistake.

EON adopted the trend, already with "TLD", to contract famous singers for the title song, without bringing in the lead composer of the score. John Barry already was a bit of a victim to that. As a 'revenge' he extensively scored motifs around two other songs. But one can not expect that from composers who are not given full creative control over the entire music process of a Bond film by EON Ltd.

And then my point really is: No use to anger yourself over the "lack of song material used throughout the rest of the score". It's useless and on many occasions also a bit unfair towards the composer (this time around Thomas Newman).
  • RC7RC7
    Forgettable pieces if you ask me.

That wasn't his point. This is DA weaving his YKMN melody into the score. Perfectly imo. To say they are forgettable is sheer stubbornness. The score and theme work in perfect harmony, whenever you hear that melody it screams CR.