Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Roger weighs in, for some reason...and suggests two of the don't-stand-a-chance usual suspects.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3272524/Roger-Moore-says-Hugh-Jackman-Damian-Lewis-play-Bond.html
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    It's my understanding that Bab's already interviewed Jackman during the CR auditions and allegedly dismissed him as 'too fey'.

Damian Lewis would have been interesting, if cast 10 yrs ago instead of Craig. He is a charismatic actor and is fun to watch but is too much in the DC mold imho, and also too old.

I think they need a clear break with DC to avoid (unfavourable) comparisons.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I don't buy the "fey" story. I've seen Hugh interviewed and we've seen what a bad ass screen persona he has when needed. Of any of the actors mentioned I think he could pull off both the charm of Moore and the coldness of Craig. At this point though age is factor.
    I agree. Jackman was excellent in the Prisoners, and could have made a good Bond in his prime.

I never really believed the 'fey' rumour but I recall it got quite a bit of press back in the day. They definitely spoke with him at one point but decided against him for some reason.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    There was one scene in Prisoners where he was more intimidating than any character I've ever seen in a movie. I kept thinking that the actor he was playing against must have been a bit unnerved.
  • Been rewatching Luther recently and seeing Paul Mcgann reminded me that he could've been Bond. I think he would've done a good job. He's got great charisma and screen presence.

He's also one of the most unlucky actors I can think of. I mean he's been getting work, good work, consistently for decades, but he never really achieved the leading man status he should have done. And he had three big chances that sadly went tits up for him

He was meant to play Sharpe. He got the part but broke his leg almost as soon as filming started, and they had to replace him with Sean Bean (who really got his big break with that character).

He was up for James Bond, iirc he was the back up plan if Brosnan wasn't available for Goldeneye. But Brosnan was available, so he missed out.

Then there was Doctor Who. Big relaunch of the series, US co production, and he has the lead role. The TV movie pilot didn't get good ratings in America, so it wasn't picked up to series. Ten years later they did revive the show again, with a successful BBC production, but he was replaced with Christopher Eccleston. Paul Mcgann didn't get another on screen appearance in the role until 2013.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    I don't buy the "fey" story. I've seen Hugh interviewed and we've seen what a bad ass screen persona he has when needed.
    hj-boy-fro-oz.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond shaking loose on a Saturday night. I blame the benzedrine.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    What about Scottish actor Richard Madden? If Craig will star in B25 he'll have the right age to play 007 in B26 (2020/2021[?]).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU76ZKhcMeqdsZKNOJ_LKoakI5RExzqI6IMNCe9pjoTvJvGyowkw
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    edited October 2015 Posts: 127
    Let's steer away from the "usual suspects" discussion shall we? History teaches us that those short lists presented by the media are usually rubbish.

I would like to propose a serious list of candidates:

- Emun Elliott
    - Charlie Hunnam
    - Dan Stevens
    - Richard Madden

Personally I think Kit Harrington could be on it as well, but a lot of fellow agents weren't interested. Candidates above fit the profile of a native English speaking, established actor who hasn't made it to an A-list status yet but do have potential and are in their early to mid-30's.

Please feel free to expand on the list/profile.
    Charlie Hunnam would be a good choice if Craig will leave after Spectre... If Craig will complete his 5 movies journey I would prefer someone a little bit younger... like Madden.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Let's steer away from the "usual suspects" discussion shall we? History teaches us that those short lists presented by the media are usually rubbish.

I would like to propose a serious list of candidates:

- Emun Elliott
    - Charlie Hunnam
    - Dan Stevens
    - Richard Madden

Personally I think Kit Harrington could be on it as well, but a lot of fellow agents weren't interested. Candidates above fit the profile of a native English speaking, established actor who hasn't made it to an A-list status yet but do have potential and are in their early to mid-30's.

Please feel free to expand on the list/profile.

Emun Elliott is my first choice, I think just like Craig he is on the verge of the role that defines him as an actor, I am slo a bit biased because he is Scottish and the prospect of having the first Scot since Connery excites me. Believe Aidan Turner would fall into that category as well as Alex Pettyfer a young British actor who was lead in the film I am Number 4.

28tetc3.jpg
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Emun Elliot - Just that picture below, that's the next Bond for me. Don't change a thing, the look the style. Perfect.

317fpfb.jpg
    2q3zvrs.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    The suggestions are getting better. Darker and harder edge. Acting skills a must. Charisma and presence a definite must.
    Emun Elliot? Too short to play Bond.
    Appreciate the input! Let's put the hobbit and Number 4 on the list:

- Emun Elliott
    - Charlie Hunnam
    - Dan Stevens
    - Richard Madden
    - Aidan Turner
    - Alex Pettyfer

Meanwhile, can someone with connections 'leak' this list to one of the tabloids? For once it wouldn't hurt if they'd publish some sincere speculation.

edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    According to Google he is 2CM taller than Craig.

Elliot 1.8
    Craig 1.78
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    STEVENS, DAN STEVENS
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,343

Elliot 1.8
    Craig 1.78

According to IMDb.com he's 5 cm shorter than Craig... 1.73.

600full-emun-elliott.jpg

Mathis should give him some of his pills. Don't know if he's a good actor or not, BTW... ^:)^
    This is my pick. Jack Huston. Effortlessly cool, he'd nail it.
    jack-huston-at-event-of-not-fade-away-2012-large-picture.jpg
    matt_u wrote: »

Elliot 1.8
    Craig 1.78

According to IMDb.com he's 5 cm shorter than Craig...

I would take Google over IMDB any day, even if it was if he has the look, the talent do you think EON say "Dam, I wish he was 5CM taller" no way.
    Plenty of options for Michael and Barbara.

The serious contenders for the 7th 007:
    - Emun Elliott
    - Charlie Hunnam
    - Dan Stevens
    - Richard Madden
    - Aidan Turner
    - Alex Pettyfer
    - Jack Huston

Plenty of options for Michael and Barbara.

The serious contenders for the 7th 007:
    - Emun Elliott
    - Charlie Hunnam
    - Dan Stevens
    - Richard Madden
    - Aidan Turner
    - Alex Pettyfer
    - Jack Huston

- Jack O'Connell -not my cup of tea but clearly talent, Older, he could be good.
    A Bond actor has to be tall.
    Rather another blonde one than a short one!
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,343

I would take Google over IMDB any day, even if it was if he has the look, the talent do you think EON say "Dam, I wish he was 5CM taller" no way.

I would take IMDb to be honest... BYW can u imagine that guy fighting on a crane or jumping from a roof? He doesn't have a strong presence IMHO. I would choose another Scottish actor, Madden.

Go an look at a ruler and see the size of 5cm. Are you telling me that you have a perfect, incredible actor who wants the part. And you say "sorry you were 5cm away from being Bond, so we will need to keep looking". Nonsense its not 1980 anymore, Barbs will chose on talent before anything so preposterous.

edited October 2015 Posts: 127
    @SirHilaryBray, not exactly the looker is he, Jack O'Connell? Angelina Jolie seems taller than he is (5' 8"), although I'm not particularly interested in that bloody length-discussion either.

ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjIyNjk5Nzg1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI5MjQ1MzE@._V1__SX1234_SY565_.jpg

Go an look at a ruler and see the size of 5cm. Are you telling me that you have a perfect, incredible actor who wants the part. And you say "sorry you were 5cm away from being Bond, so we will need to keep looking". Nonsense its not 1980 anymore, Barbs will chose on talent before anything so preposterous.

I want Bond to resemble Flemings vision look wise.

5 cm is a lot by the way.
    I want Bond to resemble Flemings vision look wise.
    5 cm is a lot by the way.

Me too.
    Sorry guys that's just not important anymore. It will be the best candidates regardless of height, hair colour or whether he looks like Flemings drawing. I have a feeling initial disappoint awaits you both unless you look beyond that. Craig with maturity has moulded in to more of Fleming vision Bond, but you wouldn't have thought that when it was 1st announced. But talent and quality has changed a lot of people's opinions and with the best actor for the job hired regardless of looks the same can happen again.