Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Getafix wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    I just watched The Guest with Dan Stevens, and also checked some clips and interviews of him on youtube and as far as i'm concerned we can stop looking any further!
    This is the guy, he's perfect.
    Also it seems like he is getting the Bond question more and more in interviews, and he definitly seems interested.

Dan Stevens is the man to go with.
    I'm glad finally someone agrees with me :P

I've been mentioning Stevens as a possible for years on here.

Need to check out The Guest.

Didn't know that, in that case Bravo! I agree with you, Dan Stevens has been on my radar since years too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    9361414_1.jpg?v=8CC9B313C60B1B0
    Stan Laurel

Absolutely fantastic in the physical department, would be good in the fistfights. Great comedic timing, and please forget that stupid grin he put on while in character next to Oliver hardy. Notorious womanizer in real life

Rumour has it he is the real father of Clint Eastwwod.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    9361414_1.jpg?v=8CC9B313C60B1B0
    Stan Laurel

Absolutely fantastic in the physical department, would be good in the fistfights. Great comedic timing, and please forget that stupid grin he put on while in character next to Oliver hardy. Notorious womanizer in real life

Rumour has it he is the real father of Clint Eastwwod.

I'd rather have Hardy... Tom Hardy.

But then Laurel and Hardy ..the question continues...

=))
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Michael Fassbender will never be James Bond. Just discovered this:

According to a March 2010 blog post on TMZ, an ex-girlfriend accused Michael Fassbender of being violent towards her and filed a petition for a restraining order against him.
    The details as reported by TMZ are pretty horrific: his ex claimed he threw her over a chair, broke her nose, dragged her alongside her car, and caused her to twist her left ankle and blow out her left kneecap. In addition to a restraining order, she asked for $20,000 to cover medical expenses for her injuries. Upon further investigation, the charges filed by this ex against Fassbender were dropped. According to the celeb gossip blog Lainey Gossip, his ex withdrew her claims and “sources close to [the ex] say that she didn’t want to jeopardize his burgeoning career and worried that he may not be able to gain entry into the U.S. should he have had the case on record.”

Wow. If this true I can't imagine Barbara Broccoli would ever consider him. Barbara Broccoli was seriously sexually assaulted in her youth, sadly. This was disclosed in an interview a few years ago but it's not widely known/mentioned on the internet.

If there is any truth about Fassbender, I think he's a total no-no for Bond. Scratch him from the list!

Halle Berry knocked down and killed a man and fled the crime scene without phoning for an ambulance in 1997. Barbara still cast her.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    She did? Wow! Matthew Broderick did the same thing. Wow - some actors need to learn how to drive!
    She did? Wow! Mathew Broderick did the same thing. Wow - some actors need to learn how to drive!

So did former 1st Lady Laura Bush killed a friend with a car when she was 17. Rich people don't go to jail it would seem.
    I am relatively new to these forums. With DC, did anyone spot him in advance or was it a 100% surprise?
    Michael Fassbender will never be James Bond. Just discovered this:

According to a March 2010 blog post on TMZ, an ex-girlfriend accused Michael Fassbender of being violent towards her and filed a petition for a restraining order against him.
    The details as reported by TMZ are pretty horrific: his ex claimed he threw her over a chair, broke her nose, dragged her alongside her car, and caused her to twist her left ankle and blow out her left kneecap. In addition to a restraining order, she asked for $20,000 to cover medical expenses for her injuries. Upon further investigation, the charges filed by this ex against Fassbender were dropped. According to the celeb gossip blog Lainey Gossip, his ex withdrew her claims and “sources close to [the ex] say that she didn’t want to jeopardize his burgeoning career and worried that he may not be able to gain entry into the U.S. should he have had the case on record.”

Wow. If this true I can't imagine Barbara Broccoli would ever consider him. Barbara Broccoli was seriously sexually assaulted in her youth, sadly. This was disclosed in an interview a few years ago but it's not widely known/mentioned on the internet.

If there is any truth about Fassbender, I think he's a total no-no for Bond. Scratch him from the list!

Halle Berry knocked down and killed a man and fled the crime scene without phoning for an ambulance in 1997. Barbara still cast her.

A couple of accidents and leaving the scene, yes, but she didn't actually kill anyone, did she.

Christopher Lee stabbed people in their backs during the war. Would still make an excellent Bond.
    Well, not anymore he wouldn't, I'm afraid.
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Well, not anymore he wouldn't, I'm afraid.
    Who knows what they are up to on the other side?
    Ok, fair point.
  • patb wrote: »
    I am relatively new to these forums. With DC, did anyone spot him in advance or was it a 100% surprise?

Hi. No, Daniel's name was not on anyone's radar until late in the game. IIRC it was summer 2005 when Layer Cake was released in the US that his name started being mentioned. Meanwhile the media was putting out names like Clive Owen, Jude Law, Ewan McGregor, Gerard Butler etc. Here's an article from 2004 on who the "top candidates" are, its pretty hilarious :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4009157.stm
    Stan Laurel - excellent. And he's English.
    As much as I love Craig in the role, I wouldn't mind seeing what McGregor would have done.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Butler could have been good. Not for CR but certainly for Bond. He could have brought a tougher, Lewis Collins style edge.
    I think there were quite a few actors that could have easily been as good as Craig if not better.
    Ewan or Gerard definitely, I also think Clive Owen could have been good. He made some good movies.
    Dougray Scott may have been the best choice, better than Craig. When I heard his name back then I thought, great another Dalton!
    Why on earth did he not became Bond? Does anybody know?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If I remember right, Scott was tipped to take over with DAD and would've been cast then, had Brosnan not returned.
  • I think there were quite a few actors that could have easily been as good as Craig if not better.
    Ewan or Gerard definitely, I also think Clive Owen could have been good. He made some good movies.
    Dougray Scott may have been the best choice, better than Craig. When I heard his name back then I thought, great another Dalton!

Yes, I know. It is because they hired Daniel Craig instead.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,425
    I think there were quite a few actors that could have easily been as good as Craig if not better.

Ewan McGregor and Gerard Butler - nah. Clive Owen - absolutely not! Owen is awful - one of the most charisma-less actors ever to have graced the screen and awful voice!

Scott? May be. Haven't seen him in enough to judge.

I think we probably got the best available at the time.
    Dougray Scott would have been good. Like Dan or Waltz prior to Bond they make very good and menacing physcopathic villains. Scott was good in the Mission Impossible film he starred in he over shadowed Cruise with his performance and a high point of a rather bland story/movie.
    Thanks, all interesting, its clear that they did not want a star to play the role then and I think the same is true now so if we are looking for the next Bond, we should be looking at low budget, indie movies for clues
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Here's an article from 2004 on who the "top candidates" are, its pretty hilarious :

Interesting! If history repeats itself, the next Bond should be a relative unknown. Cavill, Craig and Sam Worthington were the reported final three. Sam Worthington would have been the most famous of the three in 2005 due to Avatar's record breaking box office success.

Hmm, it's possible the likes of Dan Stevens and others may not be the next Bond. Too well-known, perhaps, by the time Craig quits?

Having said that, we'll never know if the likes of Owen/Jackman and others were almost on the cusp of landing the role but negotiations over money ruined their chances? In all honesty it's doubtful Craig was Eon/MGM's number one choice for Bond. But the same was true for Sean Connery. The likes of Cary Grant, Roger Moore were the original choices, not Connery. Ian Fleming suggested Richard Burton.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Andrew Lincoln? Tough, good actor, british. At 42 I'm guessing too old though.
    No way Andrew Lincoln. Never. Not that he's bad, just not right for Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Under different circumstances, I actually wouldn't be against Andrew Lincoln as Bond. But I suspect The Walking Dead might have put him out of the running.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,189

His brother used to teach me RE at school (little bit of trivia there). I agree he's not right for Bond though.
  • fanbond123 wrote: »
    Here's an article from 2004 on who the "top candidates" are, its pretty hilarious :

Interesting! If history repeats itself, the next Bond should be a relative unknown. Cavil, Craig and Sam Worthington were the reported final three. Sam Worthington would have been the most famous of the three in 2005 due to Avatar's record breaking box office success.

Er...Avatar came out in 2009, Worthington was mostly unknown in 05.
    Hmm, it's possible the likes of Dan Stevens and others may not be the next Bond. Too well-known, perhaps, by the time Craig quits?

Well right now he's certainly nowhere near "known". But he is a star on the rise, and if he gets a high profile action/superhero type role in the next year or two that'll probably put him out of the running.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Moore and Brosnan were both known and safe bets when cast as Bond.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Moore and Brosnan were both known and safe bets when cast as Bond.

And both worked splendidly.

Up to now, Cubby, respectively his daughter have always made the right call. With Dalton too. I'm convinced, if the third (and possibly fourth, and maybe even fifth) movie with Dalton had been made, he would have gone done in history much much better than just being known as the one who failed (which really was the media claimed this).

I'm sure the next actor chosen for the role will work as well.

Bond is not only made of the main actor. It is a team work with many visionary and exceptionally talented people doing sometimes groundbreaking things.