Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Damien Lewis is too old Isnt he?

Fassbender could have been good but will also be too old IMo
    He is a little, but then again Roger Moore was two years older when he started :)
    Fassbender is as old as Craig was when he started
    tigers99 wrote: »

Now he is. But if Craig does another one or two Fassbender will be forty plus won't he?
    Getafix wrote: »
    tigers99 wrote: »

Now he is. But if Craig does another one or two Fassbender will be forty plus won't he?

True, but he is a good actor.
    Obviously. But there does come a point when an actor is too old.
    IMHO, most of the names mentioned are too famous for their previous work. They will choose someone "on the up" but not an existing star, someone "off the radar" and someone who can be recognised as Bond rather than the previous characters they have played
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    As I have said – you will have to look at actors in their mid-to-late 20’s, as EoN will certainly go for someone around 32-35 in 2021, assuming DC does another. EoN will want to get a solid 4-5 films out of their next man, and assuming a 3-year gap in between films that means they won’t go for anyone over 35 when the time comes…
    thats a great call, great actor and has that air of breeding if that makes sense, wonderful in Mad Max, he would need to keep a low profile though, a block buster starring role would get in the way
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    God no. Just God no.

Not a bad actor but I still think of him as 12 year old Marcus in About a Boy.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Not a bad actor but I still think of him as 12 year old Marcus in About a Boy.

Sorry in my opinion this guy is too much a pretty boy.

Stevens and Hiddleson and this guy really aren't grabbing my attention.

That's just my opinion.

Thanks @BJB006 for presenting new ideas. I am grateful and you're thinking outside the box so bravo =D>
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Hoult is of course very young.

Never forget that such actors will look way more mature once they reach 30 or 35 :P

@mcdonbb
    yeah...pretty boys... :))
    after all I like Brosnan also for his looks :D

I think James Bond should have the handsome factor because as a womanizer it makes him more believable.
    One of the things that bother me with Craig, imho he is just not handsome enough, he even has this "street kid" quality that doesn't fit Bond at all. imho so please nobody take it personal.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

Never forget that such actors will look way more mature once they reach 30 or 35 :P

@mcdonbb

I think James Bond should have the handsome factor because as a womanizer it makes him more believable.
    One of the things that bother me with Craig, imho he is just not handsome enough, he even has this "street kid" quality that doesn't fit Bond at all. imho so please nobody take it personal.

Sorry but I don't see a return to casting on pretty boy looks, it will be on ability above looks. If someone like Tom Hardy wants it then EON and the studio would take him over someone who looks like a Fleming description.

@mcdonbb

Sorry but I don't see a return to casting on pretty boy looks, it will be on ability above looks. If someone like Tom Hardy wants it then EON and the studio would take him over someone who looks like a Fleming description.

Oh Tom Hardy is very handsome, much more than Craig.
    Tom Hardy would be a dream come true, and quite frankly after seeing his latest photos from Legend I hope Craig quits and Hardy gets the role.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I think a good idea (direction?) for a new Bond actor would be something pronouncing the loner, quiet, confident, assertive, perhaps psychopathic part of Bond? I always thought of him as a self-made emotionless being. I was thinking something along the lines of Alain Delon in Le Samourai,

Thats exactly what i was looking for but i could not put it into words or find a good actor who fits that description. Thanks.
    I want a more intellectual Bond again, someone who might be put in a tight spot and has to survive on his smarts instead of just brute force.

Think of Lazenbys escape in OHMSS or Dalton in LTK after he gets captured.

I think actors like tom hardy right now would not even want this role since no one wants to compete with craig, he made the role his own and took it as far as he could, you can't outdo him.
    They need to go as far away from craig as possible and give the new guy a chance to be completely his own.

I would like someone more subtle, someone who might blend it. Make it a spy Story again.

IMHO
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Some people on here really don't know much about sex appeal it would seem; which Bond is all about. Sex appeal plays an infinitely bigger part than just being handsome when it comes to being a womanizer and obviously, being handsome and having sex appeal aren't mutually exclusive.
    That made up picture with the Bond logo, his short haircut, the pose and the way the cigarette hangs from his mouth makes him look like an East End gangster.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yep. Looks like he's about to barge into Phil Mitchel's garage and collect his debt.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    That made up picture with the Bond logo, his short haircut, the pose and the way the cigarette hangs from his mouth makes him look like an East End gangster.

Ha, ha good one!

Would you endorse Hardy as Bond or rather not? Or do you have ideas for successors?
    Hmm...he wouldn't be my first choice.

I'm not an expert on Fassbender but he seems the "type" that might make a good Bond.
    People are judging on how the actors look now rather than how they will look in 5-10 years time. The selection has to be "future proof" like buying a PC
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I really think they have to make a big break with the Craig era (look wise, height wise, build wise etc.) and that means going back to someone more traditional looking as Bond.

Any other approach will inevitably invite comparisons to DC (and we know how the media likes to make an issue out of Bond when there is no issue).

So I don't think we'll see a Fassbender or a Hardy personally (good though they may be).

Hoult is not for me. Someone new....someone edgy....I'm sure he's out there on British TV somewhere and EON already has spoken with him. In fact, he may already be in the works as part of studio negotiations (I'm willing to bet on this actually).
    That brings with it another question. How many actors can make the step up from TV to cinema and how does this effect Bond. IMHO, they should be looking for someone with big screen experience
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    This isn't super-recent news but I do recall some Bond fans doubting Hugh Jackman was ever considered for Bond. Indeed, I'd pretty sure Jackman never confirmed he turned down the role. Not in 2005, anyway! Perhaps he didn't want people to know he had turned it down?

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/hugh-jackman-reveals-that-he-turned-down-role-of-james-bond-eight-years-ago-but-would-seriously-a2926731.html

I think Jackman would have been higher up the list than Daniel Craig. My gut feeling is would have been Eon's preference over Craig. I can't imagine he has any chance now. Missed his opportunity.
    And Hardy is now open to playing Bond.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

@mcdonbb

I so agree with you Jason that many actors get once they reach their mid 30s or even 40s
    and the best example is Pierce who almost everyone agreed he looked better as the films advanced and he got the part at 41 years old i guess, so imagine how youbg he would have looked if he got the part in 86 for The Living Daylights.
    He would have looked like a Baby Bond lol

i also love Pierce for his looks, apart from his sex appeal, talent and personality.

I think Pierce Brosnan and Brad Pitt were the two most perfect looking actors of the 90s to the poibt it was almost un real.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    The next Bond will not be an existing A list star. It's the money involved, you can't offer a 3,4,5 movie deal and risk the 1st film bombing at box office. I reckon it will be someone from British TV drama like the boy from Polldark or someone on the cusp of stardom like Eamonn Elliot from Prometheus. You get quality, it's cheaper and there are no prior roles to shake off. Craig and Brosnan were mainly supporting actors in supporting roles prior to Bond. I think they will apply the same method. Unless Warner Brothers win bidding rights, in which case they'll throw money at Nolan their big summer blockbuster director, in which case Nolan will likely cast Hardy in a role for the 3rd time and we get a new trilogy reboot. My gut tells me Craig and Mendes after having a year apart will be up for making a 3rd if the script is right.
    PB matured nicely into the role.

Bond should be intimidating . Cold hard looks but generate charisma and presence on screen.

Brosnan wasn't quite there in GE but was in TND.

And yes no pretty boy.