Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,130
    Ok guys look at the poll made by an IMDB user

You could be highly surprised by the the top 3

http://www.imdb.com/poll/Fi5VgRphl6s/results?answer=21&ref_=po_rv

And just for fun since i bet this would never happen these are the main picks if an American Had to play Bond

http://www.imdb.com/poll/qT4InuSgd1c/results?answer=14&ref_=po_rv

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Szonana wrote: »

From that lot, I'm partial to the following of their choices:

4. None of the above (Mr. Unknown)
    9. Christian Bale
    12. Tom Hiddleston
  • Exactly who I suspected would be 1, 2, and 3 :)

If (in a fantasy world) this was some sort of legitimate list of candidates, I'd take Hardy, Cumberbatch, Jai Courtney, Liam Hemsworth, Jack O'Connell, and screentest them. Oh and "Unknown" too, I hear he's good :)

31 people voted for Jason Statham?! Good grief.

JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT, LMAO. Oddjob would just fall on the floor laughing.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Well yes Jason got his fan base and while the top 3 were predictable i was still doubting a little i thought people would want a big cnage from Craig.

Tom Hardy and Idris Elba are pretty similar to Daniel Craig, Michael Fassbender might be like Dalton Handsome but still serious and intense i dont know if he could pull of sense of humor and honetly he creeps me out thanks to 12 years a slave and Shame.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Now here is another one also from IMDB called Bond Boys.

Actors who still look young for Bond but they could take the part in 10 years or so
    These are the favorites.

http://www.imdb.com/poll/elhmay_BPGw/results?answer=26&ref_=po_rv
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited October 2015 Posts: 6,786
    I'm afraid I put this in the wrong thread a couple of days ago.

Anyway, I think Jack Davenport has the class to make a good Bond. Although I wouldn't mind Fassbender.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 5,745
    This guy is a new power ranger, and I have no idea what his age is or his nationality, but he could work:

Dacre Montgomery. What a cool name.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4223882/

MV5BNjM4MzcxMzc4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjg2OTc5NjE@._V1__SX964_SY424_.jpg
    MV5BMTc4NzA3NTUxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzczNTk5NDE@._V1__SX964_SY424_.jpg
    MV5BMTgwMzUyMTk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ3OTc5NjE@._V1__SX964_SY424_.jpg

I think he has the original illustration of Bond's hairline almost right. And he's goddamn attractive if you don't mind me saying. Also, if you're a fan of Sean and Pierce's chest hair, he could be your guy.

Indeed. :P
    Michael Fassbender might be like Dalton Handsome but still serious and intense i dont know if he could pull of sense of humor and honetly he creeps me out thanks to 12 years a slave and Shame.

Well, it's called acting... ;)
    I'm surprised you mentioned Shame in that context anyway, I felt really sorry for his character in that.

Oh and I'm sure he could pull of humor just fine.
    bondjames wrote: »

From that lot, I'm partial to the following of their choices:

4. None of the above (Mr. Unknown)
    9. Christian Bale
    12. Tom Hiddleston

Mr. Unknown sounds very interesting. :) I'll need to see more Tom Hiddleston to even have a proper idea - I've only seen him in one role in movies I didn't care for, so...
    I'm all sorts of partial to Christian Bale, and I agree with you he would have been great, but I'm actually happy things went as they did, and that it's out of the question now. (I also can't imagine he could be happier.)

---

There were a few people on the imdb list I'm not familiar with at all, hmm...

• Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    Tom Hiddleston as a proper Brit?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fGas3e7p_9A"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Could be the commercial, but I can see him being the villain the next time...

IMDb users are such a tragic species...
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    That man above, more than any other actors who've done a Jaguar ad, has the Bond stamp, Unquestionably, imho.

I think he would bring the necessary edginess without aping Craig, and additionally a certain old school suaveness.

He is also not necessarily (although some may disagree) conventionally handsome, which is an added plus point for me.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Tom Hiddleston is my No 2 right after Dan Stevens.

I sure hope one of them gets the role.
    22394872902_3b6ef3fd23_b.jpgkermode by pat.beardmore, on Flickr
    anyone believe in fate?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    IMO Dan Stevens is too much of a boy band pretty boy look to be Bond. Think casting the next Bond will be more of a gritty looking actor than someone like Stevens.

Luke Evans currently 36- Take over 38-39 years old, think a little older he would look good for it. Another Welshman following Daltons footsteps.

2cd7cbp.jpg
    29djnzq.jpg
    2ro1il1.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @SirHilaryBray

I agree that Stevens (now) looks a bit "too" pretty. Just remember he'll age and will probably even more look the part once he is in his late 30's early 40's.

Luke Evans would be my choice as well but he is a nudge too old born in 1979.

Always assuming they would take over by 2020 and Bond 25 will feature Craig.

Otherwise Luke Evans would be fine for a 2018 release.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    IMO Dan Stevens is too much of a boy band pretty boy look to be Bond. Think casting the next Bond will be more of a gritty looking actor than someone like Stevens.

Luke Evans currently 36- Take over 38-39 years old, think a little older he would look good for it. Another Welshman following Daltons footsteps.

2cd7cbp.jpg
    29djnzq.jpg
    2ro1il1.jpg

I like his look for Bond... handsome dark and cruel.

• Luke Evans has a 'hard' face which I think would work well. SLIGHT PROBLEM - he is apparently gay in real life. I'm not trying to gossip but its pretty much out there, just check out articles like this:

http://time.com/3491050/luke-evans-dracula-untold-coming-out/

Can you imagine the furore if a gay actor was hired as Bond?

Not into Hiddleston at all. That 'Joker' face he has when he smiles, not good at all for Bond. There's a reason why his film career has mostly consisted of playing villains, creeps, and weirdos (Thor, Crimson Peak, High Rise, the commercial posted above, etc). Also not really the machismo type. I always think of that OHMSS Draco line..."What she needs is a MAN! To DOMINATE her!". I don't see him as a MAN who can DOMINATE!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,894
    I think @dinovelvet is right. But personally, I would have no qualms about Evans being the next Bond (another Welshman :-bd ), he certainly has a Bondish look to him. God knows how the British press would react. We all saw how they reacted to something so trivial as Bond's hair colour now being blonde.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    I always think of that OHMSS Draco line..."What she needs is a MAN! To DOMINATE her!". I don't see him as a MAN who can DOMINATE!

Puny god/human?
    ;)
    Well Evan's look is the look I would like to see.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Nicholas Hoult is someone I never thought right having just seen the trailer for his new film. He has pretty much just done his British Layer Cake style film. He has built himself up and can see what others see in him now. Was hard to get past the "about a boy" memory's of him as a kid but I am warming to him.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Luke Evans looks the part. He should definitely be screen tested when the role is vacant. After Craig's 5th of course.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Not into Hiddleston at all. That 'Joker' face he has when he smiles, not good at all for Bond. There's a reason why his film career has mostly consisted of playing villains, creeps, and weirdos (Thor, Crimson Peak, High Rise, the commercial posted above, etc). Also not really the machismo type. I always think of that OHMSS Draco line..."What she needs is a MAN! To DOMINATE her!". I don't see him as a MAN who can DOMINATE!

:D

Yeah, not quite got the macho vibe.

If a gay actor like Evans got the part I think the press would make some negative comments: "So Luke, do you plan to make your Bond less hetrosexual? Will you play him gay?"

8-|
    Luke Evans is gay!!!! I didn't know that.
    fanbond123 wrote: »

:D

Yeah, not quite got the macho vibe.

If a gay actor like Evans got the part I think the press would make some negative comments: "So Luke, do you plan to make your Bond less hetrosexual? Will you play him gay?"

8-|

I wouldn't say those are "negative comments", just idiotic questions. The press will always make negative comments as well, of course - about anyone.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Luke Evans is gay!!!! I didn't know that.

I don't even know who Luke Evans is. :P

Anyway, it makes no difference at all, they're actors and what matters most is how well they act.

edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Well in his films you can't tell at all. The reason I say this is that with some actors you can e.g. Rupert Everett. ..good actor but always camp.
    Are you serious about this stuff? I don't even know what to say to that...
    Yep.
    There's somebody out there ..No one is catching my attention yet though.

This link has the history of "next Bond" rumors from the time of Skyfall's release. Makes interesting reading:

http://qz.com/510225/who-will-be-the-next-james-bond-all-of-the-internet-rumors-in-one-timeline/