Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    00Agent wrote: »
    My favourite contender still is Dan Stevens by the way.

This guy has an interesting look, and i never heard of him before, thats how i like it.

Can you recommend a perfomance of his?
    To get a better picture.

The Guest sure is the movie to go if you want to get to know him.

Dan Stevens was also a regular on the very successful television show Downton Abbey during the first two years of that show.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While I've never seen 'Downton Abbey,' I can only assume that'd be the best thing to see him in if you want to catch his true British form. He hasn't really hit it big yet, but he's going to be playing Beast in the 2017 live-action version of 'Beauty and the Beast.'
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    The BILD newspaper, the widest read German newspaper by far has started a poll who is to replace Daniel Craig as they take it as more or less certain that he will quit after his comments.

After over 50'000 votes it stands as follows:

Top 3

1. Benedict Cumberbatch 8313 votes
    2. Tom Hardy 7773 votes
    3. Idris Elba 6245 votes

Knowing such polls get hundred of thousands of votes in Germany it will be very interesting to see how this progresses!

I can provide the link if anyone is interested, but it's all in German...
    Cumberbatch? Oh dear...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Cumberbatch? Oh dear...

Another case (for me, anyway) of: fantastic actor, not fantastic for Bond.
  • Cumberbatch has a massive online fanbase that will vote for him on any site for anything, so no surprise there. At least he'd be better than Elba.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    You don't need to pay any attention to the BILD they will print any ridiculous crap just to get attention. I remeber the time shortly before Craigs announcement very vividly, Craig wasn't even on their radar. The just randomly picked whoever had a movie out at that time, from Colin Farell, to Hugh Jackman to Evan McGregor.
    Of course EoN doesn't pay any attention to those rumors (thankfully) and it won't be different this time. It will be a newcomer.
    I thought this would be very much common knowledge by know?

Roger moore was only a small tv actor,
    Same for Brosnan (probably even smaller)
    Lazenby was a nobody.
    Dalton was far from being well known or a star (still is)
    Craig had a handful of movies, but mostly support roles.
    Even Connery was a blank slate.

They will always go for the newcomer
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Cumberbatch? Oh dear...

Oh yes, a good actor for sure, but absolutely not for Bond.

Cumberbatch? Oh dear...

Oh yes, a good actor for sure, but absolutely not for Bond.

He is with Marvel now anyways. So zero chance of becoming Bond
    You don't need to pay any attention to the BILD they will print any ridiculous crap just to get attention. I remeber the time shortly before Craigs announcement very vividly, Craig wasn't even on their radar. The just randomly picked whoever had a movie out at that time, from Colin Farell, to Hugh Jackman to Evan McGregor.
    Of course EoN doesn't pay any attention to those rumors (thankfully) and it won't be different this time. It will be a newcomer.

Roger moore was only a small tv actor,
    Same for Brosnan (probably even smaller)
    Lazenby was a nobody.
    Dalton was far from being well known or a star (still is)
    Craig had a handful of movies, but mostly support roles.
    Even Connery was a blank slate.

They will always go for the newcomer

Of course it's just fun to see such polls, not that I would take those seriously. After all they have thrown in David Beckham as well (for fun) and he already has more votes than Eddie Redmayne or Robert Pattison for Christ's sake :))

Of course it's just fun to see such polls, not that I would take those seriously. After all they have thrown in David Beckham as well (for fun) and he already has more votes than Eddie Redmayne or Robert Pattison for Christ's sake :))

True, i think they were even spreading that stupid rumor that Catheine zeta jones would become the next Bond, while Brosnan was still doing it... Somewhere around TWINE.
    I know someone did, but i don't remember who.

Back then it was "the female" Bond, nowadays it is "the Black" Bond. Can't wait for the Asian Bond rumors to come along. That will keep The Sun and the BILD occupied for weeks
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 709

It is common knowledge to anyone who pays attention to this stuff. But there's a new Bond movie coming out, and it's an easy story any website/paper can run - "Is (currently hot actor) the new Bond?", without having to provide any sources or proof, they can just cite random rumors and/or "buzz", and it'll generate hits and comments.

Funnily enough I was watching the documentary on the DAD bluray, and there's a part where the casting department shows some newspaper clippings saying Clive Owen and Jude Law are rumored to be the new Bond. 13 years later, another Bond actor is on his fourth film and it's the same nonsense, different names.
  • Michael Fassbender would be awesome.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Gina Carrano gave him a beating like I've never seen before in Haywire. I could never look at him the same way for Bond after that thrashing.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    Gina Carrano gave him a beating like I've never seen before in Haywire. I could never look at him the same way for Bond after that thrashing.

Made you feel it, did he?
    ;)
    I just watched The Guest with Dan Stevens, and also checked some clips and interviews of him on youtube and as far as i'm concerned we can stop looking any further!
    This is the guy, he's perfect.
    Also it seems like he is getting the Bond question more and more in interviews, and he definitly seems interested.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The BILD newspaper, the widest read German newspaper by far has started a poll who is to replace Daniel Craig as they take it as more or less certain that he will quit after his comments.

After over 50'000 votes it stands as follows:

Top 3

1. Benedict Cumberbatch 8313 votes
    2. Tom Hardy 7773 votes
    3. Idris Elba 6245 votes

Knowing such polls get hundred of thousands of votes in Germany it will be very interesting to see how this progresses!

I can provide the link if anyone is interested, but it's all in German...

'More or less certain that he will quit' Dear God..even the Germans who are known for level headed practicality are reading between the lines, and incapable of understanding the point Craig was trying to make.

My advice to you Jason, is ignore the newspapers, relax and just I enjoy the new film when it comes out.
    I just watched The Guest with Dan Stevens, and also checked some clips and interviews of him on youtube and as far as i'm concerned we can stop looking any further!
    Also it seems like he is getting the Bond question more and more in interviews, and he definitly seems interested.

Dan Stevens is the man to go with.
    I'm glad finally someone agrees with me :P
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Murdock wrote: »
    Wow Craig looks creepy with Brown eyes. his hair dye job is pretty good but I'd want the Bond actors to be their natural appearance. As long as they give a great Bondian performance I'm happy. None of the actors who've played Bond looked like this and I wouldn't want them too.
    Fleming007impression.jpg

Natural appearance is the way to go. This bond comic strip looks like John Hamm. But he's American so that's out anyhow.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    John Hamm has an infinitely better hairline. The above image looks more like Ralph Fiennes to me
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Hamm is too old, too American and too hammy!

See, clever use of his surname there. =D> :P
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I wouldn't mind a street Tom Hardy Bond who smokes. That's badass.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yea I'm trying to "cast" my Bond in my head before I read VAGR(sp)/Bond 26.. Hardy or Fassbender or older Craig.

I need to get out more :(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    SFX Magazine have had their say on who could be the next Bond. Not many surprises in there really - http://www.gamesradar.com/who-could-be-next-james-bond/
    SFX Magazine have had their say on who could be the next Bond. Not many surprises in there really - http://www.gamesradar.com/who-could-be-next-james-bond/
    They are quite a bit sarcastic about it.
    The bloody constant swearing will get Craig into deep trouble one of these days.
    It seems Craig has lost quite a bit of respect in the last few days. Shame.
    They are quite a bit sarcastic about it.
    The bloody constant swearing will get Craig into deep trouble one of these days.
    It seems Craig has lost quite a bit of respect in the last few days. Shame.

As long as Craig delivers another great Bond performance in SP I think the respect his fans hold for him will be more than in tact. And he still has more than a few interviews to go. By the time the film opens his image in the media should be just about where it always is before one of his Bond films open. At this exact moment it's just more of a pain for us fans to wade through till pending day.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 709

Every same old, generic candidate, most of whom are well over 40 and will never even be considered by EON.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Michael Fassbender will never be James Bond. Just discovered this:

According to a March 2010 blog post on TMZ, an ex-girlfriend accused Michael Fassbender of being violent towards her and filed a petition for a restraining order against him.
    The details as reported by TMZ are pretty horrific: his ex claimed he threw her over a chair, broke her nose, dragged her alongside her car, and caused her to twist her left ankle and blow out her left kneecap. In addition to a restraining order, she asked for $20,000 to cover medical expenses for her injuries. Upon further investigation, the charges filed by this ex against Fassbender were dropped. According to the celeb gossip blog Lainey Gossip, his ex withdrew her claims and “sources close to [the ex] say that she didn’t want to jeopardize his burgeoning career and worried that he may not be able to gain entry into the U.S. should he have had the case on record.”

Wow. If this true I can't imagine Barbara Broccoli would ever consider him. Barbara Broccoli was seriously sexually assaulted in her youth, sadly. This was disclosed in an interview a few years ago but it's not widely known/mentioned on the internet.

If there is any truth about Fassbender, I think he's a total no-no for Bond. Scratch him from the list!

I want Justin Bieber as Bond, he can sing his own theme song, can play Bond for 25 years and still isn't too old, they could even do a musical Bond at one point and furthermore he is well stocked in the right places and doesn't mind flaunting it, the billion dollar box office would be guaranteed thanks to the zillion Beliebers all over the world.
    Well still, in those two listed examples, he's pretty big. Obviously that's what I meant, as nobody is born big and muscular without working on it. He is fairly short, too. All in all, he's just too rugged to play Bond, and way too popular (I remember when people argued with me that he wasn't too popular to play Bond as 'The Dark Knight Rises' was releasing, and even at that point, he was pretty well known.) Look at him now! It'll never happen.

Whether Bond 25 stars Craig or someone else entirely, I think at this point it'll be another lesser known British actor to take over. It won't be someone overly popular like Hardy or Fassbender, and it won't be someone that'll be too old when they step into the role like Elba.

Dan Stevens is the man to go with.
    I'm glad finally someone agrees with me :P

I've been mentioning Stevens as a possible for years on here.

Need to check out The Guest.