The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

bluray
    Halloween (the John Carpenter version)
    Hugo
    Hannibal season 1
  • EsotericEsoteric Poland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Esoteric, and what a collection to own, there are some true classics in there. 'Full Metal Jacket' is definitely one of the best, most intense and powerful movies I've ever seen in my life.

True, i don't get all the criticism that the second half of the movie is bad, and the whole picture should be about training.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @Esoteric Which Kubrick film(s) do you like the most?

I would go for "Eyes Wide Shut" and "A Clockwork Orange", but picking only one of them is like to decide which eye i want to lose.

Bluray-
    Ghostbusters 1 & 2
    Avengers - Age of Ultron
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Pulp (1972)
    The January Man
    Irresistible
    52 Pick-Up
    The House Of Sand And Fog
    Anarchy (2014)
    Doctor Who: The Rescue / The Romans
    Doctor Who: The Space Museum / The Chase
    The Flash: Series 1
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A shame that my Kubrick collection only consisted of Dr Strangelove and 2001-A Space Odyssey before, so when I found

FULL METAL JACKET (1987)

at a bargain price, I did not hesitate to buy it.

Some call this the best (anti)war movie ever. I wouldn t go that far. I still prefer both Apocalypse Now and Kubrick s own Paths Of Glory to it, but the first part in the training camp is classic stuff. Lee Ermey as the drill sergeant must be one of the meanest characters ever.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    27 September

Atonement (2007) - Limited Edition Digibook.
    3 keepcase boxset (Fast and The Furious Heroes) with: Riddick (2013) Brick Mansions (2014) Homefront (2013)

Yesterday (5 October) movie releated: Kingdom Of Heaven Soundtrack score from Harry Gregson-Williams (2005)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Guardians of the Galaxy HD in iTunes
    Blu ray
    The Wild Bunch
    a bullet for the general
    django prepare a coffin

Some extra spaghetti westerns
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Picked up the powerful, yet dark Criterion version of 'Hearts and Minds.' What a raw documentary, I love it.
    Bluray
    'Twelve O'Clock High (with Gregory Peck)
    Top Gun
    La femme Nikita (luc besson)
    Harvey (james Stewart)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Picked up the powerful, yet dark Criterion version of 'Hearts and Minds.' What a raw documentary, I love it.

Are you collecting all Criterion's? Or from certain decades, director's or countries? And I assume only on Blu-ray.
    @BondJasonBond006, not all of them, but I dove into the world of Criterions over a year ago and haven't regretted it or looked back since. These are some top notch, excellent films presented in the best possible audio/video quality for a very fair price. I'd say I have 20-30 of them on blu-ray now, and the collection is beautiful. I still have tons to see and tons I want to purchase.
    @BondJasonBond006, not all of them, but I dove into the world of Criterions over a year ago and haven't regretted it or looked back since. These are some top notch, excellent films presented in the best possible audio/video quality for a very fair price. I'd say I have 20-30 of them on blu-ray now, and the collection is beautiful. I still have tons to see and tons I want to purchase.

That's very cool, I have been a fan of Criterion for a long time.
    I think this would be nice for a Appreciation or Fan thread to open, maybe there are other forum members that collect them and it would be very interesting to share experiences and opinions of Criterion movies.

The last one I got only one week ago is 39 Steps from 1935, my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the picture quality. Looks like shot yesterday.
    @BondJasonBond006, might be a popular thread! I've noticed quite a few others on here who are in love with the classics, so you never know.

That's another one I've been wanting to get, but I'm always broke so my purchases are very limited, and I've been wanting 'Hearts and Minds' for quite some time. Here's the list of all the ones I own on blu-ray:
    - '12 Angry Men'
    - 'Antichrist'
    - 'The Big Chill'
    - 'Brazil'
    - 'Che: Part One and Part Two'
    - 'Crumb'
    - 'The Darjeeling Limited'
    - 'Dressed To Kill'
    - 'Fantastic Mr. Fox'
    - 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'
    - 'The Game'
    - 'The Great Beauty'
    - 'Harakiri'
    - 'Hearts and Minds'
    - Kwaidan' (releases Oct. 21st)
    - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'
    - 'Moonrise Kingdom'
    - 'The Royal Tenenbaums'
    - 'The Samurai Trilogy'
    - 'Seven Samurai'
    - 'Shoah'
    - 'The Sword of Doom'
    - 'Thief'
    - 'Three Outlaw Samurai'
    - 'Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!'
    - 'Traffic'
    - 'Videodrome'
    - 'Yojimbo'/'Sanjuro' Box Set
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just got Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever on DVD (what a wonderful piece of nonsense! DVD looks fantastic too), and Assassins on BD.
    I saw 'Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever' a very, very long time ago, so I don't remember anything from it aside from an outside shootout, in a food court or out in a shopping center or something? I don't know, but I do always see it popping up on the 'Worst Films of all Time' lists. ;)

'Assassins,' however, was damn good entertainment. Saw it for the first time a few months ago, I might have to check it out on blu-ray now that you've mentioned it's available in that format. Banderas was great as a psychotic (and sweaty) hitman in it.
    I do always see it popping up on the 'Worst Films of all Time' lists. ;)
    It's the very definition of a mindless popcorn flick IMO. But it also has one kick-a*s soundtrack.
    Look people, seriously now, I would watch Lucy Liu read a book in her living room for two and a half hours, or watch her hoover her flat and please in HD with 7.1 surround sound.
    If she is in a movie it is reason enough to watch and love it. Period. ;;)

Or what do you think made me sit through several seasons of Ally McBeal? :))
    edited October 2015 Posts: 17,690
    sorry- wrong thread
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,441
    3D/BD/DVD - Walking With Dinosaurs 3D (2013)
    BD/DVD: Transcendence (2014)
    BD/DVD: Prisoners (2013)
    BD: Anna Karenina (2012)
    BD/DVD: Tadeo Jones (2012) under the Dutch title: Ted & De Schat van de Mummie (Spanish made animated movie and for outside of Spain not in Spanish but English and also include Dutch, Flemish and France.) 3D and 2D version of movie are on 1 BD disc.
    Picked up Aladdin Diamond Edition - a title I've been wanting for a long time. Great Disney film, and it looks amazing in Blu-Ray. Just need Pinocchio Diamond Edition to finish my Disney collection.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Picked up Aladdin Diamond Edition - a title I've been wanting for a long time. Great Disney film, and it looks amazing in Blu-Ray. Just need Pinocchio Diamond Edition to finish my Disney collection.

I was 18 when Aladdin hit the cinema. Before I was not that big a fan of Disney movies, of course I've seen them whenever they were on the telly.

Aladdin changed that completely. I was blown away by its power of audio and visuals.
    The genie was, well...genius :)) and that movie made me into a fan of Robin Williams as well.
    Arabian Niiii...iii...iiightsss.... oh I love that song so much...
    It's still probably my favourite soundtrack of all the Disney movies, and that's saying something considering the many classic and iconic music there is from Disney.

The wonderful thing is Disney is timeless. My daughter is 5 1/2 years old and this spring she discovered Aladdin and I've probably seen it 10 times this year and it never gets old, especially in HD.
    Her favourites are Cinderella and Snow White and think about it. Snow White...that movie is 78 !! years old and looks fantastic in HD and is simply timeless.

I say Walt Disney was a unique visionary and a genius.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just ordered Tough Guys Don't Dance. It looks hilarious. :))
    Picked up the complete "Father Ted" set. Now, I'll try to find some time to watch it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,257
    I stumbled across the LOTR 3-Film Collection for only $7.88 at Walmart. Its hard to beat that price.

Eb5x4VG.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Age of Ultron.

I do hope Black Widow will be back for more later.
    From Amazon, received three classic Tom Baker Doctor Who : "Robot", "The Ark In Space" and "Genesis Of The Daleks". So, my collection is complete until "Terror of the Zygons" (I have a few other adventures, but they were part of boxsets). Or at least, it will be until I pick up "The Underwater Menace" in Cardiff next week.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Rich & Famous
    Grace Is Gone
    Lookin' To Get Out
    Survivor
    Flareup
    Kansas City Bomber
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Gerard wrote: »
    From Amazon, received three classic Tom Baker Doctor Who : "Robot", "The Ark In Space" and "Genesis Of The Daleks". So, my collection is complete until "Terror of the Zygons" (I have a few other adventures, but they were part of boxsets). Or at least, it will be until I pick up "The Underwater Menace" in Cardiff next week.

Have a great time in Cardiff - my son's going (lucky boy) and I await Pop-It-In-Pete the Postie to deliver my copy of TUM!
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,441
    ekpcua.jpg9fxqbb.jpg

BD: Transformers 4: Age of Extinction (2014) 3 disc set (3D + 2D + Bonus Disc)
    BD: The Hobbit 3: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) 4 disc set with 3D effect sleeve (3D+2D+Bonus Disc)

Movie releated... finally, here we are...

40002.jpg

Spectre (2015) 2 track single of Sam Smith - Writings On The Wall