Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• My God!! I am married, I am stright ... but if someone is using Sam Smith sexual orientation for bashing him or WOTW, I´m afraid that someone is in the wrong century and needs to go to the psychiatrist. We are not in the 1950s anymore!!!
    A snippet from Smith's SPECTRE music video (scroll down a little) :

http://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/movies/daniel-craig-james-bond-spectre-2015-trailer/

Doesn't show us much but anyway... Looks like Skyfall.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

After hearing this version (I'm sure it's been posted ITT before) I actually did find myself humming bits of it. I don't think it's a great song (I've hummed terrible songs before) but perhaps it really is Sam Smith (and my apparent raging homophobia) that is the problem.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Sark wrote: »

After hearing this version (I'm sure it's been posted ITT before) I actually did find myself humming bits of it. I don't think it's a great song (I've hummed terrible songs before) but perhaps it really is Sam Smith (and my apparent raging homophobia) that is theproblem.

Got to say I like that version more than Sam's own effort.

Shows it's really not a bad song at all. Down beat and not the stirring ballad we normally expect but actually quite beautiful.

Is it to subtle for the majority of fans?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    antovolk wrote: »
    Teaser for the official music video.

Alec
    Vesper
    Mathis
    M

The fift one is set aside for Bond him self...
    Alec?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,622
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    This cover is pretty impressive. Less theatrical.

I think the song suits a woman's voice. :)

I agree. I have realized for awhile that I actually like the song but its Sam's singing.

This cover is a perfect example.
    This Sofia Karlberg cover is awesome.
    The song is not great, but it is salvageable.
    She does a real nice job!!!!
    Opening instrumental strains reminds of TWINE opening. They are almost identical.

If Eon could dump the Smith version and go with her take instead, we might have something.
    Sam can have the writing credit.

btw this is highly entertaining thread.Lots of entertaining commentary both pro and con.

#SofiaSavesWOTW
    DAD again = #WorstBondSongEver

Question: is there any chance Mendes is going to use the song in the movie itself? Bit like WHATTITW?
  • Getafix wrote: »
    Question: is there any chance Mendes is going to use the song in the movie itself? Bit like WHATTITW?

I learned on line that it will be used in the cast and crew names that appearing at the start of the film. If you have seen Skyfall, it will be the same as of when they played the Adele song and showed images of Bond in the water, with the names of the cast and crew :) Cant wait myself

I heard the song on Spotify and I must confess. I admit it, I WAS BLOWN AWAY. I've been a big fan of the man and his voice. I admire his commitment to weight loss and his massive weight drop in the last 9 months, and have followed a lot of his career. I'm new to Bond but hope to get into it a little bit more. I've seen Skyfall and one with Pierce Brosnan.

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Looking forward to seeing the music video of the song which was teased at Sam Smith's YouTube page. Which had me wondering, why didn't Adele's epic Skyfall have a music video?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11
    I understand Adele was judged as too heavy by the producers, so no video. But as you can see Sam Smith has shed a lot of kilos over the last 8 or 9 months, and is looking better then ever. So... will we get a video? *fingers and toes crossed, refreshed Twitter feed every 10 seconds*
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Getafix wrote: »

I learned on line that it will be used in the cast and crew names that appearing at the start of the film. If you have seen Skyfall, it will be the same as of when they played the Adele song and showed images of Bond in the water, with the names of the cast and crew :) Cant wait myself

I heard the song on Spotify and I must confess. I admit it, I WAS BLOWN AWAY. I've been a big fan of the man and his voice. I admire his commitment to weight loss and his massive weight drop in the last 9 months, and have followed a lot of his career. I'm new to Bond but hope to get into it a little bit more. I've seen Skyfall and one with Pierce Brosnan.

This is tongue-in-cheek, right? :>
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,727
    talos7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think I would have liked the song better with Tom Jones singing. ;)

That's not unusual ;)

BAM !! =D>
    I understand Adele was judged as too heavy by the producers, so no video. But as you can see Sam Smith has shed a lot of kilos over the last 8 or 9 months, and is looking better then ever. So... will we get a video? *fingers and toes crossed, refreshed Twitter feed every 10 seconds*

Nonsense. She was pregnant and not willing or able to do a video
    surely samsmithfitness is a troll account
    Getafix wrote: »

Nonsense. She was pregnant and not willing or able to do a video

Adele is 1st rate East-End totty, whatever the scales say.
  • This, all of it, can be masked. If you watch older episodes on DVD of Seinfeld or The Nanny, you can see Elaine and CC holding items over their pregnatcy to mask the bump. No, there are reasons beyond this for the lack of a video for Adele's "Skyfall". It was in the music press at the time. NME, Rip It Up, etc. Looking forward to seeing a video for "Writings on the Wall". Does anyone know when it would arrive?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Pretty certain it is, and I think I know who.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It has to be, I never read so much nonsense by the same person.
  • TurnerTurner It's cavernous
    How do I live? How do I breathe?
    When you're not here I'm suffocating
    Cause the writing's on the wall

Open your eyes (:
  • I can assure you I am real. Just a Sam Smith fan, OK so I don't watch that many old movies, I'm mainly a fan of newer films, Pitch Perfect and Glee. Not a lot of action movies. So what..?

You're not fooling anyone.
    I can assure you I am real. Just a Sam Smith fan, OK so I don't watch that many old movies, I'm mainly a fan of newer films, Pitch Perfect and Glee. Not a lot of action movies. So what..?

Sam Smith has a facebook page where you can talk to like minded people all day long.
  • OK, let's try and get this thread back on track and focus on making Spectre the best Bond film yet. We can keep positivity and focus, when I tweeted Sam Smith he say he use positivity and mianly focus and potential to keep the weight loss regimen. So will there be a video for Writing on the Wall?
    OK, let's try and get this thread back on track and focus on making Spectre the best Bond film yet. We can keep positivity and focus, when I tweeted Sam Smith he say he use positivity and mianly focus and potential to keep the weight loss regimen. So will there be a video for Writing on the Wall?

Yes, quite.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, a teaser for it has been released.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116

Yes ..I can see the little troll footprints ...and uggh that troll stench. Ewww...

...*swappp..!* second troll *turner*!!

C'mon someone get some spray or a shoe..

Annoying

Yes ..I can see the little troll footprints ...and uggh that troll stench. Ewww...

Duly dispatched
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I think we ALL agree on that.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

NicNac wrote: »

Duly dispatched

Whew ..thank you kind sir.