Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited August 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I still think he would have called Daniel Craig "too working class" to play the role of Bond.

...and I like Dan.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Today marks the 51st anniversary of Fleming's death. May he rest in peace.
    Thank you for entertaining me with your stories, for giving me a reason to go on when everything seemed to be lost and for all the precious lessons which taught me how to live in this merciless world. R.I.P.

Seconded. A date I never forget. :(

R.I.P. Ian Fleming. If only you could have been alive this year, seeing two of your creations coming again to the big screen.

And all the black Bond discussions. RIP.

Old Ian would turn in his grave if he saw that!
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Gerard wrote: »

I absolutely loved the 60s Batman show growing up, and she was my mother's favourite part of the show. RIP to a small screen legend.
    Wes Craven :(
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    Oh no...very sad to hear this.

Just finished episode 8 of Scream the TV Show he produced.

I was 22 when Scream arrived and changed the genre forever.
    Scream is one of those few movies that truly had an impact on me and changed my taste in films.
    I can recite every line from that movie.
    Sidney Prescott, Gale Weathers and Deputy Dewey are practically part of my family and I have re-lived their fates through 4 Scream movies countless times.

Nightmare On Elm Street was the movie series I have probably seen the most between 1996 and 2000. Must have watched all 7 movies 10 times in those 4-5 years.

RIP Wes Craven, you'll be missed greatly.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Wes Craven, thank you for scaring me like you did.

A watch on A Nightmare On Elm Street for me tonight.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,384
    Just read about the sad passing of Wes Craven, a talented guy.
    RIP Wes.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,449
    Wes Craven was the spiritual father of Freddy Krueger. I owe many hours of entertainment to this man. Craven began as a teacher but wanted to make movies. He got the chance to make The Last House On The Left with Sean Cunningham but would forever be stuck in horror from there on. Craven, however, had always hoped for something else than horror but like a curse, the genre persistently kept coming back to him. He had a few bright spots in the 70s, his most iconic success in the 80s (A Nightmare On Elm Street) and his grand commercial success in the 90s (Scream). But between these movies, Craven often struggled to make ends meet and produced some pretty terrible films. Nevertheless, Wes Craven was a very eloquent and intelligent man. Listening to his commentaries and his comments during making-of features, one always gets the impression that there was more to Wes Craven than Shocker, Swamp Thing or even Freddy.

Rest in peace, sir.
    Whatever you do, don't . forget . to . sleep . forever.
    Thank you for your legacy.
    RIP Wes Craven! Thank you for all the frights! 8-X
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Along with Clive Barker, a true horror legend of the 80s and 90s. I did enjoy The Serpent and The Rainbow when it came out. RIP, Wes and stay away from Hell.
    Another part of my childhood has died recently : Dean Jones, star of so many Disney live action movies has passed away at the age of 84. Herbie, DC, and myself are in mourning today.

edition.cnn.com/2015/09/02/entertainment/dean-jones-dies-disney-feat/index.html
    And it goes on : French comedian Sylvie Joly has died tonight, aged 80.

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-342310-urgent-l-humoriste-sylvie-joly-est-decedee-cette-nuit-a-l-age-de-80-ans.html

Something tells me I have to call my mom really quickly to tell her I love her, because she's close to that age. Time is precious, and life, no matter how long, is too short.
    I squashed a couple of silverfish in my kitchen last night. I tolerate those people in my bathroom, but not where I keep food.

Sorry, I didn t even know your names, guys. RIP.
    I squashed a couple of silverfish in my kitchen last night. I tolerate those people in my bathroom, but not where I keep food.

Sorry, I didn t even know your names, guys. RIP.

RIP. :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Thunderfinger, I never tolerate people in my bathroom if they are dead Japanese school girls with angry dad issues who have come to terrorise my house.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Thunderfinger, I never tolerate people in my bathroom if they are dead Japanese school girls with angry dad issues who have come to terrorise my house.

For a Belgian, you are a smart one. No wonder you are a school teacher.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The plumbing in my bathroom is all
    Japanese girls. ... I like the plumbing. ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Japanese Girl Plumbing is allright provided they don't get the soap in ones eye !
    I'll get my coat.
    Back on track : It's with great sadness that i bring the news of cartoonist Brad Anderson's passing. The great dane Marmaduke is now an orphan :

comicbookresources.com/article/rip-marmaduke-creator-brad-anderson
    RIP Rico Rodriguez, trombonist in The Specials. Passed away at the age of 80.
    Today is the first anniversary of my granddad's passing.

It feels really odd to think it's been a whole year (more than that actually) since I last spoke to him; in many ways the memories of that day still seem recent.

I remember vividly talking to @4EverBonded that night while I was waiting for news and I am still grateful for both her support and the messages of condolences I received from virtual strangers.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    @BAIN123, I remember that. But it is hard to believe it's been a year already. I hope you and your mom are doing well. We never "get over" a loss of a loved one. But we try to remember that they want us to do well, have peace, be happy.

I remember you shared a great photo of you with your granddad, when you were very little. :) Very cute. And a special remembrance of him. I'm sure he's proud of you.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Its nice to see members supporting each other. Arguments are far too frequent on here... myself included.

Thanks guys.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When I first read you post, @BAIN123, I thought just the same thing: "it's been a year ALREADY?"

Shocking how time passes us by without our notice of it. In a week or so the first anniversary of my grandfather's death will also be coming up. Growing up around our grandparents as we get our first sense of the world it's often easy to see them as invincible and ever-lasting presences in our lives. It's only until we mature that we see they are as vulnerable as everyone else to life's challenges, their mortality manifested in a declining health and overall lack of mobility.

While they change and age, one thing doesn't, however: our love and memory of them. As long as you have that, that great memory of the good times, our grandfathers will always be with us, no matter what. The best way to honor them is to live our lives in the ways they taught us, in ways that would make them smile if they were watching down on us. I think you are doing just this right now, @BAIN123, and your grandfather would be immeasurably proud of that. Cheers. :)>-
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    For you NBA fans, one of the greats passed away. Moses Malone, 60, of an apparent heart attack. One of my favorites to watch growing up.

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/moses-malone--hall-of-famer-and-basketball-legend--dies-at-60-151129764.html
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Lovely post @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    :)

Thinking of you at this time @BAIN123.
    My thoughts are with you, @BAIN123. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you; I pray and hope you continue to heal as time passes, even if the pain can't fully go away. Know you have my full support.
    I know how you feel. Losing a beloved grandfather is horrible, but after all natural.

I can t stop thinking about @Benny who lost a daughter. Not sure if I could cope with that. My deepest sympathies.