Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited August 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I'm sure quite a few English people on here who grew up in the 80s and 90s have memories of watching Cilla Black on ITV:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11778819/Cilla-Black-dies-aged-72.html
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dang...Cilla's dead? RIP. Remember being forced to watch blind date as a kid.
    RIP to one great singer.

doubleoego wrote: »
    Dang...Cilla's dead? RIP. Remember being forced to watch blind date as a kid.

Ha, it wasn't exactly high brow television was it?! :p

I'm like that now with Take me Out in that I'm often forced to watch it. :(
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of Cilla Black - I watched Blind Date as a young person.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm at a loss for words at the passing of Cilla Black. Growing up in the UK in the 80's and 90's she was a regular on our TV, with shows like Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.
    Whilst I would not say I was a huge fan, she was ever the professional and a well liked TV star and singer.
    RIP Cilla .
    RIP Roddy Piper!!! ^:)^

RIP Cilla Black!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I only know RRP from They Live. RIP!
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Did anyone else watch the Cilla Black drama starring Sheridan Smith last year? Absolutely brilliant television.

The actress's cover version of Anyone Who Had A Heart is worth a listen, as well as the original, of course:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Cilla was, in a way, like Bruce Forsythe. You could more or less guess the age of someone based of what they remember the entertainer for. For me, it's Surprise Surprise & Blind Date.

R.I.P
    edited August 2015 Posts: 17,809
    It is eight years ago today (3 August 2007) that John Gardner passed away (aged 80) while out shopping. May we as a Bond community never forget him.
    190.JPG+copy.jpg
    @MajorDSmythe. Me too. I suspect both also have their fair share of critics. I read this morning that Noel Coward described Cilla as "ghastly beyond belief".
    Putting elitism to one side, Cilla made presenting Blind Date look effortless. She struck the right tone between irony and respect. She made the programme her own, who else could have taken over without claims that "they're not as good as Cilla" - she was very good at her job and, even if you didn't like the end product, she deserves respect.
    patb wrote: »
    Putting elitism to one side, Cilla made presenting Blind Date look effortless. She struck the right tone between irony and respect. She made the programme her own, who else could have taken over without claims that "they're not as good as Cilla" - she was very good at her job and, even if you didn't like the end product, she deserves respect.

Cilla Black was also a singer in the 1960s.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It is eight years ago today (3 August 2007) that John Gardner passed away (aged 80) while out shopping. May we as a Bond community never forget him.
    190.JPG+copy.jpg

R.I.P John. Always been a fan of his Bond books on the whole.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP George Cole, a legend of British TV and Cinema.
    Sad news, I just heard about it before logging in. :(

R.I.P
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just woke up to find out that George 'Arthur Daley' Cole has passed away.
    Minder was a must see in my household growing up. A very underrated actor I think.
    A very good innings he had, but sad nonetheless.

RIP
    RIP John Gardner. I really enjoyed some of your Bond novels.
    RIP George Cole! The iconic Arthur Daley! ^:)^ Will have a large VAT for you George!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Her indoors will be most diss chuffed RIP George Cole.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 17,809
    I was sad to read of the death (in The Times) of the historian, author and poet Robert (Bob) Conquest, who was a good friend of Bond author and expert Sir Kingsley Amis. In fact Amis dedicated The James Bond Dossier "To CAROLEEN & BOB CONQUEST". Amis also wrote the novel The Egyptologists with Bob Conquest. Bob Conquest died at the grand old age of 98.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    French comic book author Coyote (real name Philippe Escaffre), longtime fixture of the french magazine "Fluide Glacial", has passed away from a heart attack at the age of 53 yesterday. He was mostly famous for the adventures of "Litteul Kevin", a kid living in a biker family :

couv_2247.jpg

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-341137-l-auteur-de-bd-coyote-qui-avait-notamment-cree-litteul-kevin-est-decede.html
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Today marks the 51st anniversary of Fleming's death. May he rest in pieace.
    Thank you for entertaining me with your stories, for giving me a reason to go on when everything semmed to be lost and for all the precious lessons which taught me how to live in this mercyless world. R.I.P.
    It's with great sadness that I've learned of the passing of Uggie, the dog who stole the show in the movie "The Artist". May a big marrow bone wait for him in that big kennel in Heaven.

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-341245-uggie-le-celebre-chien-du-film-the-artist-est-mort-a-l-age-de-13-ans.html
    Walecs wrote: »
    Today marks the 51st anniversary of Fleming's death. May he rest in peace.
    Thank you for entertaining me with your stories, for giving me a reason to go on when everything seemed to be lost and for all the precious lessons which taught me how to live in this merciless world. R.I.P.

Seconded. A date I never forget. :(
    Thank you for entertaining me with your stories, for giving me a reason to go on when everything seemed to be lost and for all the precious lessons which taught me how to live in this merciless world. R.I.P.

R.I.P. Ian Fleming. If only you could have been alive this year, seeing two of your creations coming again to the big screen.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

R.I.P. Ian Fleming. If only you could have been alive this year, seeing two of your creations coming again to the big screen.

And all the black Bond discussions. RIP.