Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

That must be terrible. I never knew that about @Benny.

My mum has a friend who lost two sons when they were both young due to very different conditions (one was a toddler and the other was a teenager). We can experience awful things in life so it's important we cherish what we do have.

Thanks for the mention @FoxRox. Hope you are doing ok.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sadly I never knew any of my grandparents. My maternal grandmother was the only one who lived to see my birth but she died when I was less than a year and a half. Cherish your memories.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The sentiment and thoughts are deeply appreciated. My wife and I lost twin girls at childbirth, something that we carry with us. But we are lucky to have two beautiful children. A daughter born two years later, and a five year old son who we had at the time. Whilst this doesn't take away the pain, it does help. It was seven years ago, and life does go on. We remember them on their anniversary, and think about them often. We've been to the lowest of lows in that time, and you can do two things. You can give up and let life get you down. As I said, we had a five year old son at the time, so he helped me a lot get through the trauma. Along with my wife of course. As well as family and friends, many of whom here (at least on the old Keeping The British End Up site) really supported us, and helped greatly.
    I never thought I could get through it, as if it would be with me forever. Traumatising me, making me dwell on our loss. But time is a strange thing. You do move on. Wounds do heal. It never totally goes away. You carry it with you. I don't talk about it often as it can make people feel awkward. And I hope by mentioning it here, people don't feel the same. I'm ok with it.
    I still have a sense of humour, I still enjoy watching Bond movies and discussing OO7. I still have a happy life. And I still have my finger on the ban button when some smartass troll or spam bot decide to join our forum.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    That was touching @Benny. Thank you.
    Just learned that Guy Béart, one of the greatest french author/singers (and father of actress Emmanuelle Béart) has died this morning aged 85 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-342834-le-chanteur-guy-beart-est-decede-a-l-age-de-85-ans.html

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't believe it's been a year already, @BAIN123. Where does the time go? Actually, there was quite a few of us, myself included, who seemed to suffer a terrible loss on these boards in a period of a year or so. Very tragic stuff, but it was nice having support from you all. Been just a little over six months since my Dad passed away, and it still feels like yesterday.
    Be prepared for the year mark to come round fairly quickly @Creasy.

The memories of the day itself will probably stay with you for a while, but, over time, the intensity goes away.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Can't believe it's been a year already, @BAIN123. Where does the time go? Actually, there was quite a few of us, myself included, who seemed to suffer a terrible loss on these boards in a period of a year or so. Very tragic stuff, but it was nice having support from you all. Been just a little over six months since my Dad passed away, and it still feels like yesterday.

It's just part of what makes us a great community. Faces come and go in life but at the end of the day, these people will always be here for each other through thick and thin, through the laughs and the tears. We do it not because it's expected of us or for the karma it provides, but because somewhere along the road we've all lost somebody important and we know how vital support and friendship can be in times of hardship.

I count a great many of you as good friends beyond our Bond interests, and that all comes down to what we are willing to do for each other, though most of us have never met. I hate when I get up, come on the forum and see this thread bumped up because it means somewhere out there one of us may've lost a loved one, but no matter what has unfolded I also know we'll always support those that need it, no matter what.
    Just learned that writer Jackie Collins (sister of Joan Collins) died recently at the age of 77. F...ing cancer !

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-342979-la-romanciere-a-succes-jackie-collins-est-decedee-d-un-cancer-du-sein-en-californie-a-l-age-de-77-ans.html
    RIP Jackie Collins. Not read the books but she always gave fun interviews to watch and enjoy!
  • Very sad to hear about Jackie Collins. I've never read her books but I loved her interviews because she seemed like such a vivacious lady. In a way, I suppose her books were for women what Ian Fleming's books were for men. Wish her family the best.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Jack Larson, the guy who played Jammy Olsen in the 50's Superman series....

http://www.advocate.com/people/2015/9/21/actor-jack-larson-superman-fame-dies-87
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Jammy Olsen. He was always in a jam.
    The revival of "Twin Peaks" will be done without the Log Lady. Catherine E. Coulson passed away from cancer yesterday, aged 71.

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/09/28/twin-peaks-log-lady-catherine-e-coulson-passes-away/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The log lady has logged off. RIP.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 5,811
    Just learned that John Guillermin, the director of "The Towering Inferno" has died this sunday, aged 89 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-343494-john-guillermin-le-realisateur-de-la-tour-infernale-est-decede-a-l-age-de-89-ans.html

He was a directar able to do the best (the aforementioned "Towering Inferno", but also "The Bridge at Remagen") and the worst ("King Kong" and "King Kong Lives". Still, he'll be missed.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not sure if any of you have heard the terrible news about the recent school rampage in Oregon, that left 13 students dead. I hope they all rest in peace and wish the other victims a speeding recovery.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,622
    royale65 wrote: »
    That was touching @Benny. Thank you.
    Same. Didn't know that story. 7 years ago. Time flies. Board was abuzz back then with QoS buildup.
    Son would be 12 years old now. Just reaching full Bond appreciation age, at least that's the age, that I came into full obsessive Bondage at.

jake24 wrote: »
    Not sure if any of you have heard the terrible news about the recent school rampage in Oregon, that left 13 students dead. I hope they all rest in peace and wish the other victims a speeding recovery.

RIP to all of them. Such a sad thing. I was actually on my own college campus yesterday when it happened, so reading about it while I'm in classes was real scary.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sad, sad news.
    Horrible news about Oregon. Every time I hear about one of these shootings my heart sinks, and I can only imagine how painful it is for the victims' families and friends. My prayers and thoughts are with them.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Kurt Wallander author Henning Mankell has passed away at the age of 67.
    And another one bites the dust : French singer Lenny Escudero has died today, aged 82 :

20minutes.fr/culture/musique/1705927-20151009-chanteur-leny-escudero-mort

I know that one of my former colleagues at work must be very sad, having been a long time fan of this artist.

edited October 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme, who reinvented the Louisiana cuisine, has passed away:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/louisiana-legend-paul-prudhomme-dead-at-75-181652633.html
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,444
    Jim Diamond past a way on age off 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=OBGuQVwzYbU

Source: Rtlnieuws
    Kurt Wallander author Henning Mankell has passed away at the age of 67.

Oh no, one of the great crime authors of our time. I adore the Wallander novels. RIP.

Birdleson wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme, who reinvented the Louisiana cuisine, has passed away:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/louisiana-legend-paul-prudhomme-dead-at-75-181652633.html

I once saw him at an intersection in Hollywood and thought that he was Dom DeLuis.

I can really see the similarities in that comparison.
    Just reading the Twitter account of Sir Roger Moore who is sad to hear of the death if Bond screewriter Christopher Wood. RIP