Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad to learn the passing of Omar Sharif, the last of the principle cast members of Lawrence Of Arabia.
    R.I.P Sherif Ali
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He must have reached a respectable age? He was old when i was a kid. RIP.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Omar Sharif, another legend...
    RIP Omar Sharif, a true icon cinema! ^:)^
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Omar Sharif, super actor and could take to anything. I never knew, however, he could do comedy until I watched Top Secret. He was excellent in his, too small, part....
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 12,269
    Satoru Iwata, long-time president of Nintendo of Japan, passed away July 11 at age 55. He led Nintendo through ups and downs, and upheld the family friendly image the company provides - which is a rarity among games as a whole. RIP Mr. Iwata - I will miss you.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just read about that, how tragic and sad. RIP Satoru Iwata. Thank you for all the fun.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,444
    Hiroshi Yamauchi whas producer of the 80's/90's Nitendo, who past a way in 2013. Satoru Iwata was his follow up since 2013. But stil 55 years old is very young and you can see him as Barbara Broccoli of Nitendo. He created the Nintendo GameCube, the follow up of the N64.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited July 2015 Posts: 5,080
    Very sad to learn of the passing of Satoru Iwata- he oversaw the successes of two of the greatest consoles ever in the Nintendo DS and Wii.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Rest in peace Mr. Iwata. This was one of his final contributions to the industry for E3 this year.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 14,831
    RIP Aubrey Morris: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/16/aubrey-morris

He played Mr. Deltoid in A Clockwork Orange.

Small role, but what memorable scenes:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Formula One racing driver Jules Bianchi has succombed to his injuries sustained during the Japanese Grand Prix 9 months ago. He was in the coma since then.

He is the first driver to die resulting of a crash during a Grand Prix weekend since Ayrton Senna in 1994.
    RIP Jules Bianchi. A talent taken from us so young.
    RIP Alex Rocco, the actor who played Moe Greene from the first Godfather. Especially weird thing is that I watched the Godfather the same day he died (July 18), unknowing of what happened since it wasn't announced until the 19th.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    RIP Alex Rocco, the actor who played Moe Greene from the first Godfather. Especially weird thing is that I watched the Godfather the same day he died (July 18), unknowing of what happened since it wasn't announced until the 19th.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Great actor. Unforgettable role.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,808
    Sad to hear of the death (aged 84) of the author, editor and professor E.L. Doctorow. He was Ian Fleming's American editor towards the end of the Bond novels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._L._Doctorow

Sad also to read of the death of the actor Theodore Bikel (aged 91) - he was a great villain in the Columbo episode The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case. He was also down to play Goldfinger and his screen tests are on the UE DVD.
    Doctorow was a good writer of his own, too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

RIP to Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of the legendary Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. She was 22 and succumbed to her tragic injuries after 6 months in a coma.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    RIP to Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of the legendary Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. She was 22 and succumbed to her tragic injuries after 6 months in a coma.

Sad to hear that. A tragic end to a young life.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 17,808
    Doctorow was a good writer of his own, too.

Indeed he was.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Rest in peace Hot Rod, a true legend. He was a big part of why WWE is what it is today. Have vivid memories of watching him face off against Hogan and Mr T at Wrestlemania 1 when very young. Have the match on DVD will watch it as well as They Live as tribute.
    RIP Rowdy
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    theylivewide.jpg

Wherever Rowdy has gone, I trust he has gone there to chew gun and kick ass...

R.I.P
    Rose Garden played constantly on the radio in 1973.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RIP First Sir Patrick Macnee, now Clemens
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Rip Hot rod...one of the best trash talkers in WWE history.