The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

Do you all think Roger Moore was the most easy going actor to play bond to the producers/production? I never heard of Roger Moore ever giving cubby and crew a hard time. Correct me if I'm wrong
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    What did Bond mean when he called Moneypenny "Britain's last line of defense" in OHMSS? Was it because she was so dedicated to her job that she turned him down?

Speaking of which, Moneypenny turning Bond down for a date in OHMSS made no sense. She was practically gagging for Bond in every previous film. I understand Lazenby isn't as charming as Connery but the movie isn't supposed to know that, haha.

I feel like there was a point when Maxwell's Moneypenny realized it wasn't going to happen.
  • echo wrote: »
    What did Bond mean when he called Moneypenny "Britain's last line of defense" in OHMSS? Was it because she was so dedicated to her job that she turned him down?

Speaking of which, Moneypenny turning Bond down for a date in OHMSS made no sense. She was practically gagging for Bond in every previous film. I understand Lazenby isn't as charming as Connery but the movie isn't supposed to know that, haha.

I feel like there was a point when Maxwell's Moneypenny realized it wasn't going to happen.

That makes sense. But what about the "last line of defense" line?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Do you all think Roger Moore was the most easy going actor to play bond to the producers/production? I never heard of Roger Moore ever giving cubby and crew a hard time. Correct me if I'm wrong

I definitely think so. Despite his constant claims to leave the role, I got the impression that Moore was an all-around great guy to both work with and just be around.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Him and Cubby serving pasta to the TSWLM crew says it all really.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Are there any more Bond film pictures like this out there?

rvKV8FY.jpg

75qLehZ.jpg

Anyone know how to do this?

Also, where is Bond standing when he shoots Mr White in CR?
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada

Pretty much. She's good at her job and she liaison's between a lot of departments, and between M and the 00s, etc. Her tasks as the 'secretary' seems dull and ordinary on the surface, but as M himself says, what would he do without her? I always took it as a gentle jab than anything with much deeper meaning.
  • eddychaput wrote: »

Pretty much. She's good at her job and she liaison's between a lot of departments, and between M and the 00s, etc. Her tasks as the 'secretary' seems dull and ordinary on the surface, but as M himself says, what would he do without her? I always took it as a gentle jab than anything with much deeper meaning.

If that was the case than why was she practically begging for Bond's affections for the first 5 films? It just seemed inconsistent with her character. Almost as if she knew that this was a different, less desirable Bond.
    Are there any more Bond film pictures like this out there?

rvKV8FY.jpg

75qLehZ.jpg

Anyone know how to do this?

Also, where is Bond standing when he shoots Mr White in CR?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PropertyOfALady, it's missing certain bits, such as the finale on the rooftop/in M's office of SF.
    Yes, but how to make them. I'd love to do it.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    That's such a hard work to be done (tho it's nice to see it). Not just capturing many important frames, but making the collage of all of them...
  • In Quantum of Solace James Bond is following Dominic Green from a small airfield in Haiti. As Green's plane takes off we see the airfield traffic control booth where a guy is watching TV. It's on the minute 36 sharp of the movie. Question: what movie are they watching?
  • Got a screenshot?
  • It looks a bit like "Shall We Dance" with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez..
  • fromswedenwithlove, I can't find that scene in Shall we dance. Not sure about it
    Looks like surveillance camera, no?
  • No, the fragment lasts for four seconds and we see a man who is bringing flowers to a woman
  • Either a movie or a tvseries
  • Google search returned nothing, but I guess there is a hardcore James Bond expert out there who knows the answer
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Please don't multi-post. We have an edit function for a reason. If you wish to add to a previous comment and no-one has replied to that comment, then edit the post.
    At the top right corner of each post near the Quote function a bolt will be highlighted when you move your cursor over it displaying Options, clicking this tab will give you the option of editing the post.
    I guess as fans we're all different, but why the desire to know what's playing on that screen in a scene that has no impact on the rest of the movie. It's just a guy in a control tower?
  • With the destruction of the MI6 Headquarters at Vauxhall Cross, it appears that MI6 is located in a different building. In some of the older Bond films, we see the exterior of the office. Would it be safe to assume that the office in the old films is the office being used now?
  • @Benny Even Benny Hill is a not as boring as you are, and he's dead now!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 553
    Oh dear...multi posts, duplicate threads, then insulting a fellow member..off to a winning start
  • @Thepastykid Yeah, these all are the deadly sins these days...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Well well look who's back ! .
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited September 2015 Posts: 2,138
    DanielLee wrote: »
    @Benny Even Benny Hill is a not as boring as you are, and he's dead now!

Respect the rules or go elsewhere. Same rules for everyone. I think you owe Benny an apology. If you don't we don't want such arrogance in this community I would rather see you banned.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    With the destruction of the MI6 Headquarters at Vauxhall Cross, it appears that MI6 is located in a different building. In some of the older Bond films, we see the exterior of the office. Would it be safe to assume that the office in the old films is the office being used now?

No if you are referring to the Churchill bunker in Skyfall. SIS HQ only opened at Vauxhall Cross in 1995. Pre Vauxhall Cross In the two previous films, Octopussy and A view to a kill, the old war office building in Whitehall had been used and it would also feature in Dalton's last film, Licence to Kill. Why the Malaysia tourist office was used is unknown. The building seen in the background is the Canada house, which is part of the High Commission of Canada in London. It hosts the consular and cultural sections of the High Commission.

The building is situated right next to Charing Cross tube station, on Cockspur street in Trafalgar square. In the film there is a man selling newspapers in the corner. He is shouting out the top story, something that is rarely heard today.
  • DanielLee wrote: »
    @Benny Even Benny Hill is a not as boring as you are, and he's dead now!

Respect the rules or go elsewhere. Same rules for everyone. I think you owe Benny an apology. If you don't we don't want such arrogance in this community I would rather see you banned.

In addition to owing @Benny an apology for doing his job I also believe he owes Benny Hill an apology. Living or dead the man is funnier than 99% of comedians today.
  • DanielLee wrote: »
    @Thepastykid Yeah, these all are the deadly sins these days...

Maybe...you know, stop digging