SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    This discussion is over... And has been for some time!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Murdock wrote: »
    I made this in a few hours. Inspired by the poster for TLD.
    TOkTuibl.jpg

That's really fantastic, maybe if you replace Sterling Archer in the middle of the first Spectre poster and replace it with Sean Connery of the second Spectre poster it would be even more fabulous.

I'd even pay for a poster like this. I wish I could do such things, I guess I'm too old to be that creative again :P
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    One is never too old to be creative. :)
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I fail to see what's lazy about it.
    A poster like that could be made in 10 minutes. That's lazy.

"Le temps ne fait rien à l'affaire" (Freely translated: time is irrelevant to the matter at hand). Anthony Burgess wrote A Clockwork Orange in a few weeks. Same with Gaston Leroux with The Phantom of the Opera. Like @NickTwentyTwo said, you are making an assumption.
    You are so right. There was a "creative process" where they spent loads of time coming up with the idea to slap a white tux on Danny, take a couple of pictures of him and then use a screenshot from the trailer from the Day of the Dead festival in the background to present some sort of minimalistic poster. Some piece of art they came up with. And the blueish color, that don't fit anywhere with the style and tone of the movie? Top notch!

5 minutes. That's it. That is all it would take me to do this poster if I had a picture of Craig in a white tux. I would probably fix his overexposed face though. So maybe six minutes. And that.... I don't assume.

Well, what can I say? Congratulations! You are a marketing genius.

For the record, I don't think it's a great poster. I do think however that it is good, or good enough. You don't know if it took them long or not, how many posters were suggested, or why they decided to go for this one. I don't go to cinema often, maybe such posters are the flavour of the month and audiences react well with it, for all I care. The poster of OHMSS had Bond on skis wearing a tux and I have no idea how or why they came up with that idea either. It certainly was not in the movie. If you think about it, it's completely silly.
    I can't believe how many comments i just scrolled through regarding the poster! ~X( :)) :-h
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Guys, we can't turn on each other. That's just what the poster wants.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »

This poster has turned us into rabid dogs!

Wait until there's real pouting over the next biggie - the title singer/song...
    andmcit wrote: »
    Wait until there's real pouting over the next biggie - the title singer/song...

As Bond says: "N'enculons pas les mouches."

Do I need to translate?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    A recap of the last 5 pages:

I don't like it, it's too simple

No, it's minimalist and cool

No.

Hey, that's my opinion. Don't disrespect.

I'm just saying it's good.

Fine.

Repeat every 10 posts with a new member.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,167
    The poster of OHMSS had Bond on skis wearing a tux and I have no idea how or why they came up with that idea either. It certainly was not in the movie. If you think about it, it's completely silly.
    Yes, Bond doing his pose on skis, or while sitting in Little Nellie or while wearing a jetpack is silly. That was about 50 years ago. Love the artwork, though.

I'm a sucker for great poster artwork. The SP movie poster ain't it. It looks like amateur work, mainly because the three main features of the poster (text, Bond and skull) are at a different perspectives with no defined light source.

And thank you, by the way.
    Every time I look at DC on the new poster his nose just looks so wide an flat as it's all overexposed. Makes me think of this:

Picture%209_1.png
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

=)) =)) =))
  • RC7RC7

This tickled me.
    The poster of OHMSS had Bond on skis wearing a tux and I have no idea how or why they came up with that idea either. It certainly was not in the movie. If you think about it, it's completely silly.
    Yes, Bond doing his pose on skis, or while sitting in Little Nellie or while wearing a jetpack is silly. That was about 50 years ago. Love the artwork, though.

I'm a sucker for great poster artwork. The SP movie poster ain't it. It looks like amateur work, mainly because the three main features of the poster (text, Bond and skull) are at a different perspectives with no defined light source.

And thank you, by the way.

I don't know much about artwork and I'm rather philistine, but hey, for me it worked. A bit bare perhaps, but not in a bad way. I don't think they managed yet to do something as good as the CR poster, but there you go.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,167
    @Ludovico I agree. The CR poster is fantastic. But they have become worse, IMO, with each movie after that.

EDIT: 8 pages were spent anticipating the "big news" that turned out to be the poster reveal. And now people moan about 5 pages being spent discussing it?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    This is my (almost) final comment on the poster discussion

full.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree. Personally, I think the CR one is the best one of the past 15 to 20 yrs.

The new one is better than the SF poster (which was embarrassingly bad imho) and at least the image behind conveys the feeling of a 'Spectre' to the uninformed, but it's really not much to write home about.
    This may be my final comment on the poster discussion:

I don't know folks, do you really think the last poster was better?
    I mean look at it once more...

full.jpg
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree. Personally, I think the CR one is the best one of the past 15 to 20 yrs.

The new one is better than the SF poster (which was embarrassingly bad imho) and at least the image behind conveys the feeling of a 'Spectre' to the uninformed, but it's really not much to write home about.

It didn't hurt the movie at the BO though. My guess is that these posters, where the focus is on Bond/Craig, have a particular "appeal" for whatever marketing reasons. Maybe Daniel Craig as Bond is now the only thing needed to sell the movie when it comes to posters?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883

It didn't hurt the movie at the BO though. My guess is that these posters, where the focus is on Bond/Craig, have a particular "appeal" for whatever marketing reasons. Maybe Daniel Craig as Bond is now the only thing needed to sell the movie when it comes to posters?

True, I actually like the fact that it's just Craig. Better than the DAD days when Brosnan was having equal billing with Berry (that seemed odd to me).

To be clear, I'm referring to the SF poster with the gunbarrel. I really disliked that one.

I like the one below a lot
    tumblr_md8v3vo63u1qg4blro1_1280.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

True, I actually like the fact that it's just Craig. Better than the DAD days when Bond was having equal billing with the leading lady (that seemed odd to me).

To be clear, I'm referring to the SF poster with the gunbarrel. I really disliked that one. I like this one a lot
    latest?cb=20120913203054
    I like that one too. This is where minimalism works IMO.

• doubleoego wrote: »
    trevanian wrote: »

If you can show me some instances where a co-producer/associate producer was a significant creative part of the process on a major film (as opposed to just being an assistant line producer or, more likely, somebody's agent or an early writer on the project, I'll defer to your knowledge in this matter. Jon Povill on the first trek movie is the only one I'm aware of.

I don't understand your perception regarding the films I cited either. In both cases, they were clearly courting their star (Crichton had written the novel with Connery in mind, and alien4 couldn't even get greenlit w/o Weaver), so I don't see this as different at all. Perhaps what's laughable is your attempting to distance this from those off-the-top-of-my-head examples.

The producers guild has made some strides on film credits, but they need to do more to hone it. The only producer credits I'm inclined to take at face value currently are the ones with PGA included on the titles, but it is early days with this I guess.

If you can't see the significance of EoN crediting their actor as a co-producer then it's a waste of time having this discussion. You mention Alien Resurrection and Rise of the sun, so what? Who cares? Are they EoN Bond movies? No. Lead actors serve producer roles in films and TV all the time, so you name dropping the fims you mentioned does nothing to further your so called argument other than to point out what's common knowledge. When in all of 50 odd years have EoN made such an appointment? The fact is they haven't. Ever; and the fact that something so simple clearly goes over your head proves I'm wasting my time.
    On the 'wasting time' part we are in absolute agreement. I haven't looked for an 'ignore' button since I've been back, but maybe that is what I should be spending my time on.

The only reason some here are so excited about Craig being credited as co-producer on that poster is they have now another argument to convince themselves and the world how important and great Saint Craig is and nothing compares to him of course.

This has reached the point of ridiculousness.
    Is Craig the first in the franchise's history to get co-producing a movie? Yes, of course.
    But it's as common in Hollywood as donuts in a police station to have an actor co-producing the movie, it's just another means to earn money for an actor. Nothing else, nothing more.

True, I actually like the fact that it's just Craig. Better than the DAD days when Bond was having equal billing with the leading lady (that seemed odd to me).

To be clear, I'm referring to the SF poster with the gunbarrel. I really disliked that one. I like this one a lot
    latest?cb=20120913203054

I think this is the best poster of the Craig era too. Wish I could find the perfectly snapped picture someone shot of a little girl standing to the right of the poster, hands in the air, leaning back. Very cute.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,588
    smitty wrote: »

latest?cb=20120913203054

I think this is the best poster of the Craig era too. Wish I could find the perfectly snapped picture someone shot of a little girl standing to the right of the poster, hands in the air, leaning back. Very cute.
    Definitely wouldn't label it as the best Craig era poster, that title goes to the CR teaser poster IMO.
  • Did anyone actually thought of Daniel Craig taking a break for one Bond film. Like Sean Connery did. And also Matt Damon for his Jason Bourne franchise. And then Craig returns in Bond 26 :-)?

In any case, I was wondering about that. Still, Daniel Craig is younger than Tom Cruise. It must be possible that he will continue in the role as 007.
    Did anyone actually thought of Daniel Craig taking a break for one Bond film. Like Sean Connery did. And also Matt Damon for his Jason Bourne franchise. And then Craig returns in Bond 26 :-)?

In any case, I was wondering about that. Still, Daniel Craig is younger than Tom Cruise. It must be possible that he will continue in the role as 007.

Once Craig is gone, he's gone for good. A Bourne scenario will not happen because there it was another character. Now if EON would decide to make one movie with 006... :))

As for his age, after your logic Craig can be Bond until his retirement. Why not. I'm sure some people here will drool when thinking of such a thing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    andmcit wrote: »
    Every time I look at DC on the new poster his nose just looks so wide an flat as it's all overexposed. Makes me think of this:

Picture%209_1.png

Is this guy on EON s radar?
    Like Marketto said - you would talk about it for days. He knows you, guys :P