Comments

• Look at this

23003536qi.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    2 hrs 27mins sounds satisfyingly long enough
  • Bernie99 wrote: »
    Look at this

23003536qi.jpg

FFFF-ING 147 MINUTES :-D!!! Longest Bond film ever after "OHMSS", "CR" and even "SF" :-D !!!!

Damn, I'm getting insane!
    I'm gonna go banco on this as the news:

1 confirmation of Craig for one if not two more bond films
    2 confirmation of mendes as director to complete his trilogy
    3 tickets for the premier

My only possible issues are 1 and 2 are not SP related so it doesn't make sense to talk about this stuff now. So they would have to back it up with something more current. New trailer? Hardly worthy of a press conference!

It won't be anything negative it would be suicide to create any detrimental PR and they are much too intelligent for that.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    I've said this before - due to how the first screenings of the film in the UK/Ireland are simultaneous with the RAH premiere on the 26th, I very much doubt they'll release tickets to the premiere like Skyfall.

$_57.JPG
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMES-BOND-007-SPECTRE-Daniel-Craig-Camera-Crew-Jacket-In-Size-Medium-/321848517604?hash=item4aefaaa3e4&nma=true&si=seRogp20y7AEDjDGBlZgt%2Fw09so%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And the concept art from the same eBay guy's listings:
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    There will be no one lining the red carpet to see the stars arrive - everyone will be in the various cinemas watching the film ;)
    NicNac wrote: »
    There will be no one lining the red carpet to see the stars arrive - everyone will be in the various cinemas watching the film ;)

Well given the showings begin at 8pm - I assume everyone will just flee the red carpet at 7-ish :))
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,160
    FFFF-ING 147 MINUTES :-D!!! Longest Bond film ever after "OHMSS", "CR" and even "SF" :-D !!!!
    They haven't finished post-production, so it could be more. Or less. But yes... 140-150 minutes is also my guess. There's simply too much going on for it to have a runtime below 140.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    antovolk wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »

Well given the showings begin at 8pm - I assume everyone will just flee the red carpet at 7-ish :))

The police will think street riots have started again, people flooding to the cinemas. :)>-
  • This must be one of the most mysterious concept art pictures I've ever seen! I don't know if it's even a spoiler, but I put it behind spoilers
    Just look at the man on the left. Who the hell is he? Clearly we can see 007 on the right and possibly Swann. And what about those antlers on the walls. Simply creepy!

$_57.JPG
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    This must be one of the most mysterious concept art pictures I've ever seen! I don't know if it's even a spoiler, but I put it behind spoilers
    Just look at the man on the left. Who the hell is he? Clearly we can see 007 on the right and possibly Swann. And what about those antlers on the walls. Simply creepy!

$_57.JPG
    I think it may be Oberhauser

Also - looks like BOTH the Empire IMAX Leicester Square and the Odeon Leicester Square will be playing the film. Both cinemas just answered my question on Twitter.
    This must be one of the most mysterious concept art pictures I've ever seen! I don't know if it's even a spoiler, but I put it behind spoilers

$_57.JPG
    It's Oberhauser. Surely these concept art pictures were made before Waltz was given the role. So the painter just painted a man.
  • SPECTRE running time is 2h 35min (155m), according to Empire Cinemas:

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/synopsis/spectre/f4585
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, that is a long Bond movie if it's around 155 minutes.
    SPECTRE running time is 2h 35min (155m), according to Empire Cinemas:

On the same site it says:

"BBFC Consumer Advice:Rating & Running Time TBC."

So the 155 minutes is just a guess by Empire Cinemas. Nothing is confirmed.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It is. Let's hope it can justify it and not sag in the middle, like a lot of 150min+ movies.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »

It is. Let's hope it can justify it and not sag in the middle, like a lot of 150min+ movies.

That'll be my only concern. If they can make the movie stick at a great pace without dragging and making me check what time it is, I'll be very happy.

Is that the news we're supposed to get today, or for those who know, is it supposed to be something else?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Found this an had a good laugh, obviously at the time they got wind of the storyline with regards to Mallory but thought Albert Finney was playing that part lol. Great looking back at the speculation during Skyfall in the same way people are now doing about Spectre. Shows how wrong some can be when they add 1 and 1 and end up with 3.

http://whatculture.com/film/albert-finney-to-play-ms-superior-in-bond-23.php
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Jan1985 wrote: »

$_57.JPG
    It's Oberhauser. Surely these concept art pictures were made before Waltz was given the role. So the painter just painted a man.

Its the Ghost of Silva lol
  • RC7 wrote: »

I thought the recent Christopher Nolan movies, especially "The Dark Knight" was perfect. It went by so fast in cinema, while it was a whopping 152 mins.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    According to Twitter, this is the Bollinger packaging for SPECTRE.

CN-mq9YUkAAXqqr.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/TheRealWineGuy
  • RC7RC7

I thought the recent Christopher Nolan movies, especially "The Dark Knight" was perfect. It went by so fast in cinema, while it was a whopping 152 mins.

His best movie in terms of pacing is 'Batman Begins', which uses its 140 mins excellently. Inception also works for me, but that's because there's a concept there. A plot. If SP has sufficient weight in that department then it should work, if its focus is more on thematics, ala SF, or a strictly personal head to head then it could run the risk of becoming a trudge. There's nothing really at stake in SF, other than the personal fates of the characters, which is why I find the second half less dynamic than the first, the first having at least some sense of direction with the exposing of agents and the sense of uncontrollable chaos emanating from MI6. There was a decent amount of balance between plot and character, but it slides into semantics after Silva's capture and could have been rounded off quicker than it was. Anyhow, I've faith that the plot of SP will have a decent amount of beef on the bone.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Judging by the fact that the film is still in the cutting room, this is pure speculation at the moment.
  • RC7RC7

Judging by the fact that the film is still in the cutting room, this is pure speculation at the moment.

Yeah, I think it'll come down.
  • RC7 wrote: »

His best movie in terms of pacing is 'Batman Begins', which uses its 140 mins excellently. Inception also works for me, but that's because there's a concept there. A plot. If SP has sufficient weight in that department then it should work, if its focus is more on thematics, ala SF, or a strictly personal head to head then it could run the risk of becoming a trudge. There's nothing really at stake in SF, other than the personal fates of the characters, which is why I find the second half less dynamic than the first, the first having at least some sense of direction with the exposing of agents and the sense of uncontrollable chaos emanating from MI6. There was a decent amount of balance between plot and character, but it slides into semantics after Silva's capture and could have been rounded off quicker than it was. Anyhow, I've faith that the plot of SP will have a decent amount of beef on the bone.

Personally, I really didn't mind the 2nd half of the pacing of SF. In all honesty. But that's my taste. I'm always open for a slower approach, like in the old days. But I do agree that the villain's scheme, was basically handled after the committee room shoot-out. After that it was indeed all about revenge outside the MI6-frame (not entirely, as this Silva did commit the worst terrorist attacks since the 2005 London terrorist attacks...so the basterd had to be caught..).
  • RC7RC7
    After that it was indeed all about revenge outside the MI6-frame (not entirely, as this Silva did commit the worst terrorist attacks since the 2005 London terrorist attacks...so the basterd had to be caught..).

Hence why I find it strange they didn't make more of it. The juxtaposition of that against the personal and psychological tussle between the three key players would have worked really well and added a bit of tangibility to the threat.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 108
    Jan1985 wrote: »

On the same site it says:

"BBFC Consumer Advice:Rating & Running Time TBC."

So the 155 minutes is just a guess by Empire Cinemas. Nothing is confirmed.

It's more than a guess. They are given the approximate run time by Eon/Sony/MGM so they can plan their schedule ahead of the tickets going on sale next week.

Interestingly, it was Empire Cinemas, that had SF ahead if its release, in early September, as 2 hours 25 minutes. Which turned out to be more or less accurate.

https://mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10394&catid=107&t=mi6&s=bond23

Then a few days later it turned out that that had come directly from Sony Pictures.

https://mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10405&catid=107&t=mi6&s=bond23

• Are we still getting something today at 5pm UK Time?

The film will be fine cut now and they will be busy sound mixing and recording the score, so the length of the film (near as damn it, because they can still make tweaks) will be established.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is there still something big coming today?