New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome chaps!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome Szonana.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    G'day, and welcome from an Aussie Bond fan!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome, all new members. Also to those who have not introduced themselves properly here. Why so shy?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,879
    I also never introduced myself properly in this thread, but instead eased into it by posting fan art and become friends with other artists. Eventually, I opened up a bit more when I was comfortable enough.

It can be intimidating joining a forum for the first time- even if you've been lurking long enough to become familiar with the members. That's how it is for me with another Bond forum- I've been following it for a couple of years now, and have still yet to join! :-O 8-}
    Being a bit of an egomaniac, I have introduced myself on first joining, but
    I'll go again as .... I've had a particularly fascinating life !, would you like to hear about it ? :D

I'm a 50 year old grumpy git, married with two daughters and got into Bond
    at around 11 when Dr No was first shown on TV ( loved it on sight) then from
    Other films being shown on tv, and reading the Books, I moved to watching them
    In the cinema. My first big Bond experience being TSWLM.
    I'd be a bit of a Fleming traditionalist, but am open to new ideas. I love the reboot
    with Daniel Craig, who not looking as Fleming describes Bond, does play him as
    Fleming wrote.
    As for the MI6 Forum, I love reading all the posts, some I agree with, others I
    Think are wrong ( but who doesn't), but so long as we can all keep it friendly ( we
    Are all Bond fans, after all ) heated discussions can be interesting and educational.
    I don't post all the time but do drop by almost every day to get my fix of news and
    Opinions.
    Can't wait for Spectre to be released and a whole new wave of arguments, discussions and rows begin, until the next film. :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,586
    A second warm welcome to the good doctor, and a first to all new members. Make yourselves at home. :D
    Yet again, welcome to you, too.

I am Thunderfinger, by the way. The less said, the better.
    Yes, one finger to the lips will get you a thunderous applause.
    What in thunderation? I mean, thanks.
    Anytime, my friend. And everytime.
  • Nell73Nell73 Bristol
    Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. My name's Nell and I'm from Bristol. Been a Bond fan as long as I can remember and have been loving MI6 Confidential for nearly two years now....thought it was about time to join the community! Looking forward to exciting times ahead! Cheers.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nell73 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. My name's Nell and I'm from Bristol. Been a Bond fan as long as I can remember and have been loving MI6 Confidential for nearly two years now....thought it was about time to join the community! Looking forward to exciting times ahead! Cheers.

Welcome to the forum, @Nell73!
    Yes welcome @Nell73 :)
    edited August 2015 Posts: 13,879
    @LittleNellie A warm welcome (and a hot reception) from me, too ;)
    About time you signed up.
    If you just sign here, Mr Nell. It's the insurance damage waiver for your beautiful new MI6 Community account.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Nell73 welcome to MI6 from another Bristolian .
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2015 Posts: 17,730
    I probably didn't introduce myself very well to this community but I think you all know me by now anyhow. I just jump into posting on a forum but then I'm a bit brash. I have been a member of Bond forums since May 2002 (on CBn). I'm quieter in real life, mind. ;)

A hearty welcome to all of our new recruits; may you enjoy your time here immensely. :)
  • SMC514SMC514 Station C
    edited August 2015 Posts: 14
    Hi! My name is Sidney from Station C.
    I've known the Bond films my whole life and I am a huge fan. I grew up watching my dad's set of Special Edition DVDs for the longest time and I still watch Bond films on a regular basis. I've been on this site many times and it's great to see so many people that have as much passion as I do for this film series come together on this forum. I'm looking forward on sharing my thoughts and opinions as well as hear about everyone else's! :D
    Welcome @SMC514 :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Indeed, welcome Sidney.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Hello everyone, have been a member since 2011, but not an active one.

My name is Jeffrey, 22 year old from The Netherlands.

First Bond film I watched as a kid was FYEO and I enjoyed it very much. Been a fan ever since.
    The first film I saw in the cinema was TWINE.

My favorite Bond is Roger Moore largly because of his humour.
    My favorite film is FYEO, but it's closely followed by CR.

I look forward in posting more in the future.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Welcome, @Jeffrey! Nice to see another huge fan of FYEO.
    Welcome, both. Don t let the angry lunatics here scare you.
  • SMC514SMC514 Station C
    Oh don't worry @Thunderfinger.. Only a woman with a cello who didn't know one end of a rifle from the other would scare The Living Daylights out of me...
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Hi @Jeffrey

Good to see another FYEO fan. While not my favorite, it's the film I watch the most (if that makes any sense). And Moore should have the title of funniest Bond all to himself for some time.
    Welcome @Jeffrey
  • SirGodfreySirGodfrey France
    edited September 2015 Posts: 25
    Hello,
    I have been registered for a long time but I think I never introduced myself.
    My first Bond movie was Octopussy and I was about 5 or 6 years old. However I became a Bond fan many years after with GoldenEye despite I find it now a little bit overrated...

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SirGodfrey wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have been registered for a long time but today is my first post.
    My first Bond movie was Octopussy and I was about 5 or 6 years old. However I became a Bond fan many years after with GoldenEye despite I find it now a little bit overrated...

Hi Sir Godfrey, welcome!
    Octopussy was my first Bond also, I was 9 or 10. I became a huge Bond fan by 1987 with The Living Daylights.