SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Via @CineMovie

CineMovie's Ethan goes mano-a-mano with #Spectre star Dave Bautista. Interview coming soon. #jamesbond #wrestling

CNdjabcUkAAOfWn.jpg
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 220
    Here are the HQ pages from the issue of Total Film (October 2015):
    931547TF001.jpg
    672196TF002.jpg
    973612TF003.jpg
    187862TF004.jpg
    669089TF005.jpg
    654594TF006.jpg
    224402TF007.jpg
    116307TF008.jpg
    182669TF009.jpg
    351689TF010.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    11921866_10153504836995540_1174214599774167574_n.jpg?oh=59932b91e847c3928fe0622f68903fdb&oe=56708960&__gda__=1450593129_b4c863ded215ab0987b603504d27b236
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    EoN/Sony really need to start ramping things up come September 1st.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 2,055
    doubleoego wrote: »
    EoN/Sony really need to start ramping things up come September 1st.

Turns out they have no marketing budget left after blowing it on ten bespoke Aston Martin DB10's...

It's so refreshing to finally hear everyone talking about the film. Yes - they don't give much away, but you still feel an energy through the text and you can imagine everyone smiling as they speak. That is a very fulfilling feeling.

That is the sort of thing I wish we would get from the video-blogs.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Idk ..still early. I don't think the world wants two months of Bond blabber before the movie. IMO of course...but I think things are on track. Do I want more? Oh yeah ..
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Idk ..still early. I don't think the world wants two months of Bond blabber before the movie. IMO of course...but I think things are on track. Do I want more? Oh yeah ..

I don't want two months of talking, I am just saying this is the first time we getting the cast and crew to talk about the film and it feels good.

I don't want two months of talking, I am just saying this is the first time we are getting the cast and crew to talk about the film and it feels good.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

I don't want two months of talking, I am just saying this is the first time we are getting the cast and crew to talk about the film and it feels good.

Yea I agree with that :)
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Yea I agree with that :)
    Just rewatched "The Spy Who Loved Me" properly, and after that the "Inside TSWLM" documentary.

I must say Bond was also in this film quite bad-ass. The only film where he really shows off his commander-in-chief skills. Especially during the dissection of the atomic bomb.

But also the way he shots Stromberg. Pretty bad-ass no? Loved the film during this proper re-watch. And the insight of the entire production, especially money-wise, makes me really think of the scale of "SPECTRE". By the way, I only discovered it now that Stanley Kubrick actually worked uncredited on this film as co-director/assistant cinematographer! How ffff-ing bloody stupid I can be not knowing that before!

Anyway, this sells it. I'm now getting in 200% geek-mode for "SPECTRE". I already start dreaming of this frikkin' yet-to-be-finished film! And everytime I arrive too late in the cinema :-O! Anyway, BRING ON "SPECTRE"!
    RC7 wrote: »
    TF referencing Baron Samedi and using a photo of Yaphet Kotto. Poor. Very, very, poor.
    You beat me to this. Where is the editor when you need them??
    It's a bit lame indeed. But despite that flaw, it's quite an insightful article. Curious though why Total Film never asked this question:

"If the Sony hacks weren't really that important, then why did your company issued a statement about the hacks and that if people were going to use it as source material, they could by sued with a court case?"

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's a bit lame indeed. But despite that flaw, it's quite an insightful article. Curious though why Total Film never asked this question:

"If the Sony hacks weren't really that important, then why did your company issued a statement about the hacks and that if people were going to use it as source material, they could by sued with a court case?"

A fair question, but that would be asking for insightful, thoughtful journalism from a magazine that can't even tell the difference between Kananga and Baron Samedi (I guess there are similarities.....to some...)

Ummm....do you really need this answered? It's intellectual property theft and the clear misuse of it by a third party is a direct breach of EON's copyright. The material disseminated was EON's property and they don't want people to have unauthorised access to it, regardless of how invaluable it may be.

Surely that's self-explanatory and you don't need Michael Wilson to spoon-feed you the answer. Grow up.

Ummm....do you really need this answered? It's intellectual property theft and the clear misuse of it by a third party is a direct breach of EON's copyright. The material disseminated was EON's property and they don't want people to have unauthorised access to it, regardless of how invaluable it may be.

Surely that's self-explanatory and you don't need Michael Wilson to spoon-feed you the answer. Grow up.

True, but Michael Wilson for me sounded a bit TOO jovial in his remarks about the hacks. Obviously EON worried the shit out of those hacks. Michael Wilson could have addressed those worries a bit.

Then again, he's a producer. He needs to maintain a positive vibe.

Yes I'm a big Kubrick fan too and was like wow when I heard that. I think it was only during the tanker scenes but I can see his influence there. Pretty awesome..

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or discussed already...

...looking at the production photographs and the trailers I wonder if it could be that SPECTRE will have kind of a retro look resembling/homaging the 60's.

The clothes, the sets and the sound indicate that this could be the case.

And the far more important question...if that's really the case wouldn't that be bloody marvelous?

...looking at the production photographs and the trailers I wonder if it could be that SPECTRE will have kind of a retro look resembling/homaging the 60's.

And the far more important question...if that's really the case wouldn't that be bloody marvelous?

Yes darling Swiss boy, it would :-P.
  • RC7RC7

I'd rather a modern look. The 60's happened.
    Seems like there will be a premiere in New York
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Precisely. Let's keep things moving forward.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Seems like there will be a premiere in New York

Look at that. Only a 90 min train ride for me to get there!
    I see two possiblities: 1) There is no Blofeld. SPECTRE is a literary asset which can be used to explain the mysterious guiding hand which had been menacing Bond for the last few years. It can be lead by whoever EON wants at the helm. They can just write up the baddies as they choose. Blofeld has been made into a joke by Mike Meyers and is no longer relevant in this day and age. It's just a wicked cool name. So, No Blofeld. The guy pulling the strings is Oberhauser. Bond probably kills him off.

2)Misdirection: Blofeld is Oberhauser's partner who is left in charge after Oberhauser is offed. Is "Mr. White" a codename? He has always seemed to be a pretty senior member of the organization, though a bit more "in the field" than I would expect someone of Blofeld's stature have been. Or is he the silent partner "on the inside". Like Denbeigh? Andrew Scott does not look all that menacing. Maybe he gets a Darth Vader treatment near a volcano at the end of the movie.

Bottom line. I do not believe Oberhauser is Blofeld at all. If they respect the cannon at all, Oberhauser is the real name of a real person. So is Blofeld.
    Why would they have this title without Blofeld in the movie? Or at least hinted at for Bond 25.
    I believe he is as does half the world. Big disappointment if not. Casting alone would be a waste.

Scott would be disappointing ...too whimpy not menacing at all ...Green might have well been Blofeld.

A little soap opera-ish but another possibility is that Oberhauser could have died and Blofeld stole his identity?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I believe he is as does half the world. Big disappointment if not. Casting alone would be a waste.

Scott would be disappointing ...too whimpy not menacing at all ...Green might have well been Blofeld.

It's true, half the world believes it and I'm certain that is EON's intend.

But, Oberhauser simply can't be Blofeld.
    Because Oberhauser is James' childhood acquaintance.
    And if Oberhauser would turn out to be Blofeld it would ridicule the whole franchise to a degree where it becomes unbearable.
    Furthermore it would be a travesty of gigantic proportions and effectively transform Spectre into ludicrousness.

Like they did in the Brosnan-era. That wonderful, beautiful 1990's look. If it really concerns only the look of the film (cinematography, color filters, costumes, etc.), then in all honesty it's a more unimportant element of the film. If the story, the acting, the characters can be better than both SF and CR, I don't give a damn if it's 10's, 90's or 60's look. But I do like a nice bit of 1960's retro look :-).