The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

@dinovelvet He probably wants it that way. I imagine he has been a Star Wars fan since childhood and just wants to be in it, but not really have a part in it - like Pegg. It's for his own entertainment.
    Mads, on the other hand, is just coming off Hannibal. A juicy role is just what he needs.
    He's obviously being sarcastic in that piece. I think this is going to just turn into a weird urban legend that nobody can prove or deny unless a photo emerges clearly showing him on the set in a stormtrooper outfit (minus the helmet)
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 212
    Daniel Craig has no plans for the next 2 years, but considering doing some theater in NY:

http://dujour.com/news/daniel-craig-james-bond-spectre-interview-pictures/

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Well that confirms it then. No B25 for at least 2 years. Wonder what theatre he has in mind, since he doesn't want to do Broadway. I saw Betrayal in 2013 and loved it.

Great point he makes about going big not necessarily guaranteeing financial success.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well that confirms it then. No B25 for at least 2 years. Wonder what theatre he has in mind, since he doesn't want to do Broadway. I saw Betrayal in 2013 and loved it.

Great point he makes about going big not necessarily guaranteeing financial success.

So probably another 3 year gap. @Benny, would it be possible for my Bond 25 production thread to be reopened since we're getting closer to Spectre's release, and we have already had a few tidbits about Bond 25 so far that can start generating some discussion.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A three year gap does sound more likely now. Damn!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Check Out This Excellent Daniel Craig Era James Bond Tribute Video

http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/check-out-this-excellent-daniel-craig-era-james-bond-tribute-video/

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I knew it wouldn't come in two years with everything we've heard lately. I figured it would be three years until its release, minimum. On the (small) bright side, if Craig is doing Broadway in NYC again, that'll give me another chance to get a venue autograph from him.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    It doesn't necessarily mean there gonna be a big gap until the next one. Since Daniel has no plans for other things at the moment means that he is open to start shooting B25 earlier than later
    @Pajan005, that would be nice, as well. If he has no plans, then he's open to shooting it whenever, so hopefully they can get the cast, script, director, etc. set up ASAP.
    Yeah, exactly @Creasy47. Sure, it all depends on the rest of the production aswell. There's gotta be a script and director ready. But, we will have Daniel ready at least
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My prediction when Craig was cast, was that he would do five, like the original Connery run in the sixties. I never anticipated the hiatus between his second and third film, but I still believe he will do one more after Spectre, and bow out at around 50.

At least I hope so, despite some "inside" information.
    Now that Daniel is free and all of Fincher's HBO projects have fallen through...just go ahead and give me 'The Girl Who Played With Fire,' please, so I can stop begging for it. Shoot that soon and then get B25 out in two to three years.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Now that Daniel is free and all of Fincher's HBO projects have fallen through...just go ahead and give me 'The Girl Who Played With Fire,' please, so I can stop begging for it. Shoot that soon and then get B25 out in two to three years.

=D>
    [-O<
    I really agree on that. From what I've heard, plans for the Dragon Tattoo sequels might come into place after the release of the new book. Let's all hope so.

There is a script out there. Even available to read. So, there's that ready
    @Pajan005, the latest script is available to read? I had no idea. I really want to check it out now.
    TripAces wrote: »

=D>
    [-O<

I agree completely. It's near criminal how Sony has dicked around with that franchise, as well as the further Dan Brown sequels (we should have had them by now). Let's not even get started on how they screwed up Spider Man. I don't know what those idiots are doing over there, but they seriously need a shake up. Here's hoping for the best...
    Again, I know it's all about money, but TGWTDT doesn't receive a sequel and 'Paul Blart' does. It's very criminal.
    @Pajan005, the latest script is available to read? I had no idea. I really want to check it out now.

It might not have been the latest draft, but it was a full script. From last fall i believe. I found a link on Imdb. I'll see if I find it again

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    TripAces wrote: »

=D>
    [-O<

I'm going to be quite shattered if they never end up making the TGWTDT sequels :(
    edited August 2015 Posts: 432
    @Creasy47 Here is the link to script from the Imdb message boards.

https://pdf.yt/d/dqfbP6ikXredEv9W

No idea who put it up on the internet. It's clearly not fake, since it's a full complete script and all.
    I haven't read into it, but it appears to be a script for only the first and second acts, not the finale. Judging by this, it was last worked on 15 months ago. I wonder if anything has happened behind-the-scenes since then.
    @Creasy47 Didn't notice that, mate. In my opinion they should have a full fletched version to go with now

I remember that around the same time an email from the writer was leaked. I can't seem to find it but I do remember it said something about: Daniel Craig is waiting on Fincher and that Fincher is waiting on Budget.

Hopefully there's been alot more development since then
    At least that is some type of update. I know the budget was a big issue, as Fincher felt he needed much more than what the studio wanted to allot, but he put the money on screen for TGWTDT and I wish they would do it again.
    Gone Girl was a success. Critically and commercially. It was nominated and earned some awards. It got some well deserved attention and love from the public.

So, I have no idea how the studio felt Dragon Tattoo wasn't a success. Sure, maybe not when it comes to box office, but critically. There's clearly an audience and fans from the books who really want the other films. I wonder why it wasn't a box office hit though. Those books were a really big thing when it was coming out. So, where was the audience during it's theatrical run?
    I guess the studio needs a catalyst to reignite interest in the franchise.

2011 was perfect because they were still coming off strong from the books and the Swedish versions. A lot of time has passed now that I'm not sure how they get people into it again (apart from the die-hard fans) given that it's a follow on from something last seen 4 yrs ago. I thought they'd rush the sequel out after SF was such a hit (since DC was on a box office high) but maybe they didn't want to ruin his Bond box office power with something so dark.

The Girl In The Spider's Web (the new book by Lagercrantz due for release tomorrow I think) had better be a bestseller to kickstart this thing.
    @Pajan005, one thing I can think of is perhaps it wasn't the 'Christmas' movie that everyone had wanted, as it is very dark material containing some sensitive subject matter. Who knows, though. It blew me away and totally fit the winter I found myself in when I first saw it in theaters.
    I wish it comes true. I've been seeing that marketing for the new book is starting up here in Sweden. Saw in a newspaper that you could read a preview of the new book. Looks like the series might be coming back into peoples minds.

There was an article posted about Sony considering including both the second and the third book in one film, and using the new one as a basis for the third film
    Would that be rushed, though? I've only read half of the second book and stopped, unfortunately, as I wasn't as dedicated to reading then, but I wonder if they could pull it off. I thought I read at one point that they planned on filming them back to back, which would be wonderful. I just want more from the series, and this new book could possibly bring it back to talks. I heard that Stieg originally wanted the series to be ten books long, which is insane.