SPECTRE: So who's going to play Ernst?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It doesn't really matter to me. I wouldn't have cared if EON never used him again.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I doubt the producers have any idea yet what to do with Bond 25. It is even doubtful it will be made by 2017.
    Let's see what Spectre has in store for us. Blofeld may be in it or not.
    Maybe this is just an advertising ploy after all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    But what if Blofeld is revealed in the next one?

The film is called 'Spectre,' it'll contain SPECTRE, and the entire thing seems to be shrouded in lots of mystery. If he isn't introduced in this, he'll surely be hinted at.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I don't want Scott to be Blofeld. He's not menacing looking at all. He looks as menacing as Dominic Greene and he wasn't menacing at all. Waltz is who I want as Blofeld. He at least looks like the character Fleming imagined in the Books.

This is how I feel too. If EON are to successfully and credibly bring Blofeld back to our screens post Dr Evil then Waltz is good enough casting to do it.
    I am ag
    I was just thinking that actor Andrew Scott is much easier to commit to a multi-picture-deal as opposed to Christoph Waltz. And Andrew Scott's character 'Max Denbigh'.....I think we should NOT rule out just yet that HE could actually become Ernst Stavro Blofeld:

WqF6j8.jpg
    SPECTRE-Film-Stills-20635.jpg

I am agree with your theory, there isn't any doubt that Andrew is young but he may appear as Blofeld, would great fun !
    Murdock wrote: »
    Greene was menacing in his scenes with Camille but when standing next to Bond he's like a little bug for Bond to squash. I feel the same way about Denbigh. Waltz as seen in Inglorious Bastards has both a calm menace and a physical menace. An ideal foe for Craig's Bond.

True. Waltz also has an aura of authority. I could imagine him scaring White and commanding respect and obedience.
    Besides all the discussion about "Who's Blofeld?", I must say that I have been thrilled from day one when I heard Christoph Waltz casting announcement as Austrian villain Franz Oberhauser.

The scenes that I've seen so far are magnificent. Oberhauser uttering the line "I am the author of all your pain" echoes other quotes from villains, like Silva: "Mummy was very bad!". But what about Silva's entire Dr. No-esque monologue. Magnificent! I'm wondering if John Logan worked on that for Oberhauser too, so he will get such a monologue:
    Mr Raoul Silva: "Hello, James. Welcome. Do you like the island? My grandmother had an island. Nothing to boast of. You could walk around it in an hour, but still it was, it was a paradise for us. One summer, we went for a visit and discovered the place had been infested with rats. They'd come on a fishing boat and gorged themselves on coconut. So how do you get rats off an island? Hmm? My grandmother showed me. We buried an oil drum and hinged the lid. Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait and the rats would come for the coconut and... they would fall into the drum. And after a month, you have trapped all the rats, but what do you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean? Burn it? No. You just leave it and they begin to get hungry. And one by one..."
    [mimics rat munching sound]
    "........they start eating each other until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what? Do you kill them? No. You take them and release them into the trees, but now they don't eat coconut anymore. Now, they only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors. This is what she made us."
  • RC7RC7
    I hope there's a monologue at the SPECTRE meeting.,
    RC7 wrote: »
    I hope there's a monologue at the SPECTRE meeting.,
    I heard on a topic on the IMDB-forum that Dr Vogel (Brigitte Millar) will have a substantial speech....in German.
  • My view is neither Waltz or Scott are Blofeld and Waltz will run Spectre and there is concern his vendetta towards Bond is to personal and weakening Spectre. I don't think there is going to be a twist and I think that Waltz will go out similar to Julius Caesar in front of Bond and he will be killed by Scott. Scott will shout towards a computer screen I have done what you wanted and he will be dragged away screaming and Bond will realise the plot by Spectre was not what Waltz wanted but to set up a global organisation with a new Leader. After a dramatic escape from the control room Bond will tell M that Spectre is now a threat far more than they could ever imagine. There will then be a scene with a meeting and Blofeld will be seen and someone will say what direction do we move in and Blofeld will say mine. On computer screens you will see various characters briefly and make out the names Dr No, Largo and Max Zorin.
    A lot of people say Oberhauser might be the founder of SPECTRE and its first leader, but Blofeld will be revealed as someone else (they mention Scott, or some actor that have remained under the radar, such as Mark Strong). The thing is, why would they have SPECTRE founded by another man than Blofeld, if from the beginning, in the novels, Blofeld is established as both founder and leader? In fact, he is SPECTRE: a ghost who keeps on haunting Bond.

And we always end up with the same argument: why cast an actor with the stature of Waltz, double Oscar winner, to give the role of the villain to someone who is a dwarf in comparison? And let's not forget that Scott was cast instead of Ejiofor as he was cheaper. That does not exactly scream Blofeld to me: giving the role to a second choice.
    I think with the introduction of Oberhauser as being the head of a shadowy organization, he has to be Blofeld. Why introduce Mr. White and make him seem like a menacing head (or at least second in command) to Quantum, just to unveil Oberhauser (as seen in the trailers, Mr. White obviously fears him enough, showing that Waltz has to be in command), JUST to unveil someone else higher up than Waltz. If that's the case, when does the hierarchy end?
  • RC7RC7
    If Waltz isn't Blofeld I'll eat my hat and my hat is made of lettuce. I can devour an entire one in less than 3 minutes. I'll post the video if Scott is Blofeld.
    I said it, I say it again: it is highly likely that it will be a Jekyll & Hyde/Dracula twist.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »
    If Waltz isn't Blofeld I'll eat my hat and my hat is made of lettuce. I can devour an entire one in less than 3 minutes. I'll post the video if Scott is Blofeld.

I will eat my iron helmet. Iron is good for you. I will have both my thumbs for desert.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My theory is that Blofeld is using Oberhauser as a cover, like he did using Count De Blechamp.
    It seems so obvious to me that Waltz will be Blofeld that I just might consider any other result as one of the best twists in a film, simply because I refuse to expect anything other than that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It seems so obvious to me that Waltz will be Blofeld that I just might consider any other result as one of the best twists in a film, simply because I refuse to expect anything other than that.

The only way I can see that Waltz won't be Blofeld is EON managed to get an even more acclaimed actor for the role.

The only way I can see that Waltz won't be Blofeld is EON managed to get an even more acclaimed actor for the role.

Unlikely that we wouldn't know about him by now. And who could it be?
    Ludovico wrote: »

Unlikely that we wouldn't know about him by now. And who could it be?

The biggest fault in that would be keeping it a secret, which is near impossible in this day and age.
    Andrew Scott as Blofeld would be a blatant rip off of Moriarty. Aint gonna happen. If not CW then EON will be pulling the biggest rabbit ever out of the hat with all this subterfuge.

It is highly suspicious that they cast Andrew Scott in a "minor" role.
    As the writer's have so often in the Craig era just recycled Brosnan movies it could well be possible that Scott will be the real villain and not Waltz (Elektra-Renard).
    Or they simply will do the Moriarty rip off, even that is possible.
    @BondJasonBond006, what makes that highly suspicious? It's evident what type of character he'll be in the new trailer, but again: they cast Waltz as Oberhauser, just to cast Scott as Blofeld? Makes no sense to me.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    @Creasy47, sure it wouldn't make much sense, but that's not the issue here.
    Maybe all this speculation has got out of control but I think there will be a major twist like in TWINE and DAD. Purvis & Wade obviously love twists with the villain involved!
    edited August 2015 Posts: 40,457
    @BondJasonBond006, those aren't really the same situations, though. We're talking about the casting of the inevitable return of Blofeld.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If you want a twist: the final scene of SP will reveal that Judi Dench's M faked her own death and really was Ernestine Blofeld all along. ;)
    Question: who, among audiences and fans, would truly, truly, truly be happy if Christoph Waltz was not Blofeld? That the whole thing about building him as a Blofeld was a charade, an avalanche of red herrings?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Question: who, among audiences and fans, would truly, truly, truly be happy if Christoph Waltz was not Blofeld? That the whole thing about building him as a Blofeld was a charade, an avalanche of red herrings?

I don't think that the writer's and Wilson and Broccoli even think that far. They gave us QOS two films ago. Did anybody want that??
    @BondJasonBond006, I wanted QoS, as did many others, apparently. Sure, it seems divided, but it's not as hated as DAD was. I LOVE QoS.
    @BondJasonBond006, I wanted QoS, as did many others, apparently. Sure, it seems divided, but it's not as hated as DAD was. I LOVE QoS.

Good for you but I believe QOS is one of the most "hated", I'd say disliked, Bond movies in general consensus. DAD too, as is DAF.