SPECTRE: So who's going to play Ernst?

14849515354

Comments

  • Posts: 13,246
    RC7 wrote: »
    Now for those who support the Waltz = Blofeld theory, I do find this theory more credible. It looks more probable and it summarizes arguments that many of us in this topic didn't formulate:

    http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000075/thread/247818805

    -Blofeld is, of course, known for his abilities to change his appearance, so his appearance as "Oberhauser" in this film is the product of extensive plastic surgery as he poses as a figure of Bond's past.

    -Ernst Stavro Blofeld has killed the real Franz Oberhauser and has taken his identity (which is similar to the second theory, but without the plastic surgery).

    This would also fit in the Hoffler Klinik in the story. A Clinic where plastic surgery for the rich and wealthy is being executed.

    Still, at this moment I stick to my own theory....

    I think that's unlikely and quite shit.

    Shot can be made of various precious and culinary refined ingredients. And before it becomes shit, those ingredients could make a wonderful dish that Ian Fleming would have loved to try....

    Fleming would have loved to try a shit taco?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    If I had to place a bet, I'd go for Blofeld doesn't appear at all in Spectre, if I think about it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,543
    If I had to place a bet, I'd go for Blofeld doesn't appear at all in Spectre, if I think about it.
    That would be a complete waste.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    Ludovico wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Now for those who support the Waltz = Blofeld theory, I do find this theory more credible. It looks more probable and it summarizes arguments that many of us in this topic didn't formulate:

    http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000075/thread/247818805

    -Blofeld is, of course, known for his abilities to change his appearance, so his appearance as "Oberhauser" in this film is the product of extensive plastic surgery as he poses as a figure of Bond's past.

    -Ernst Stavro Blofeld has killed the real Franz Oberhauser and has taken his identity (which is similar to the second theory, but without the plastic surgery).

    This would also fit in the Hoffler Klinik in the story. A Clinic where plastic surgery for the rich and wealthy is being executed.

    Still, at this moment I stick to my own theory....

    I think that's unlikely and quite shit.

    Shot can be made of various precious and culinary refined ingredients. And before it becomes shit, those ingredients could make a wonderful dish that Ian Fleming would have loved to try....

    Fleming would have loved to try a shit taco?

    I think he's been at the chronic again.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,566
    The Blofeld situation just shown how wrong the writers have gone since SF.
    We are talking soap-opera territory here which is quite frankly pathetic for a Bond movie.

    Ironic that this comes from a Brosnan fan.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,057
    The Blofeld situation just shown how wrong the writers have gone since SF.
    We are talking soap-opera territory here which is quite frankly pathetic for a Bond movie.

    Ironic that this comes from a Brosnan fan.
    Nothing came more Soap Opera in Bond than all of M's stupid trust issue's with Craig. Just trust him already he know's what he's doing.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    I've been meaning to do this for a couple of days and have only just gotten around to it...
    I tweaked a still from the trailer...

    C9tfyLV.jpg

    WRoP7As.jpg

    Do we think this is the scar that some us of surmised would be present, having seen the tracking dots on Waltz's face? I don't think it's just shadow, unless of course it's very carefully lit to give that effect. I don't think it's coincidence the shot itself is bathed in black. I'm still totally convinced this guy is ESB.
  • Posts: 13,246
    Good question @RC7.
  • Posts: 11,119
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Good question @RC7.

    I was thinking the same thing, as I posted the same question also in the "Who's That Bullet For" topic.

    @RC7? Are you excited about the prospect that you....could be right now ;-)?
    Do you think it will be executed with better taste and with more originality as opposed to the Khan reveal in "Star Trek Into Darkness"?

  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,446
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Good question @RC7.

    I was thinking the same thing, as I posted the same question also in the "Who's That Bullet For" topic.

    @RC7? Are you excited about the prospect that you....could be right now ;-)?
    Do you think it will be executed with better taste and with more originality as opposed to the Khan reveal in "Star Trek Into Darkness"?

    I'm excited at the prospect of him playing Blofeld. Nothing else makes sense to me dramatically. He's the ideal candidate right now. I want to look back in 10, 20, 30 years and watch him killing it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    Why does anybody think Oberhauser is Blofeld, doesn't make any sense, that's like saying the Joker is a childhood acquaintance of Bruce Wayne.
    Highly ridiculous.
    Even P+W can't have become that insane.
  • DariusDarius UK
    Posts: 354
    The way I see it is this: what would be the point in Eon fighting long and hard and ending up paying a lot of money for the right to use the character of Blofeld if they didn't intend to use it? If a commercially motivated company pays millions of dollars for a commodity, it's not because they need to "complete the set", it's because they intend to make oodles of wonga out of it.

    My guess is that...
    Oberhauser is a "smokescreen" name for production purposes.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    Why does anybody think Oberhauser is Blofeld, doesn't make any sense, that's like saying the Joker is a childhood acquaintance of Bruce Wayne.
    Highly ridiculous.
    Even P+W can't have become that insane.

    It depends how literally you are viewing it. If you use your imagination there are plenty of possibilities that could lead to Oberhauser being Blofeld.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,566
    SPECTRE without Blofeld is like The Brotherhood of the Demon without Ra s Al Ghul. Not going to happen.
  • Posts: 11,119
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Good question @RC7.

    I was thinking the same thing, as I posted the same question also in the "Who's That Bullet For" topic.

    @RC7? Are you excited about the prospect that you....could be right now ;-)?
    Do you think it will be executed with better taste and with more originality as opposed to the Khan reveal in "Star Trek Into Darkness"?

    I'm excited at the prospect of him playing Blofeld. Nothing else makes sense to me dramatically. He's the ideal candidate right now. I want to look back in 10, 20, 30 years and watch him killing it.

    Well, when I created this topic I thought on numerous occasions that Christoph Waltz would actually be the perfect Blofeld. I absolutely agree with you. My prediction even goes back to 2012/2013.

    But then it came out that Christoph Waltz was going to play a different character from Fleming's work: Oberhauser. And I actually thought....that would be very interesting. Because from the short novel "Octopussy" we know there's a close family relationship between the Bond's and the Oberhauser's.

    At the same time I got a bit wary. Because the "Star Trek Into Darkness" plotline got mentioned as an example on how Blofeld could be re-introduced. And thát particular plot element didn't excite me so much. I actually -still- hope for a very slow and mysterious introduction of the character, like it was executed in the Bond films FRWL. TB and YOLT.

    That particular plot outline would also introduce the possibility of several returns in the Bond franchise of actor Christoph Waltz. Alas, that doesn't seem the case right now. And as of today I am still puzzled why journalists are not asking Waltz the question: "Did you sign a contract with EON for more Bond films? Will you appear in more Bond films?"

    Because I don't think it's easy to get Waltz back film after film. So in the end, now we know what character Waltz will be playing 'officially' (Oberhauser), I would have liked a relatively unknown actor to play Blofeld. Similar to how Craig got casted for the role. That prospect would seem a bit more believable for me....and also a bit more fun.

    IF Waltz is indeed Blofeld, then I do NOT want a cheap explanation for the name Oberhauser, an explanation that is similar to how it was done in "Star Trek Into Darkness". So I sincerely hope a more realistic explanation will be introduced near the end of the film for the 'Oberhauser turns into Blofeld'-narrative.

    --> Perhaps it will be the introduction of more realistic plastic surgery near the end of the film, in which the Höffler Klinik plays a role. Perhaps there his scar gets removed and gets a complete new identity.
    --> But since there is a real historical connection between Bond and Oberhauser, I expect Oberhauser going 'underground' and getting a complete new identity..that of Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And perhaps thát particular Blofeld already got killed by Hinx during this scene:
    i0KIV9.jpg
    --> And there still is a possibility that Oberhauser simply stays.......Oberhauser. And that he will be a scarred Oberhauser near the end of the film. And that Oberhauser is severely helping his protégé Max Denbigh/Ernst Blofeld.

    In any case, I hope the entire explanation for the 'Oberhauser becomes Blofeld'-narrative will be believable...and MUCH beter executed as opposed to the events from "Star Trek Into Darkness". That film got a lot of backlash from their fans....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,959
    Waltz will be Blofeld. There's my thick-layered argument!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,566
    You must be dreaming.
  • Posts: 11,119
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Waltz will be Blofeld. There's my thick-layered argument!

    Yes, but I didn't type a whole post to just say that :-P.

  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,566
    Naomie Harris wasnt playing Moneypenny, Ralph Fiennes wasn t playing M, Sam Smith wasn t doing the Bond theme song.

    Christoph Waltz isn t playing Blofeld.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??
    I didn't read any leaked scripts so I'm probably missing something.
    I guess I have to finally read that Spectre leaks thread :)) but first I have to take a leak.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??
    I didn't read any leaked scripts so I'm probably missing something.
    I guess I have to finally read that Spectre leaks thread :)) but first I have to take a leak.

    I haven't read the leaks either, but as an example - what's to stop a man called Blofeld assuming the identity of Oberhauser to f*** with Bond psychologically? It obviously won't be that simple and may not be that at all; there are loads of possibilities, but your assumption that this simply cannot happen isn't based on any sort of evidence. It absolutely can happen and imo will.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Ask yourself. In all the PR for the movie. Interviews and trailers. Where is Andrew Scott? His role has been played down, EON have granted no journos interviews with Scott to discuss Spectre despite all other cast members giving promotional interviews or discussion their parts. I have read no leaks I can see the obvious.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    Ask yourself. In all the PR for the movie. Interviews and trailers. Where is Andrew Scott? His role has been played down, EON have granted no journos interviews with Scott to discuss Spectre despite all other cast members giving promotional interviews or discussion their parts. I have read no leaks I can see the obvious.

    Ask yourself, where is Ben Whishaw? Unlike Scott he's credited on the poster. He must be Blofeld?
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    edited October 2015 Posts: 16,057
    Benedict Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan Noonian Singh, he's a new character named John Harrison. Not Khan...nope not Khan
    He was Khan, Waltz is Blofeld. The writing is on the wall. ;)
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??
    I didn't read any leaked scripts so I'm probably missing something.
    I guess I have to finally read that Spectre leaks thread :)) but first I have to take a leak.

  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ask yourself. In all the PR for the movie. Interviews and trailers. Where is Andrew Scott? His role has been played down, EON have granted no journos interviews with Scott to discuss Spectre despite all other cast members giving promotional interviews or discussion their parts. I have read no leaks I can see the obvious.

    Ask yourself, where is Ben Whishaw? Unlike Scott he's credited on the poster. He must be Blofeld?

    HA! However Wishaw has spoken about Spectre https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11780&t=bond&s=main

    Plus we already know he's Q and what his character is all about. Apart from Scott saying he works at Whitehall nothing of his character has been given away. Scott never auditioned for his character, EON approached hin for the specific role in mind. Oh why would you approach a modern great TV villain for a specific role than audition unless you have something specific in mind and know the actor your approaching is just what you feel you need. Waltz is a red herring, Scott is an enemy within orchestrating everything for SPECTRE
    would not suprise me if Scott 's character is Waltz 's son, Bond kills Waltz at the end of the film. Scott takes his father's throne as head of SPECTRE and will look to avenge his father, Scott 's true identity Blofeld his mother's maiden name. TBC in Bond 26 Dan's last film Bond and Blofeld head to head
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    Murdock wrote: »
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??[/quote.]
    Benedict Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan Noonian Singh, he's a new character named John Harrison. defiantly not Khan...nope not Khan
    He was Khan, Waltz is Blofeld. The writing is on the wall. ;)

    Hmmm...I see your point, but only because this stunt was done once in Star Trek why should this be done in James Bond?
    And the big difference also is, that it was revealed that Cumberbatch is Khan long before the movie hit the theaters.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    Question:

    What is the origin of that "rumour" that Waltz is Blofeld?
    Has something been "leaked" or was it in the news or is it simply a rumour that originated in the social media?
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,057
    Murdock wrote: »
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??[/quote.]
    Benedict Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan Noonian Singh, he's a new character named John Harrison. defiantly not Khan...nope not Khan
    He was Khan, Waltz is Blofeld. The writing is on the wall. ;)

    Hmmm...I see your point, but only because this stunt was done once in Star Trek why should this be done in James Bond?
    And the big difference also is, that it was revealed that Cumberbatch is Khan long before the movie hit the theaters.

    It's the new thing now in Hollywood. Lie to your audience to hide your twist. And while it may have been revealed, Abrams and crew continued to deny it until the films release. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,446
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ask yourself. In all the PR for the movie. Interviews and trailers. Where is Andrew Scott? His role has been played down, EON have granted no journos interviews with Scott to discuss Spectre despite all other cast members giving promotional interviews or discussion their parts. I have read no leaks I can see the obvious.

    Ask yourself, where is Ben Whishaw? Unlike Scott he's credited on the poster. He must be Blofeld?

    HA! However Wishaw has spoken about Spectre https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11780&t=bond&s=main

    Plus we already know he's Q and what his character is all about. Apart from Scott saying he works at Whitehall nothing of his character has been given away. Scott never auditioned for his character, EON approached hin for the specific role in mind. Oh why would you approach a modern great TV villain for a specific role than audition unless you have something specific in mind and know the actor your approaching is just what you feel you need. Waltz is a red herring, Scott is an enemy within orchestrating everything for SPECTRE
    would not suprise me if Scott 's character is Waltz 's son, Bond kills Waltz at the end of the film. Scott takes his father's throne as head of SPECTRE and will look to avenge his father, Scott 's true identity Blofeld his mother's maiden name. TBC in Bond 26 Dan's last film Bond and Blofeld head to head

    You do understand how ludicrous that sounds?
  • Posts: 13,246
    RC7 wrote: »
    But if he is Blofeld why for Christ's sake is his character named Oberhauser??
    I didn't read any leaked scripts so I'm probably missing something.
    I guess I have to finally read that Spectre leaks thread :)) but first I have to take a leak.

    I haven't read the leaks either, but as an example - what's to stop a man called Blofeld assuming the identity of Oberhauser to f*** with Bond psychologically? It obviously won't be that simple and may not be that at all; there are loads of possibilities, but your assumption that this simply cannot happen isn't based on any sort of evidence. It absolutely can happen and imo will.

    And I will add to this:

    1)Blofeld in the novels have been assuming identities all his life. That's what he does.
    2)The evidence so far indicates that he will be Blofeld: he looks like the OHMSS novel Blofeld, he wears a darker, revamped version of the Nehru suit, he has the stature as an actor to play an iconic character, we know for almost certainty he will get some sort of scar/burnt on his face. If it's not Waltz, then there's an avalanche of red herrings indicating he is.
Sign In or Register to comment.