SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    If SP does not deliver (unlikely), fans will not care whether the OHMSS theme was in the trailer or not. But having it in was the greatest surprise (and joy) for me. Jeff Pfeifer (who wrote/produced the music for the trailer) must have been instructed by Mendes to use it for the snow scenes. This shows that Mendes or EON are aware that it is a fan favorite and has been neglected so far. I imagine that Newman will incorporate it for the Austria scenes.

I think it was done for the fans, but also to foreshadow some narrative similarities as a bit of tease. I don't see it being incorporated into the film itself. I also don't like the idea. It's like having the GF DB5 last time. Just be confident in what you've created and don't use the safety net of nostalgia.

The OHMSS theme worked for me anyway. I am all for hearing it again if it fits SP. I love a good dose of nostalgia, but balanced. And I love when nostalgia is varied. I would rather see the briefcase of FRWL (tweaked and modernized of course) than the DB5, for instance.

It's fine in the trailer, but I think it should remain there.

Agreed..
    its all part of the mix. include it i say
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,168
    TripAces wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Hmm, just realizing that the opening "thud-thud" notes are similar to those used in the first QOS trailer. Same people putting this trailer together? Listen to 00:13 on SPECTRE and 00:55 in this :

In all honesty, rewatching that qos-trailer again kind of made me disappointed back in 2008. Despite that car chase, everything else felt like a revenge film. And while it's full of action, it doesn't have any wonderful memorable signature stunts, like a helicopter barrel roll, a chase in the snow, or a much better edited car chase.

By comparison, the spectre-trailer looks 10 times better and way way more satisfying.

Agree. QoS didn't have the stunts
    Off topic, of course, but you guys need to watch the QoS stunt featurette. There are lots of great stunts in the movie:

• RC7RC7
    Matt007 wrote: »
    its all part of the mix.

?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Hmm, just realizing that the opening "thud-thud" notes are similar to those used in the first QOS trailer. Same people putting this trailer together? Listen to 00:13 on SPECTRE and 00:55 in this :

In all honesty, rewatching that qos-trailer again kind of made me disappointed back in 2008. Despite that car chase, everything else felt like a revenge film. And while it's full of action, it doesn't have any wonderful memorable signature stunts, like a helicopter barrel roll, a chase in the snow, or a much better edited car chase.

By comparison, the spectre-trailer looks 10 times better and way way more satisfying.

Off topic, of course, but you guys need to watch the QoS stunt featurette. There are lots of great stunts in the movie:
    Actually, you just need to watch the film for that.

I have no idea where this strange notion came from that QoS doesn´t have a lot of great stunts.

Ludovico wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    If SP does not deliver (unlikely), fans will not care whether the OHMSS theme was in the trailer or not. But having it in was the greatest surprise (and joy) for me. Jeff Pfeifer (who wrote/produced the music for the trailer) must have been instructed by Mendes to use it for the snow scenes. This shows that Mendes or EON are aware that it is a fan favorite and has been neglected so far. I imagine that Newman will incorporate it for the Austria scenes.

I think it was done for the fans, but also to foreshadow some narrative similarities as a bit of tease. I don't see it being incorporated into the film itself. I also don't like the idea. It's like having the GF DB5 last time. Just be confident in what you've created and don't use the safety net of nostalgia.

The OHMSS theme worked for me anyway. I am all for hearing it again if it fits SP. I love a good dose of nostalgia, but balanced. And I love when nostalgia is varied. I would rather see the briefcase of FRWL (tweaked and modernized of course) than the DB5, for instance.

It's fine in the trailer, but I think it should remain there.

Don't know. I really liked it. Depending how it is used, I think it would work beautifully in the movie itself.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

wow! thanks for the video! never seen it before. Very interesting.
    boldfinger wrote: »

I have no idea where this strange notion came from that QoS doesn´t have a lot of great stunts.

Well, because they were so badly filmed and edited that you didn't realize they were great. When you can't follow the action, it doesn't matter if the stunt arrangers and stuntmen did their best work or not.

Gerard wrote: »

Well, because they were so badly filmed and edited
    QoS isn't "badly" edited. It was a creative decision (unfortunately) to go for the same style as the last Bourne movie, which also were made in a shaky cam/blink and you missed it style.

QoS isn't "badly" edited. It was a creative decision (unfortunately) to go for the same style as the last Bourne movie, which also were made in a shaky cam/blink and you missed it style.
    Except that QoS has most shots not very shaky, and if you bother to look, you will see everything´s there. Very much unlike Bourne, where the action in fact is more hinted at than actually shown in many frames.

[/quote]

I would say that any film where you can't tell what's going on during the action is badly edited. It may have been a creative decision - it definitely was, I realize that - but it doesn't change the fact that the editing is bad.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Digital Audience Ratings: ‘Spectre’ Trailer Tops Engagement, ‘Hunger Games’ Brings the Buzz

“Spectre” shook-up the DAR-Film leaderboard with nearly 16 million engagements thanks to Bond fans around the world. A new trailer was launched less than 24 hours following the announcement of international and domestic release dates, allowing initial announcement buzz to translate to viewership. With film stills released later in the week, “Spectre” was top of mind all week long.

/\ great to see Bond has not lost his magic! :-bd
    I think QOS was poorly edited. The average shot length is something ridiculously short all the way through the film.

Not just the car chase but the whole pacing of the movie. In the first 30 mins there are four big action scenes but we don't know anything about the people in them or their motivations so ultimately, we don't care.

Bond says. "The dams will have to come down ". Oh great so we don't get to see that either. It's like like skywalker saying "the Death Star will have to go' then cutting to the medal ceremony.
    I think QOS was poorly edited. The average shot length is something ridiculously short all the way through the film.

Not just the car chase but the whole pacing of the movie. In the first 30 mins there are four big action scenes but we don't know anything about the people in them or their motivations so ultimately, we don't care.

Bond says. "The dams will have to come down ". Oh great so we don't get to see that either. It's like like skywalker saying "the Death Star will have to go' then cutting to the medal ceremony.
    Yeah? And why would I have to see those things?

I completely agree @Matt007
  • just came across the french version of the SPECTRE trailer. Not a fan of dubbing. I am guessing that Lea Seydoux is providing her own voice!!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    just came across the french version of the SPECTRE trailer. Not a fan of dubbing. I am guessing that Lea Seydoux is providing her own voice!!
    Not sure it was Seydoux. Sounds like Bellucci
    dubbed herself though.
  • it sounded like Seydoux to me but it could be someone else. i'll have to listen again for Bellucci. i guess she speaks French. its definately not Naomi Harris dubbing herself!!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Yep, Bellucci is dubbing herself. I can't believe she acts better in english and in french than in her mother tongue.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,168

Except that QoS has most shots not very shaky, and if you bother to look, you will see everything´s there. Very much unlike Bourne, where the action in fact is more hinted at than actually shown in many frames.
    If I "bother to look"? Look, guy, there was a reason why they hired the same editor, Richard Pearson, who edited Bourne, don't you think? QoS would have been a fantastic movie, if the action wasn't so hard to follow. The only place where the 0,3 sec editing was suitable was when Bond was fleeing the opera stage and the sound effects were muted. You'd probably notice this. If you'd "bother to look" that is.
    I would say that any film where you can't tell what's going on during the action is badly edited.
    For me "bad" translates to "not doing his job properly", and that's not the case. You can either like or dislike the style, that's all.

If I "bother to look"? Look, guy, there was a reason why they hired the same editor, Richard Pearson, who edited Bourne, don't you think? QoS would have been a fantastic movie, if the action wasn't so hard to follow. The only place where the 0,3 sec editing was suitable was when Bond was fleeing the opera stage and the sound effects were muted. You'd probably notice this. If you'd "bother to look" that is.
    Well, it´s a fact that the frames in Bourne2/3 and QoS are totally different, and the rhythm of the editing is also different. Noone can deny that, it´s open as the bright day.

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    doesn't sound like Léa at all :-q
  • chipsticks wrote: »

Wasn't sure. Its strange that a French actress wouldn't dub her own voice in French in an English language film. I wonder if she will dub her own voice for the final release.

Its strange that a French actress wouldn't dub her own voice in French in an English language film.

Maybe she can't do it.
    The dubbing-job is very hard.

By the way: Arnold Schwarzenegger never dubbed himself in german. And there are some other actors that wouldn't do their own voice in their mother language.

Mostly it's because they sound like shit when they can't do it right.

Diane Kruger for example voices all her english charakters in german, but does it in a really bad way.
    I liked the new trailer a lot but I admit I do cringe every time I see the scene where the plane gets its wings ripped off and not even a flame shoots out. That kind of stuff may have worked in the Moore era but in this day and age I expect a bit less of that stuff. Hopefully the Beachboys wont be playing in that scene.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,015
    chipsticks wrote: »
    It sounds like Lea Neutral Seydoux IMO. When she shouts it's weird, but when she talks you can recognize her far more I think.

When you use 'also' and shaky cam, you are going WAY off-target. Schaefer specifically did NOT use shaky cam (I interviewed him about the film way way back), he wanted to stay completely away from BOURNE stylistically.

Now what is done with the editing is its own thing, and for the most part hurts things, but don't confuse the editing and the cinematography. You freeze frame on a lot of QUANTUM and you see some really nice frames, terrific compositions and lighting, but editorially it all goes by impressionistically.

The whole cheat-deal with the Bourne films (from what little I've seen; I dozed through the first one and have only seen bits of the Greengrass ones, which seems to employ shakeycam as excessively as JJ Abrams misuses len flares) is that they don't achieve any actual action to completion on the set, so they HAVE to do the overcutting to give the impression of an action (sort of a total reverse from THE MATRIX.) I remember the first BOURNE having a sequence where he freeclimbs a building wall, and it is entirely achieved editorially (and it was not much of an achievement IMO.)

It's like people learned Peter Hunt tricks, then misused the crap out of them.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Exactly. The film was beautifully shot but the extremely quick cut editing really ruined it in my opinion. I like Quantum, but it's editing is atrocious.