SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    The reason I dislike that 'overdue holiday' line (assuming it plays out like the trailer) is that its so blatantly disrespectful. Bond of the books (and the films) always had huge admiration and respect for M. This is said explicitly many times in the novels and implicitly in the films. That line is the equivalent of flipping M off.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,599
    Agreed, there is a thin like between dry wit, sarcasm and disrespect. When I first heard that line, it did not sit right. You can see from the trailer that he has done something pretty serious during his "holiday leave". Hard to recommend alternatives without getting into spoiler alerts
    Something that bothered me for a while. Actually, isn't SP.E.C.T.R.E. the right writing for the acronym? Since the first word is "special"?
    SECTRE it is then
    patb wrote: »
    SECTRE it is then

there shouldn't be a dot right after the "s"

Sark wrote: »
    The reason I dislike that 'overdue holiday' line (assuming it plays out like the trailer) is that its so blatantly disrespectful. Bond of the books (and the films) always had huge admiration and respect for M. This is said explicitly many times in the novels and implicitly in the films. That line is the equivalent of flipping M off.

I think from what we know SP will see Bond and M building a relationship of mutual respect. Let's not forget that in the novels (and sometimes in the movies, to a lesser extend), both characters had their moments of tension.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,400
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    Something that bothered me for a while. Actually, isn't SP.E.C.T.R.E. the right writing for the acronym? Since the first word is "special"?

The acronym is ridiculous. A terrorist organisation called "Spectre" is intimidating sounding enough as it is, you don't need to reverse engineer a convoluted acronym to justify it.

If it's any consolation it looks like the modern 2015 iteration of the organisation has dropped the old 50's style acronym. They are not SPECTRE in the new film, instead, they are simply Spectre.

Both IMDb and Wikipedia list the film as 'Spectre' and (especially with IMDb) they get this info from the studios.
    Apparently, Spectre has a new meaning in the leaked scripts. The title of the film is 'Spectre' and not 'SPECTRE'.

MOD EDIT: Spoiler tags added - possible SPECTRE spoiler.

Dublo
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I'd love to see what you think are the equivalents of this line as far as 'tension' goes.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The film is titled Spectre as in a ghost from the past, I'm guessing.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 864
    Apparently, Spectre has a new meaning in the leaked scripts. The title of the film is 'Spectre' and not 'SPECTRE'.

You know very well that there is a thread (and only one thread) to discuss spoilers of this nature and you even posted that without using spoiler tags. I've added them. Don't do this again.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119

Okay, now THIS I call spoiler-ing! Thanks a lot X(
    I agree, @Gustav_Graves. I was very close to issuing a warning because of it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    There will always be that one person to spoil things in a thread that they shouldn't. Happens with every Bond release, so it was only a matter of time. Well done.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,756

How is this a spoiler? Isn't it obvious? Anyways I'm pretty tired of people calling it SPECTRE anyways, the latter which was mentioned makes a monumental amount of sense.

How is this a spoiler? Isn't it obvious?

Because there is a clear difference between the Production Timeline (where leaks are not to be discussed) and the Leaks Thread (where they are to be discussed). The fact that people still enter this thread to discuss the leaks blows me away.

The whole "Isn't it obvious?" question is a poor excuse, really. Spoilers are going to be "obvious" once they're revealed. Just like SF: it's obvious that M dies because I know she dies. Thus, when someone reads the leaked script, spoilers are obvious to them. Either way, keep it where it belongs, not here.
    Edited the post with spoiler tags. Next person to do it gets an official waring.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

How is this a spoiler? Isn't it obvious?

Because there is a clear difference between the Production Timeline (where leaks are not to be discussed) and the Leaks Thread (where they are to be discussed). The fact that people still enter this thread to discuss the leaks blows me away.

The whole "Isn't it obvious?" question is a poor excuse, really. Spoilers are going to be "obvious" once they're revealed. Just like SF: it's obvious that M dies because I know she dies. Thus, when someone reads the leaked script, spoilers are obvious to them. Either way, keep it where it belongs, not here.

I get your point but
    I thought it was always assumed Spectre, meaning a ghost, was always the intention of the meaning. Therefore no surprise.
    @dominicgreene, and again, what you assume won't always be what someone else assumes. What may be obvious to you isn't obvious to someone else, and at the end of the day, a leak discussion is a leak discussion, which we have a proper thread for. Leaks are NOT to be discussed in this thread.
    Assume and you make an ass of you and me. Sorry I had to type this.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sark wrote: »

I think people are placing too much weight on this respect thing for M. First and foremost Malory isn't Sir Miles. Secondly, to overdue holiday line is no worse than any quip or back chat Bond (Brosnan and Craig) gave Dench's M. Thirdly, we don't know how the scene plays out; Malory may give Bond a serious bollocking...or not. Malory maybe the new M and Bond will respect his title but simultaneously the first impression relationship was already established in SF and their little back and forth repartee about staying dead set the tone of how Bond and Malory interact with each other. People need to put things into context instead of simply identifying the new M as a man and therefore it's a, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir dynamic Bond all of a sudden needs to go back to. The overdue holiday line was fine and keeping in with Bond's character and the relationship dynamic he has with Malory.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

His leading lady! Rachel Weisz gives Bond girls a run for their money in classic black bikini as she enjoys family holiday in Menorca with husband Daniel Craig

26 July 2015

2AD9D62A00000578-0-image-a-1_1437916910660.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3175065/Rachel-Weisz-shows-bikin-body-onfamily-holiday-Daniel-Craig.html

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Craigs outfit above is criminal...awful shirt and American (or in the UK Chav) style cap.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I take it he's trying to blend in seeing as he firmly hates the paparazzi.
    To be fair I think he has earned it regardless of garments! All I will say is thanks for another movie for us all to enjoy DC!!! :-bd
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    "The Death Collector" is a good title but i think SPECTRE is fine this time around.
    If Bond 25 will be a sequel to SPECTRE and Blofeld returns to the series, i wouldn't mind if they use it for the next movie instead of another one word uninspired title like "Blofeld" or else.

I agree, and no Bond movie should ever be titled "Blofeld". Ever.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah "Blofeld." as a Bond movie title is uninspired and lame.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Craigs outfit above is criminal...awful shirt and American (or in the UK Chav) style cap.

He doesn't have to be Bond between takes.
    For those interested, did the same hi-res screencaps deal with my copy of the teaser: https://www.flickr.com/photos/antovolk/sets/72157655978929330
    I wish Daniel sported some stubble again. The modern Fleming Bond doesn't need to always be so clean shaven IMO.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ludovico wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »

He doesn't have to be Bond between takes.

At least not a Mets cap :/ ...and definately a blue shirt ...very blue ..shirt ..blue hippie shirt. Yup.