SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

[
    RC7 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.

Agreed. The two obvious CGI shots. Didn't think any of the plane sequence would be, following the rigs they built.

As for the helicopter, that was done for real I think? Perhaps with a little background effects work.
    Huh? I didn´t see no obvious CGI shots in the Trailer. What exactly do you mean?
  • RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »
    [
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.

Agreed. The two obvious CGI shots. Didn't think any of the plane sequence would be, following the rigs they built.

As for the helicopter, that was done for real I think? Perhaps with a little background effects work.
    Huh? I didn´t see no obvious CGI shots in the Trailer. What exactly do you mean?

The hotel room explosion in Mexico and the plane as it crashes through the trees in Austria.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    [

The hotel room explosion in Mexico and the plane as it crashes through the trees in Austria.

Can I ask something? How....would you otherwise film a scene where Bond is zooming in on a man actually moving in that particular Mexican apartment....and then after he shoots a huge bomb explosion occurs. Just look at the frame, and how it is filmed. You actually NEED CGI for that, as Bond stays in the frame.

Personally, I think such gripping terrorist attack scenes were not really possible pre-Brosnan. Thank GOD we have CGI for that....
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    "Forgettable he surely isn´t."

Ask any casual fan the name of the henchman in QoS. The ones who don't say "who?" will have no idea.
    Sark wrote: »

Ask any casual fan the name of the henchman in QoS. The ones who don't say "who?" will have no idea.

Yup, absolutely forgettable. Quite sad really. I know from the QOS videoblogs that the actor playing him actually ASKED director Marc Forster if he could make the character a bit more interesting. Forster allowed that. But sjee, the whole character stays forgettable, because in the script it already did go wrong...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    [

Can I ask something? How....would you otherwise film a scene where Bond is zooming in on a man actually moving in that particular Mexican apartment....and then after he shoots a huge bomb explosion occurs. Just look at the frame, and how it is filmed. You actually NEED CGI for that, as Bond stays in the frame.

Personally, I think such gripping terrorist attack scenes were not really possible pre-Brosnan. Thank GOD we have CGI for that....
    If the only reason for saying it´s done with CGI is that it couldn´t possibly be done for real, then that means it looks real, so what´s the problem?

Yup, absolutely forgettable. Quite sad really. I know from the QOS videoblogs that the actor playing him actually ASKED director Marc Forster if he could make the character a bit more interesting. Forster allowed that. But sjee, the whole character stays forgettable, because in the script it already did go wrong...
    Well, each his own. I find Elvis extremely memorable.

You will get the same answer if you ask a casual fan most names, because casual fans rarely remember names of henchmen, especially if they are only mumbled once throughout the entire film.

• RC7RC7
    [

There's actually a cut back to Bond before the explosion, it's not one continuous shot, although that's what I was expecting it to be and would have preferred. I'm not saying that shot is completely possible without any CGI, but there are ways of doing these things. Blowing up a miniature may have been an option, embellished with a little CGI. The plane shot I wasn't expecting because I knew they'd built a rig, therefore I expected all the shots to be achieved practically. I guess the thing is, in the past a director may have wanted a specific shot, but it wasn't achievable, so they'd either break new ground in finding a way to achieve it, or they'd have to think of another way to cover it. That's invention, that's how you stumble across unexpected moments of creation that you hadn't considered. Nowadays if a director wants a shot that isn't achievable, they just chuck it to the post house.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Ludovico wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

For example...

A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

versus an on set still...

spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.

Just something I did quickly:

ZmEMDdn.png

Improved colours and saturation.

Great work with colours! It reminds me of this:

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Do we know if the trailer will be attached to any upcoming films in theaters?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    [

I believe the plane crashing through the trees in Austria was achieved with a full size plain traveling on a overhead cable rail system and filmed on location by the second unit. It's not digital. Only the cables were removed in post.
  • RC7RC7
    [

I believe the plane crashing through the trees in Austria was achieved with a full size plain traveling on a overhead cable rail system and filmed on location by the second unit. It's not digital. Only the cables were removed in post.

Yeah it was, but there's a shot in the trailer that looks CG to me.

I believe this is achieved practically (using the crane rig)

QbRJFVB.png

Where this angle looks like CGI to me.

8nMRROi.png

[

QbRJFVB.png

8nMRROi.png

Is it slightly...bothering you? Just curious....
  • It doesn't strike me as CGI.
  • RC7RC7
    [

QbRJFVB.png

8nMRROi.png

Is it slightly...bothering you? Just curious....

No, it just stuck out to me as I was aware they were trying to achieve this sequence practically, even firing the plane through the barn for real. That's why I was surprised to see this shot.
    It doesn't strike me as CGI.

It may not be, it just looks it to me.
    I get that the Mexico City explosion is CGI, but I haven't seen a single shot in the Alps sequence that strikes me as digital.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    And if she had it struck off, I would
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    I'm very excited for Hinx also. Zero real henchman/women in the Craig era so far which is disappointing. They could've thought of a more memorable name though

IMO The Craig has had some of the best written and actor female characters. Hasn't really been a focus on henchmen though. Elvis I think was just meant to be a weird factor.. C'mon even Green had to correct Elvis's gun pose.

@mcdonbb
    Yes I agree, even those who don't like the Craig era have to agree that the cast of females is the best ever. And that they're really delivering on the "Bond equal" statement. Severine was underused but I could believe her backstory in the little time she was on screen.

What I mean in my statement is "zero real henchmen/henchwomen."
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Regarding Tiago Rodriguez's name If
    (a) M didn't have time to remove it, then why isn't it on the wall?
    (b) did have time, I would have thought they would have scraped off the name or removed the lettering rather than create a whole new plaque minus his name.
    I get that the Mexico City explosion is CGI, but I haven't seen a single shot in the Alps sequence that strikes me as digital.

I agree - the explosion looks fake, the plane shots look real.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,985
    One of the reasons I defend good dubbing is that I think one really has to be bilingual to judge properly if a delivery is spot on or not, etc, etc. (But well, obviously, sometimes, I guess you don't need to be bilingual to judge a delivery is great, like for Ant-Man's Michael Peña, who, for me, stole the show).

So how is the French dubbing of this SPECTRE trailer ? Well, we have for sure Monica as Monica, and Lea as Lea, but alas, I'm afraid like many blockbusters the rest of the dubbing suffers from the "no more dubbing with voices who carry a strong characterization on their own" choice that seems to plague many blockbusters since 20 years.

I mean, if Monica did not speak French, I'm sure they would have used someone without a strong Italian accent, possibly for fear of being labeled "caricatural". Here, Monica will have a strong Italian accent in the French version, and well Lea speak French as a French :) Waltz's dubbed voice on the other hand, could be swapped with Fiennes's dubbed voice and it would not change much IMO...

Connery and, even more, Moore had incredible French voices with very strong characterization on their own, which may hurt English ears, but which were a big part of their popularity here. I mean, still nowadays, one of French's most popular impersonator, impersonated Moore's French voice ! While Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig have a bland French voice, like many other heroes in blockbusters. It seems only the actors who had a carreer in the 80s still have a "strong" French voice now (Willis, Schwarzie, Stallone, etc)

Oh and Lazenby ? Well, he was dubbed by the one who dubbed Sean Connery :)

Oh and Lazenby ? Well, he was dubbed by the one who dubbed Sean Connery :)

Same in Germany.

That's why OHMSS is not as bad received in Germany as it was in the UK or US.
    Actually OHMSS is the only Bond movie I only watch in german, because it's so much better. G.G. Hoffmann was a way better actor that Lazenby. And of course if you close your eyes you hear Connery. Because Hoffmann's voice IS Connery's voice in Germany.
    Could any one point me to a link to the TV SPOT 1 in PCM format? It doesn't like there is any from the official links. Thanx
  • RC7RC7
    shamelord wrote: »

Either way, the Austria chase scene looks like it has the potential to be a stand out moment in the series.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,260
    That model of helicopter has been performing that manoeuvre for decades at airshows around the World. It has a rotor head that allows it to do this:
    "Perhaps the most significant feature of the Bo 105 is its rotor blades and rotor head. The rotor system is entirely hingeless, the rotor head consisting of a solid titanium block to which the four blades are bolted;[13] the flexibility of the rotor blades works to absorb movements typically necessitating hinges in most helicopter rotor designs.[10] The rotor blades are made from reinforced-plastic glass-fiber composite material; its flexibility of the main rotor allowed for active elements other than rotor pitch changes to be removed, greatly simplifying maintenance and extending blade lifespan.[14] The reliability of the advanced rotor system is that, in over six million operating hours across the fleet, there had been a total of zero failures.[15] The rigid rotor blade design adopted on the Bo 105 has been partially attributed as responsible for the type's agility and responsiveness, it remained an uncommon feature on competing helicopters throughout the Bo 105's production life.[11]"
    Its clever stuff from the production team to include something that has real impact and "wow factor" but is something actually pretty straight forward. Something that was really lacking within the QoS aerial scenes IMHO

LOL :P

But this guy is from James Bond Radio. And this Aussie is usually very low-key and nuanced. This time...NOT:

"this is the one!"
    Stamper wrote: »
    Could any one point me to a link to the TV SPOT 1 in PCM format? It doesn't like there is any from the official links. Thanx
    The TV spot isn't available in that format unfortunately :(
    shamelord wrote: »

Either way, the Austria chase scene looks like it has the potential to be a stand out moment in the series.
    Associate producer Gregg Wilson called the Austria setpiece the "crown juvel", in one of the production diaries.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    [

QbRJFVB.png

8nMRROi.png

That second angle has digital snow blowback from the computer generated rotors, I assume. The actual plane is real. Stuff like that is usually unfinished by the time it goes into the trailer so I wouldn't be bothered by it too much. I imagine it'll be more detailed by the time the film comes out.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    When exactly was this trailer put together? About a month ago right?
    w2bond wrote: »
    Regarding Tiago Rodriguez's name If
    (a) M didn't have time to remove it, then why isn't it on the wall?
    (b) did have time, I would have thought they would have scraped off the name or removed the lettering rather than create a whole new plaque minus his name.

Great point. Seems like a potential plot hole...