SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• edited July 2015 Posts: 1,068
    I've seen live two Black Cats military helicopters demonstrating such high jinks in similar fashion to the Red Arrows to believe its real with the right pilot and powerful enough helicopter so don't necessarily write the whole thing off and sum it up as dodgy CGI. I'd say it's another live corkscrew stunt in honour of LALD
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RC7, that was my thinking with that setup they had. Shame.
    When the first 24 hours are behind us after something big has happened, the enthusiasm will settle down a bit and we start analyzing every aspect of what has happened more and more. Thus resulting in some fair amount of criticism as well. Though it usually arrives after those 24 hours ;-).
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Risico007 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This reactions quite good.

What made watching this video worthwhile were the following:

The ASM vest
    She looks like she has a nice rack
    Her overzealous appreciation and excitement for Craig as Bond
    She has good viewing taste
    Is pumped more to see SP than Mission Impossible

I agree

She didn't know how to pronounce SPECTRE and she was utterly annoying.

Fortunately, I had to go to bathroom 2 minutes in.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No letter in the alphabet is enough to express my excitement for this film. The trailer is absolutely fantastic, the OHMSS theme, every last frame shot with utter beauty, one of the best I've seen. We've got a good one in our hands folks.

Just to be clear, the trailer is being attached to Rogue Nation, not Pixels right?
    Here's another enthusiast :-P. You gotta love his deep voice hehe. And again someone who wants to see this film because "Dave Bautista is in it".

Ludovico wrote: »
    These color filters.......don't forget that for CR the colors IMO were a bit too saturated. But during the PTS the colors were black-and-white. So directors and DOP's obviously want to tell something with that aspect as well.

Purely without narrative context, the color filters perhaps look too yellow-ish. But honestly, we haven't seen the film yet. There could be a sinister feel to the entire PTS (Perhaps the "Day Of The Death" is mirroring the theme of the film, and "death" in itself could be perceived as a rather dolor-less thing). Even more sinister than the SF-PTS. So DOP van Hoytema probably wants that to be reflected in the film.

I think we need to be a bit more patient and judge the cinematography within the context of the story, the theme of the film, until after we've seen the full film. Perhaps the color filters then make more sense.

Also, don't forget the film still is in post-production.

I think Mendes might be going for a Sergio Leone look. Just a thought.

I was thinking it was more in the Soderberg TRAFFIC mode, myself, just not as extreme. Still, very hard on the eyes, and a big disappointment from THIS particular DP if it does represent the final (no way of knowing that yet.)

• Is it me, or does the trailer feel like they are sort of going back to CR? IMO

• edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Analysis of "SPECTRE". But ehm, we already saw that :-).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tv-film-news/oldfinger-spectre-trailer-007-clues-6119230
    A nice overview of all officially published video's by Sony/MGM/EON:

12.04.2014: "SPECTRE" Teaser Trailer no#1 / Title Treatment:

02.11.2015: "SPECTRE" Videoblog no#1 "Austria shooting / Ice Chase":

02.26.2015: "SPECTRE" Videoblog no#2 "Pinewood shooting / UK shooting":

03.27.2015: "SPECTRE" Teaser Trailer no#2:

04.30.2015: "SPECTRE" Videoblog no#3 "Rome shooting / Car Chase":

06.10.2015: "SPECTRE" TV Trailer no#1 / Teaser Trailer no#3:

06.15.2015: "SPECTRE" Videoblog no#4 "Mexico Preparations 'Day Of The Dead' ":

07.22.2015: "SPECTRE" Full Theatrical Trailer no#1:
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I don't see Silva's name on the wall as mentioned by M in Skyfall... Is this the same wall mentioned that is at the MI6 building at Vauxhall?

19339725533_7ce083fb8a_b.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    imranbecks wrote: »
    I don't see Silva's name on the wall as mentioned by M in Skyfall... Is this the same wall mentioned that is at the MI6 building at Vauxhall?

19339725533_7ce083fb8a_b.jpg

She had it struck off.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore

[img][/img]

She had it struck off.

Thats what I thought, but I wonder though if she did end up doing that because she probably died first before she asked someone to strike it off..lol..
    RC7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.

I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.
    Yes, @RC7, that is exactly what I meant.

TripAces wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    Bond allies but to my mind we have yet to see a proper henchman

Elvis! You forget Elvis! Surely the most memorable henchman in all of Bond! His immortally famous line "How much longer?" will be remembered for generations
    The only Bond henchmen that doesn't seem like he could fight out of a wet paper bag. Even the boring ones like Stamper were at least physically imposing.

The lack of henchmen in the Craig films is one reason I'm so excited about Hinx.
    Elvis was the King of Weirdom. His Job was not to be menacing, but to be strange, and that he did exceptionally well. He is one of the best henchmen in the whole series.

And he was bald...and gay, as evidenced in the Tosca scene.

Was he gay?

Yes. At least, strongly suggested here (@ :18):

I always read that as him looking for recognition that someone else sees the beauty in the opera as he does, but as with the other members of Quantum the guy he looks at is stony-faced and totally lacking in emotion.
    That has always been my understanding of that Scene too.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    w2bond wrote: »
    Bond allies but to my mind we have yet to see a proper henchman

Elvis! You forget Elvis! Surely the most memorable henchman in all of Bond! His immortally famous line "How much longer?" will be remembered for generations
    The only Bond henchmen that doesn't seem like he could fight out of a wet paper bag. Even the boring ones like Stamper were at least physically imposing.

The lack of henchmen in the Craig films is one reason I'm so excited about Hinx.
    Elvis was the King of Weirdom. His Job was not to be menacing, but to be strange, and that he did exceptionally well. He is one of the best henchmen in the whole series.

I hope you're joking here? I thought it was a German member of "The Big Bang Theory". Absolutely not menacing, even highly forgettable. Even his death was completely forgettable. I call that an example of a badly written character, an ornament that has been given way too much screening. Director Marc Forster could have had the power to considerably rewrite this character in a more compelling henchman.
    As I said before, he wasn´t meant to be menacing. Forgettable he surely isn´t. His death, if that´s what it was, contains some of the best Humor in the whole series. To call Elvis a badly written character is gross misunderstanding IMO.

Purely without narrative context, the color filters perhaps look too yellow-ish. But honestly, we haven't seen the film yet. There could be a sinister feel to the entire PTS (Perhaps the "Day Of The Death" is mirroring the theme of the film, and "death" in itself could be perceived as a rather dolor-less thing). Even more sinister than the SF-PTS. So DOP van Hoytema probably wants that to be reflected in the film.

I think we need to be a bit more patient and judge the cinematography within the context of the story, the theme of the film, until after we've seen the full film. Perhaps the color filters then make more sense.

Also, don't forget the film still is in post-production.
    Post-production or not, most Scenes from that Trailer look smothered either in ocher or Brown, and they sinply don´t look very teasing to me. I can easily imagine that especially the Mexico Scenes are perhaps flashback Scenes, as the b/w Scenes in CR, but surely not the rest of the Trailer Scenes. Or does DOP van Hoytema want it to be reflected that 70% of the movie is happenening in a dream, or something like that? No matter what, one big tease of Bond films used to be (at least for me) spectacularly-looking shots, and the Color schemes in this Trailer simply don´t give me that effect.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Considering he wasn't written at all. Did he even say anything in the movie? :))

[img][/img]

She had it struck off.

Thats what I thought, but I wonder though if she did end up doing that because she probably died first before she asked someone to strike it off..lol..

Yeah I doubt she had time. She had to go to that tribunal immediately after saying that, and well, never got back to MI6. The HQ building was abandoned during that period, and still looks abandoned, so presumably nobody got around to it. It would be a nice easter egg if Tiago Rodriguez and Alec Trevelyan were on there (yes I know he's referred to as an 'anonymous star' but it'd be a fun wink to see it anyway)
    [
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.

Agreed. The two obvious CGI shots. Didn't think any of the plane sequence would be, following the rigs they built.

As for the helicopter, that was done for real I think? Perhaps with a little background effects work.
    Huh? I didn´t see no obvious CGI shots in the Trailer. What exactly do you mean?
  • RC7RC7
    [
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.

Agreed. The two obvious CGI shots. Didn't think any of the plane sequence would be, following the rigs they built.

As for the helicopter, that was done for real I think? Perhaps with a little background effects work.
    Huh? I didn´t see no obvious CGI shots in the Trailer. What exactly do you mean?

The hotel room explosion in Mexico and the plane as it crashes through the trees in Austria.
    [

The hotel room explosion in Mexico and the plane as it crashes through the trees in Austria.

Can I ask something? How....would you otherwise film a scene where Bond is zooming in on a man actually moving in that particular Mexican apartment....and then after he shoots a huge bomb explosion occurs. Just look at the frame, and how it is filmed. You actually NEED CGI for that, as Bond stays in the frame.

Personally, I think such gripping terrorist attack scenes were not really possible pre-Brosnan. Thank GOD we have CGI for that....
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    "Forgettable he surely isn´t."

Ask any casual fan the name of the henchman in QoS. The ones who don't say "who?" will have no idea.

Ask any casual fan the name of the henchman in QoS. The ones who don't say "who?" will have no idea.

Yup, absolutely forgettable. Quite sad really. I know from the QOS videoblogs that the actor playing him actually ASKED director Marc Forster if he could make the character a bit more interesting. Forster allowed that. But sjee, the whole character stays forgettable, because in the script it already did go wrong...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    [

Can I ask something? How....would you otherwise film a scene where Bond is zooming in on a man actually moving in that particular Mexican apartment....and then after he shoots a huge bomb explosion occurs. Just look at the frame, and how it is filmed. You actually NEED CGI for that, as Bond stays in the frame.

Personally, I think such gripping terrorist attack scenes were not really possible pre-Brosnan. Thank GOD we have CGI for that....
    If the only reason for saying it´s done with CGI is that it couldn´t possibly be done for real, then that means it looks real, so what´s the problem?

Yup, absolutely forgettable. Quite sad really. I know from the QOS videoblogs that the actor playing him actually ASKED director Marc Forster if he could make the character a bit more interesting. Forster allowed that. But sjee, the whole character stays forgettable, because in the script it already did go wrong...
    Well, each his own. I find Elvis extremely memorable.

You will get the same answer if you ask a casual fan most names, because casual fans rarely remember names of henchmen, especially if they are only mumbled once throughout the entire film.

• RC7RC7
    [

There's actually a cut back to Bond before the explosion, it's not one continuous shot, although that's what I was expecting it to be and would have preferred. I'm not saying that shot is completely possible without any CGI, but there are ways of doing these things. Blowing up a miniature may have been an option, embellished with a little CGI. The plane shot I wasn't expecting because I knew they'd built a rig, therefore I expected all the shots to be achieved practically. I guess the thing is, in the past a director may have wanted a specific shot, but it wasn't achievable, so they'd either break new ground in finding a way to achieve it, or they'd have to think of another way to cover it. That's invention, that's how you stumble across unexpected moments of creation that you hadn't considered. Nowadays if a director wants a shot that isn't achievable, they just chuck it to the post house.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.
    I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

For example...

A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

versus an on set still...

spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.

Just something I did quickly:

ZmEMDdn.png

Improved colours and saturation.

Great work with colours! It reminds me of this:

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Do we know if the trailer will be attached to any upcoming films in theaters?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    [

I believe the plane crashing through the trees in Austria was achieved with a full size plain traveling on a overhead cable rail system and filmed on location by the second unit. It's not digital. Only the cables were removed in post.
  • RC7RC7
    [

I believe the plane crashing through the trees in Austria was achieved with a full size plain traveling on a overhead cable rail system and filmed on location by the second unit. It's not digital. Only the cables were removed in post.

Yeah it was, but there's a shot in the trailer that looks CG to me.

I believe this is achieved practically (using the crane rig)

QbRJFVB.png

Where this angle looks like CGI to me.

8nMRROi.png

[

Yeah it was, but there's a shot in the trailer that looks CG to me.

I believe this is achieved practically (using the crane rig)

QbRJFVB.png

Where this angle looks like CGI to me.

8nMRROi.png

Is it slightly...bothering you? Just curious....
  • It doesn't strike me as CGI.