SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    w2bond wrote: »
    Bond allies but to my mind we have yet to see a proper henchman

Elvis! You forget Elvis! Surely the most memorable henchman in all of Bond! His immortally famous line "How much longer?" will be remembered for generations
    The only Bond henchmen that doesn't seem like he could fight out of a wet paper bag. Even the boring ones like Stamper were at least physically imposing.

The lack of henchmen in the Craig films is one reason I'm so excited about Hinx.
    Elvis was the King of Weirdom. His Job was not to be menacing, but to be strange, and that he did exceptionally well. He is one of the best henchmen in the whole series.

And he was bald...and gay, as evidenced in the Tosca scene.

Was he gay?
  • 5.) OHMSS theme? Awesome usage in the trailer, but it better not be a huge hint that the movie will reuse major plotlines from OHMSS. Reboot Bond already had his Tracy. Her name is Vesper. That's all I'll say on that...

No, he had his Vesper. The natural progression is to also have a Tracy. Fits into Craig's timeline quite nicely.

• RC7RC7
    5.) OHMSS theme? Awesome usage in the trailer, but it better not be a huge hint that the movie will reuse major plotlines from OHMSS. Reboot Bond already had his Tracy. Her name is Vesper. That's all I'll say on that...

No, he had his Vesper. The natural progression is to also have a Tracy. Fits into Craig's timeline quite nicely.

A little bit condensed, but hey-ho. If there had been a 2010 movie where DC was shagging everything that moved and nonchalantly despatching bad guys with ease, we'd be on for a great end to his tenure with SP. As it is, I still feel like there's a hole in his character arc between QoS and SF, which is fine, but a little disappointing.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

Elvis! You forget Elvis! Surely the most memorable henchman in all of Bond! His immortally famous line "How much longer?" will be remembered for generations
    The only Bond henchmen that doesn't seem like he could fight out of a wet paper bag. Even the boring ones like Stamper were at least physically imposing.

The lack of henchmen in the Craig films is one reason I'm so excited about Hinx.
    Elvis was the King of Weirdom. His Job was not to be menacing, but to be strange, and that he did exceptionally well. He is one of the best henchmen in the whole series.
    We're apparently operating under very different definitions of henchman.

It's strange to say hes the best when no one remembers him besides fanatics.
    RC7 wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.

Ludovico wrote: »
    I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.
  • This reactions quite good.

i think the trailer should have ended with a better money shot than bond shooting. how about the barrel role of the chopper, maybe a different angle or something. other than that the trailer was perfection, maybe could have been a little bit more colorful.
  • RC7RC7

Spectre-Attack.jpg
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.

I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

For example...

A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

versus an on set still...

spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    A little bit condensed, but hey-ho. If there had been a 2010 movie where DC was shagging everything that moved and nonchalantly despatching bad guys with ease, we'd be on for a great end to his tenure with SP. As it is, I still feel like there's a hole in his character arc between QoS and SF, which is fine, but a little disappointing.
    On screen between Vesper and Madeleine will have been: Fields, Turkey Girl, Severine, Estrella, and Lucia. Presumably many more off screen. That's good enough for me. It's enough to know that he could than it is to see it (for me at least.)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Was he gay?

Yes. At least, strongly suggested here (@ :18):

• RC7RC7
    On screen between Vesper and Madeleine will have been: Fields, Turkey Girl, Severine, Estrella, and Lucia. Presumably many more off screen. That's good enough for me. It's enough to know that he could than it is to see it (for me at least.)

In all honesty I'd rather see a Gala Brand scenario play out in the Craig-verse than a re-hash of the Tracy angle.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Capture.png

It appears that Bond is holding either his new watch or just the NATO strap.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This reactions quite good.

What made watching this video worthwhile were the following:

The ASM vest
    She looks like she has a nice rack
    Her overzealous appreciation and excitement for Craig as Bond
    She has good viewing taste
    Is pumped more to see SP than Mission Impossible
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512

Was he gay?

Yes. At least, strongly suggested here (@ :18):

I always read that as him looking for recognition that someone else sees the beauty in the opera as he does, but as with the other members of Quantum the guy he looks at is stony-faced and totally lacking in emotion.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 832
    -
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I had this thought that is a little concerning to me, to say the least. I will put it in spoiler tags to be safe.
    What if it's true that this is craig's last bond film, and the ohmss references, particularly bond's last line (if you read the script) are being used to indicate that it's the end of bond (or at least this timeline or something) instead of the end of Madeleine Swann. It would be a completely unexpected, and well done twist, but I would hate it and be extremely disappointed in the lack of craig yolt-esque film which I was convinced was happening.

doubleoego wrote: »
    This reactions quite good.

What made watching this video worthwhile were the following:

The ASM vest
    She looks like she has a nice rack
    Her overzealous appreciation and excitement for Craig as Bond
    She has good viewing taste
    Is pumped more to see SP than Mission Impossible

I agree
    It's amazing how when the Bond series is at it's lowest the movies just keep coming but when on the right track, one or all of the followibg happens; it's time time to end the era, end the character, huge delays between movies and recast.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,756

Spectre-Attack.jpg

I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

For example...

V42cxJR.png

Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.

Just something I did quickly:

ZmEMDdn.png

Improved colours and saturation.
  • I've noticed if you play both the Skyfall and Spectre Trailer at the same time. Eve and Bond both point their snipers at the same time almost.
  • RC7RC7

Spectre-Attack.jpg

For example...

V42cxJR.png

Just something I did quickly:

ZmEMDdn.png

Improved colours and saturation.

Great work. Already looks better IMO.

I hope you're joking here? I thought it was a German member of "The Big Bang Theory". Absolutely not menacing, even highly forgettable. Even his death was completely forgettable. I call that an example of a badly written character, an ornament that has been given way too much screening. Director Marc Forster could have had the power to considerably rewrite this character in a more compelling henchman.
  • RC7RC7

I hope you're joking here? I thought it was a German member of "The Big Bang Theory". Absolutely not menacing, even highly forgettable. Even his death was completely forgettable. I call that an example of a badly written character, an ornament that has been given way too much screening. Director Marc Forster could have had the power to considerably rewrite this character in a more compelling henchman.

He started off well, at the Opera, but that's it. He could've been great and injected a little bit of levity, but he's completely forgotten for the rest of the movie and the scene with Fields is completely pointless. He only beats out Mr. Kil because he doesn't have to utter the line, 'but the lasers... are real'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That was Zao who said that. Mr. Kil says, I'll use da laser! when he's about to off Jinx.
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »
    That was Zao who said that. Mr. Kil says, I'll use da laser! when he's about to off Jinx.

You got me. I was waiting for a big DAD fan to step in!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 16,328

I wouldn't say I'm a big DAD fan, but I have an almost photographic memory when it comes to Bond dialogue. :))
    Look, which of you people have twitter accounts? Bautista is supposed to be doing some Q and A on twitter and I was wondering if anyone will be participating. If so, can someone ask him about the sort if fighting style he and Craig engage in? Are the fight scenes brutal and visceral?very intetested to know particularly as it was choreographed by Olivier Schneider.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Look, which of you people have twitter accounts? Bautista is supposed to be doing some Q and A on twitter and I was wondering if anyone will be participating. If so, can someone ask him about the sort if fighting style he and Craig engage in? Are the fight scenes brutal and visceral?very intetested to know particularly as it was choreographed by Olivier Schneider.

It's already happened. You can find all the tweets here on the James Bond twitter page:

https://twitter.com/007
  • RC7RC7

I wouldn't say I'm a big DAD fan, but I have an almost photographic memory when it comes to Bond dialogue. :))

I'm the same with music cues. Even DAD, sadly!

I'm the same with music cues. Even DAD, sadly!

Me too. But then again the best part of Die Another Day for me was the music. :P