SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I definitely want to see some hand to hand combat. I'm hoping to get visceral beat downs.

I do want to see something more akin to CR, but actually I'd really like to see, for once, some interesting gun-play.

That would be nice. The last time I saw interesting gunplay in a Hollywood movie was John Wick.

Mate, you read my mind. I was going to post a clip of it.
    Akin to CR? No thanks. I'd prefer something new and fresh. If the Bond series stands still for too long, it gets cramp. See DAD.

Stop trolling @Mendes4Lyfe.

I know it's hard for the film makers at this point, but I think its still possible to make a Bond where comparisons aren't made to the rest of the canon, but only if they persue diligently new opportunities. I know people like CR so they want the next film to be like that, or whatever other Bond film, but I don't want a film even like my favourite in any aspect. I hope there is a decent amount of originality in the trailer and not just touchstones for fans to point and say 'look, like lald!' Or CR or OHMSS or whatever. I meant what I said. Alot can be learned from DAD is an instance where Bond was stubborn and refused to change with the times. I think there is always a danger of something similar occuring.

Believe me, I've been saying this more a long time. I've no interest in homages and nods to other films, I'm all for progression and creating new icons. I was hounded for criticising the DB5 in SF, but I stand by the fact I believe it was an awful decision. When I said I'd like to see some fisticuffs more akin to CR, I meant of the DC era that is the film that delivers that aspect well. I don't know enough about fighting to breakdown the minutiae of exactly what I'd want from SP in this regard. Unlike the screenplay or direction, which I'll happily dissect.

It's not nice to be accused of anything, that's all.
    And to prepare for tomorrow's release of one hell of a trailer (and a possible videoblog), here's some lovely stuff that prepares you for that :-D!:

This great trailer really captures the essence of 007's biggest antagonist: The SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. In short: S.P.E.C.T.R.E.:

Another great edited fan trailer, commemorating 50 years of James Bond 007. It's accompanied by one of the most succesful James Bond theme songs in history:

And for lovers of cinematic main title designs, there's this wonderful website (Please consider donating some money to them, as I think it's truly a great encyclopedia for movie lovers. I did so too). The trailer about James Bond main title designs is astonishing:
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    As a 50th anniversary film, SF was a nod to the past but also opening a door to the future. It had a mix of old (primarily story, and the DB5) elements, but created some new iconic moments, mirroring the theme of the movie. In that way it was a mixed bag. But it was largely an originally done film, unlike a lot of others in the series done by recurring directors which repeated tropes.

Without having followed production/script, I believe SP will mostly be an original story so there's plenty of room for innovation and I believe we have seen that in the Craig era regardless of how well done the sequences are - The stairwell/fisher fight, airport scene, Vienna house, Ropes with Mitchell, Bond vs Patrice, Komodo dragon, Macallan 50 scene. I'm sure SP will deliver.

I'm quite optimistic on the script (have not read it). I felt the SF script (not plot) was mostly enjoyable.

I feel the DB5 should be left in the past. It doesn't do much but remind audiences that you are watching a James Bond film, and that started with GE. I'd rather the latest Aston or whatever, which we're getting in SP
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    FINALLY! Maybe we'll get a new poster along with it. I'm getting greedy...
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Sark wrote: »
    Good morning people, are we ready for a Trailer inbound today?
    IT'S OFFICIAL! 8am tomorrow morning

Your man seems to have an overdeveloped sense of, shall we say drama, MartinBond.

Maybe his clock and/or calendar aren't russian ;)
    8am!!! I will already be at work! Thank god for smart phones!!!! :-bd
  • And finally here we are!!!!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'll wake up to it tomorrow a.m. 8 a.m British time is 3 a.m east coast US time, correct?
    Bring on 3am!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    Bring on 3am!!

Uncle 3am wants you!
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    Bring on 3am!!

Uncle 3am wants you!

oh he has me! hahaha

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Serious question: Will anyone here be able to resist watching it?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm not watching the trailer.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Serious question: Will anyone here be able to resist watching it?

Serious answer: Nope.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,252
    Not watching it. And I will likely take a hiatus from all Spectre things online in case some idiot creates a thread title / headline with spoilers.

I had the Fields death scene spoiled in the weeks leading up to QoS release. I want everything as a surprise this time
  • According to sources I can't really disclose, we shall have the new trailer on Wednesday.
    Looks like I was right...
    Seriously wishing I hadn't seen this tonight coz the next 16 hrs are gonna be murder!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    w2bond wrote: »
    Not watching it. And I will likely take a hiatus from all Spectre things online in case some idiot creates a thread title / headline with spoilers.

I had the Fields death scene spoiled in the weeks leading up to QoS release. I want everything as a surprise this time

I had M's death, how Silva's death happens, and Eve being MP spoiled for me before SF was released. Gotta love people.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    The fact that I'm going to a funeral tomorrow and will have just witnessed the trailer seems like a bad idea. I'll just be sitting there the whole time replaying the trailer over and over in my head.
    content-4-32596-6a9w.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Midnight tonight, for those of us on the west coast. Awesome!
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 389
    00 am LA/Vancouver
    1 am Denver/Utah
    2 am Chicago/Mexico DF
    3 am New York/Washington DC/Toronto
    4 am Rio/Sao Paulo/Buenos Aires
    8 am London/Dublin/Lisbon
    9 am Paris/Madrid/Rome/Berlin
    10 am Moscow/Athens/Istanbul
    12:30 pm Delhi
    3 pm Beijing/Shangai
    4 pm Tokio/Seoul
    5 pm Sydney/Melbourne
    It is not prime time anywhere, a bit extrange, isn´t it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is not television, it is the net.
  • Here in Honolulu, it's coming at 9pm tonight.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    [deleted]
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Let's get hype going with this (from yours truly):

Damn @MadeleineSwann you got me ;D (does say Fan-Made tho)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Dave Bautista will be doing a live chat afterwarrd on imdb
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Fantastic job @antovolk. A profesional job!!! I remember something similar for SKYFALL, but it was official.

2 AM for me. We'll see if I can stay up for it...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The fact that I'm going to a funeral tomorrow and will have just witnessed the trailer seems like a bad idea. I'll just be sitting there the whole time replaying the trailer over and over in my head.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Let's get hype going with this (from yours truly):

Damn @MadeleineSwann you got me ;D (does say Fan-Made tho)

Good job there.