SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Stigmatism maybe ...
    A shadow of himself in any case.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    you could say a Spectre of his former self...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Perhaps he's looking for relief, or at least a quantum of solace...
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited July 2015 Posts: 858
    Good morning people, are we ready for a Trailer inbound today?
    MartinBond wrote: »
    Are we? Have you heard anything specific?

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    From a reliable source, yes ;)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 117
    Is British chaps are quite happy to wait of course, after all we have to wait and queue for everything else! ;)

Zeg Martín? Kom nu maar op met je bronnen ;-).
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Makes sense if they drop today, after all they don't want to get too close to Thursday when a certain Katniss Everdeen lands....(say what you will but the battle between the new SPECTRE and Hunger Games trailers in terms of views will be very close, SPECTRE will likely have more press/media coverage while HG has the advantage of a crazier/more active fan base)
    Should we be insulted that we are NOT considered crazier or more active?
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

Zeg Martín? Kom nu maar op met je bronnen ;-).

Fata Morgana bron zeker? haha:-)
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    you could say a Spectre of his former self...

Great choice of words.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    antovolk wrote: »
    Makes sense if they drop today, after all they don't want to get too close to Thursday when a certain Katniss Everdeen lands....(say what you will but the battle between the new SPECTRE and Hunger Games trailers in terms of views will be very close, SPECTRE will likely gave more press/media coverage while HG has the advantage of a crazier/more active fan base)

Can't speak for the US, but the Hunger Games doesn't have quite the traction in the UK. I think it does well opening weekends and the then tails off. I certainly don't recall any entry coming close to a DC film over here and in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if DAD had an equal, if not better box office haul in the UK. A quick google confirms the last Hunger Games sits behind The Lego Movie, The Inbetweeners movie and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes at the 2014 BO. Just seems the appetite is not quite there in the UK.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 3,164
    RC7 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Makes sense if they drop today, after all they don't want to get too close to Thursday when a certain Katniss Everdeen lands....(say what you will but the battle between the new SPECTRE and Hunger Games trailers in terms of views will be very close, SPECTRE will likely gave more press/media coverage while HG has the advantage of a crazier/more active fan base)

Can't speak for the US, but the Hunger Games doesn't have quite the traction in the UK. I think it does well opening weekends and the then tails off. I certainly don't recall any entry coming close to a DC film over here and in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if DAD had an equal, if not better box office haul in the UK. A quick google confirms the last Hunger Games sits behind The Lego Movie, The Inbetweeners movie and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes at the 2014 BO. Just seems the appetite is not quite there in the UK.

I agree about the UK/overseas absolutely @RC7 - Like Bond is known to be absolutely massive overseas and unusually low traction for a film of that scale in the U.S., the inverse applies to Hunger Games, which is absolutely massive in the US but traction in overseas markets isn't there.

Checking Box Office Mojo - 72.5% of Skyfall's total boxoffice came from outside the U.S., which above average for a blockbuster release like this (normally it's 60-65%), while for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the split is 49% from the U.S., 51% from overseas markets, which is well below average.

But speaking of trailer views though - like I said, it will be a very close match between the two films...Lionsgate have been building up hype for Thursday's trailer release since last week...

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited July 2015 Posts: 805
    IT'S OFFICIAL! 8am tomorrow morning

G R E A T !
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Yeah! So I was right! Great
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    GREAT!! CAN'T WAIT!! :) :) :)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    8am as well. Perfect morning wake up. Perhaps it will make an appearance on TV as well.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    IT'S OFFICIAL! 8am tomorrow morning

Your man seems to have an overdeveloped sense of, shall we say drama, MartinBond.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    The countdown has begun!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Yesss!! great news!!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Jurassic-Park-33-Hold-on-to-your-butts1.jpg
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I've started a countdown on my phone!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Fantastic news. Roll on tomorrow morning....
    CKbVyvBW8AApLVf.jpg:large
    Great news! Will try to watch it before going to work.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    CKbTY8OWcAA7F5e.png
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    OMG this will be 5pm Wednesday over here. Right after work. I have got to resist watching this