SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

My priority is getting people to the theatres, but I want to see cool footage, obviously
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,257

This is a good example of what I mean when I said the teaser was meant for Bond fans who understand the franchise. Calvin obviously knows a lot about Bond and his reaction reflected that. Magnus, on the other hand, is more of a comicbook movie guy. He didn't seem to get anything out of the teaser.

But that is why I watch these reaction videos. I like to keep my finger on the general public's pulse and see how they are reacting to certain movies.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Stuff like that is better done by people who know what they're talking about or actually want to talk about. For example:

That's just irritating, does he think he's funny?

Also @mcdonbb I did say not all of you but most of the ones I see are from the U.S with the exception of the cringe worthy Brit above.

Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm just too old for this sh*t but to me that is no better than all the other ones out there, someone's ego thinks he's got talent and he's actually amusing.

And I actually agree with all of that ..but the "hate" gets to me.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,588

This is a good example of what I mean when I said the teaser was meant for Bond fans who understand the franchise. Calvin obviously knows a lot about Bond and his reaction reflected that. Magnus, on the other hand, is more of a comicbook movie guy. He didn't seem to get anything out of the teaser.

But that is why I watch these reaction videos. I like to keep my finger on the general public's pulse and see how they are reacting to certain movies.

Exactly. These reaction videos and the people who are reacting in them aren't doing it to show off their "talent". They're simply showing the general public in what way they are impacted by the trailer. In terms of the more entertaining reactions, obviously those come from actual fans like Mr. Dyson.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,015

IMO, reaction videos are the kind of stuff Youtube was made for, even if no one had a clue it would be used for that. And I prefer a zillion times people doing this than people telling in a forum how the trailer should have been made - without even trying to have go at it (I don't talk about people actually doing fan trailers and posting them.. on Youtube).

I don't think it's the "general audience" though. For the general audience for Skyfall, IMO, Adele did far more to bring awareness to people there was a Bond movie in theather than the whole of Youtube.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Less than six hours..."and counting"
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    antovolk wrote: »
    9 hours 19 to go
    giphy.gif

LOL. At least in Britain fans can get a good night's (Goodnight?) sleep then wake up at 8am to watch the trailer before heading off for work. I'm in Montreal, Canada. I have to stay up until 3am!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    This is the problem with the internet, people who have no discerning talent are able to broadcast their drivel. I started watching one of of those trailer reviews and got a minute in and felt like throwing my lap top out the window.

I'm sorry but Americans (I know it's not all of you) are the biggest culprits of this, why do you think we want to know your childish opinion on something allot of the time you don't even know what is you are talking about?

Another example is when so called film sites are taking peoples theories on fan sites (like MI6) and then passing it off as news. Does anyone actually do any work themselves or is it just copy and paste now is what passes for journalism?

Why single out Americans again??? Please see above and stop the shortsighted hate.

Because Americans tend to attempt to be the loudest and most obnoxious ones I see online: look at me, listen to me, agree with me. Me, me, me.

Also, I'm an American.

A large portion of film related websites and You Tube channels the English-speaking world reads and watches are from the United States. It's the law of averages. Since there are so many of them to begin with, it is therefore easier to stumble on ones that suck.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Plus YouTube is more or less an open forum... if you don't like what you here or see just go to the next vid. Simple.

I'm gonna be staying up I guess. Might watch a Bond film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,441
    doubleoego wrote: »
    What's more shocking is, these clowns get requested to do reaction videos. It's just so pathetic.

It can even worse, a parfum girl from Youtube who going to be in Dutch version of Expeditie Robinson 2015. Before you know it she get her own tv program with same count of views as she get on youtube and get paid for lying about products. If she not already doing this. Dutch: Verschrikkelijk! (English: Despicable)

But Adele also get her fame from talent show, so it not always be bad thing. But i have seen people from DVD/TV releated forums that i think, please... go a way. Because there said things who are not true or not saying everything. Biggest problem i have with it, are creaters of the program believe them enough to trust on what there saying and don't ask quistions about the image there like to buld in front of them.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I'm gonna be staying up I guess. Might watch a Bond film.

Yup. I'm doing a Bond marathon anyways, so might as well to care of a film. OHMSS is next.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm really going to try and stay up for the trailer. I stayed up until 5 AM or so to see the SF teaser trailer, so let's see if I can do this...

*cut to an hour and a half later, and I'm dead asleep*
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Almost midnight here in Brazil, only four hours left. I'll be here fighting the cold...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @antovolk Since this is a full trailer will you be Super HD-ing it?
    Living Daylights in my Blu-Ray player. Might go with Licence to Kill next.
  • tqbtqb
    I'll be watching and recording a reaction video when I wake up.
  • I will be inviting an audience into my home to watch me react to the trailer in real time—no cameras. There's something to be said for the transient beauty of live theatre.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Three hours, fifteen minutes..."and counting"
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2015 Posts: 12,459
    The trailer will show at the moment I am finished work - 4:00 pm, aftn here - so I'm staying and watching it on my computer (one I am typing from now), with audio low of course. Very, very excited!! :)
    @antovolk I do hope you will post your usual HD downloadable link :)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    2 more hours...to watch or not to watch
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    w2bond wrote: »
    2 more hours...to watch or not to watch

It's three more hours.
    I'm awake nice and early, but I still won't get to see the trailer for at least 7 hours
    I just read on the IMDB-forum that "a certain music theme makes a reappearance in the trailer, but it's not the James Bond theme". Could John Barry's "007 Theme" resurface?? ;;)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I just read on the IMDB-forum that "a certain music theme makes a reappearance in the trailer, but it's not the James Bond theme". Could John Barry's "007 Theme" resurface?? ;;)

What?! :O

• I just read on the IMDB-forum that "a certain music theme makes a reappearance in the trailer, but it's not the James Bond theme". Could John Barry's "007 Theme" resurface?? ;;)

I think Vesper's theme would be more likely. Or even Live & Let Die, considering how much Mendes loves the film. In fact, if a familiar theme other than the James Bond theme is appearing in the trailer, I'd be almost certain it's Live & Let Die.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Are there people over there who have seen it already?
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    okay...now I'm pumped
    I hope you're right, but "I just read on the IMDB-forum" does add doubt. I used to post there quite a lot, but the validity of information posted on those forums can be lacking. But as I say, doesn't mean it's not true...