Your Blu-Ray Steelbook Collection (including James Bond Steelbooks)

Comments

ha - very cool!
    How the hell is he doing that huh ;)
    Nice to see we're being fleeced again!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If SPECTRE is a masterpiece like I think it will be, I might treat myself to the steelbook. I have been looking for a film like Goldenye was to me as a boy. Endlessly rewatchable. If SPECTRE is this, then the steelbook will be worth it. If the film is bogged down with emotional baggage like CR that you have to be in the right mood to enjoy, then not so much. I want SPECTRE to be more about popcorn fun than soul-searching melodrama. Only then will it justify a steelbook purchase.
  • RC7RC7
    If the film is bogged down with emotional baggage like CR

Yawn
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Oh, what the hell, I give up. I going for FRWL, too.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Yeah, I ordered three. Then went back later and ordered the other four. "It's only a pre-order. I can always cancel before September..." Yeah, right.
    Can someone give me a link to the German pre-order webshop??

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited July 2015 Posts: 2,252
    This is what we should've gotten for the 50th anniversary.

Unfortunately I'm not paying $300US = $406AU before shipping when I paid around $100AU for the Bond 50 set.

The steelbooks are amazing, but I wish they released all the films, and they better release new special features, two documentaries aren't enough
    My proposed covers for the Bond movies that weren't announced with the Steelbook set.

That is brilliant. Would buy them all.

Only one I would change is turning the DAD one from orange to blue for the icy theme

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    w2bond wrote: »
    My proposed covers for the Bond movies that weren't announced with the Steelbook set.

Only one I would change is turning the DAD one from orange to blue for the icy theme

This better? ;)
    sP23I1E.jpg
    I preferred the orange version. I never really liked all that icy design from DAD :(
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    In addition to the steelbooks/box-set announcement this morning, also releasing will be a Bond film collection for each actor.

jamesbond007conneryblus_large.jpg
    jamesbond007lazenbyblu_large.jpg
    jamesbond007mooreblu_large.jpg
    jamesbond007daltonblu_large.jpg
    jamesbond007brosnanblu_large.jpg
    jamesbond007craigblu_large.jpg
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    It's good to see George Lazenby is fully embraced now by the Bond bosses ;-). Sjee, Lazenby even gets his own collector's set :-P. AND, on the steelbook release video OHMSS is pictured awfully close to Daniel Craig's three films :-P. Wonderful!
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Ooowh guys, I must say, this was a big news day for Mr Bond :-D. As this year "Thunderball" will also be celebrating its 50th anniversary, I'm very happy it gets a proper steelbook release. Thank you EON :-).
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Those collections have digital copies too, thats always a huge selling point for me.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Those collections have digital copies too, thats always a huge selling point for me.

I'm also really getting into the idea of using the digital copy that comes with blu-rays nowadays. It's a neat, flexible addition since you can't always guarantee that you'll have what you need to watch a film on disc wherever you go.

That said, I haven't begun buying digital only. I still want blu-ray discs first, digital copies second.
    Any reason why the George Lazenby and Timmy Dalton sets don't reference Digital HD on their covers?
    eddychaput wrote: »

I'm also really getting into the idea of using the digital copy that comes with blu-rays nowadays. It's a neat, flexible addition since you can't always guarantee that you'll have what you need to watch a film on disc wherever you go.

That said, I haven't begun buying digital only. I still want blu-ray discs first, digital copies second.

I'm sorry, but the fact that you can buy Bond films online, in the so called "HD-streaming-quality", doesn't appeal to me at all. Furthermore, I need to.....touch something, feel something, have something physical. And that goes for many fan communities. Including the Bond fan community. That's why I welcome these limited edition steelbooks. There are simply...beautiful. Especially if you're a sucker for (graphical) design. And you can't get this if you buy a film digitally...or via stream.
    eddychaput wrote: »

I'm sorry, but the fact that you can buy Bond films online, in the so called "HD-streaming-quality", doesn't appeal to me at all. Furthermore, I need to.....touch something, feel something, have something physical. And that goes for many fan communities. Including the Bond fan community. That's why I welcome these limited edition steelbooks. There are simply...beautiful. Especially if you're a sucker for (graphical) design. And you can't get this if you buy a film digitally...or via stream.

I don't disagree with a word you're saying. Like I said, the disc is top priority, the digital copy is more of useful secondary medium to watch a film on the go or whatnot. Trust me, I'll be hunting down those steelbooks like most self-respecting Bond fans!
    I preferred the orange version. I never really liked all that icy design from DAD :(

"well, you can't win them all" :P
    w2bond wrote: »

This better? ;)
    sP23I1E.jpg

Much :)

And what about having a skull from the title sequence for lald. Then you can submit the designs to eon
    Wont bother buying unless QOS is released with commentary and better special features.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    jamesbond007mooreblu_large.jpg
    I didn't think it was possible for Roger Moore to look thát cool!

I think save for Connery which non-straight stanging pose is a bit weird, they all have a portrayal-defining pose. Roger being very charming, Daniel very no-nonsense etc.

Loving this. As I don't own the DVD/Blu-ry 50'th set, I might go for these actor-sets of the Ultimate one with space for SPECTRE instead...
    Funny to see fashion from the 1960's repeating itself 50 years later. Just look at the tuxedos from Sean and Daniel :-). Same black tie...
  • In which DVD/BD “The Shadow of SPECTRE” and “The Story So Far” will be incuded?
    In which DVD/BD “The Shadow of SPECTRE” and “The Story So Far” will be incuded?

If the German packaging is to go by, they are accessible as online exclusive - a code and a link to access is included with all the discs.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Funny to see fashion from the 1960's repeating itself 50 years later. Just look at the tuxedos from Sean and Daniel :-). Same black tie...

Fashion may go out of style, but style never goes out of fashion ;)
    MartinBond wrote: »

Fashion may go out of style, but style never goes out of fashion ;)

Love that line ;-). And so true hehe.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So about the steelbooks, how limited are we talking here?