Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    CEGkOC7WAAA5tkS.jpg
    Can't get enough Han Solo!!! A few years ago, when the possibility of a Star Wars sequel was in the works, I though Harrison Ford would have been the only original who wouldn't be back! So happy to see him!!!!

lol And he even looks more lively than he did in his last FIVE movies! :D
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    MAYTHE4TH.png
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =)) love that poster !
    Watching all the Star Wars films on Sky Movies. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited May 2015 Posts: 9,117
    Just went past the Disney store on Oxford St and they are having a Star Wars day (presumably on the strength of George Osborne's announcment?). However as Tiffany Case once said 'it reads better than it lives'. Basically they are just playing the music on loudspeakers and there are a load of geeks queuing outside for something although I couldnt work out what - probably Warwick Davis or someone signing posters.

The only thing of interest (for those of you who dont have a wife who would thinks your Bond obsession is bad enough) is they are doing 'buy one get the second for £1' on these action figures:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Store-Talking-Darth-Figure/dp/B00K1ECY1I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1430756746&sr=8-4&keywords=star+wars+talking+action+figure

About the size of an action man they seem to come in Darth, Boba Fett, Luke in X-Wing pilot uniform and Stormtrooper flavours.

• edited May 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Has anyone seen/posted THIS already?

A few sources are running it.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 11,189
    delete
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was hoping for an actual image of his character. IGN broke this news a few days ago.
    Was not posted on this thread.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was waiting for an actual image of Serkis's character before I posted anything about it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "Supreme Leader Snoke"? Sounds like a really nice guy...
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    I was fine with no more Star Wars movies after 2005. I was fine with no more after 1983. That was the end of the story. Case closed. Some stories need to be left alone
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    New Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Trailer Released:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/new-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay-trailer-released/

I can't wait for this one!

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/new-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay-trailer-released/

My brother has been raving about this, looks good. Not a huge gamer though I may purchase it.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

That looks legitimately epic!

And yet we can't get a decent Bond game.
    Ewan McGregor Would Happily Return To Star Wars, But Wouldn't Need A Crossguard Lightsaber

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/22/ewan-mcgregor-would-happily-return-to-star-wars-but-wouldnt-need/
    Id love to see him return for his own adventure- especially if Ewan is excited for it!
    I'd also love to see him in the new trilogy, with old age makeup as a ghost, still mentoring Luke
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens BTS Comic-Con Footage

That was an enjoyable watch, thanks!

Will the Darth Vader Theme be used? He is not around, but the theme is so damn iconic I would frankly miss it if it wasn t there.

I really hope the ewoks stay away from this.
    So Han Solo will get his own solo film. Wonder if Chris Pratt will be coveted for that part as much as he seemingly is for Indiana Jones.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Chris Pratt will be a busy man, with 'Guardians of the Galaxy' sequels, Jurassic World sequels, the solo Solo movie and Indiana Jones.
    If he gets to be Solo AND Indiana Jones he would be Harrison Ford's MiniMe.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This actor got a job portraying the young version of Harrison Ford's character in Age of Adeline.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,043
    I promised myself I wouldn't get carried away with another Star Wars film but I completely surrender to this. I know it's been said so much it's a cliche but this looks like the film we all wanted in 1999 instead of the full length toy commercial with no soul we got.

Must say the decision to bring on JJ looks to have paid off and the use of practical effects promise appears to be adhered to. I might be a 43 year old adult but this fills me with same wonder that I had as a boy and I can't say that about blockbuster cinema that often these days. Bring it on this is going to one slightly early Christmas present that is going to be hard to top!

Yes SPECTRE is still my most awaited film of the year but only slightly now, yes it could all still end up disappointing but on the strength of that footage and the adrenaline rush I got from that reel I don't think so!
  • RC7RC7
    talos7 wrote: »
    This actor got a job portraying the young version of Harrison Ford's character in Age of Adeline.

They've gotta get this guy for the Solo movie.
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens BTS Comic-Con Footage

Brilliant footage! That Tie Fighter sound just gets me EVERYTIME!!!! \m/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm so jazzed! Like SOOOOO jazzed!!!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I've heard some comments on the net from some who've said this looks like too much a nostalgia fest and at least the prequels Lucas took the series into new territory.

I can't believe how much some people will try and defend those films I can imagine they aren't of the same age of us that watched Star Wars in 1977 & 1978.

I think that those that came to it after most likely on video and TV will never understand quite the wait and anticipating our generation went through. I imagine no one of my age group making excuse for those soulless exercises in making money and selling merchandise.

I personally think Disney decision to hire JJ after his success with Star Trek was the right thing to do and the nostalgia this film will contain will be the right amount to get the people in the theatres. I think we are most likely looking at not only the highest grossing film of 2015 (seriously it's a given) but most likely the film that will finally topple Smurfphahontas as the worldwide highest grosser of all time.

Once they've re-established the universe with a New Hope style opener (though slightly darker) Rian Johnson to take the series off into newer territory and deliver an Empire style follow up. Rumours are that JJ is been touted to return for episode 9.